Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Bloodlet

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#41 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:20 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am Yeah i figured that someone will jump into this and starting to cry about farming mats will not be easy when respawn times will be increased. Blaming that PvE is easy and then wanting easy mat farming is kinda weird :). We all know that questing isn't the main thing in this game but its sometimes nice to jump out of the action and get some lore/story about the game and the respawn rates are not as they were in live, they are just to annoying people who want to do something other than RvR lakes at the times. And nobody talks about making game easier.
This exactly.

Ads
Bloodlet

Post#42 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Another patch, and the NPC respawn is still 3x faster than live making questing tedious and impossible in some areas. Is this being discussed by the team at all to change?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#43 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:36 pm

its being discussed internally and no absolute decision has been made on it. Though there is a possibility ofc that it will stay in this way

Bloodlet

Post#44 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:36 pm its being discussed internally and no absolute decision has been made on it. Though there is a possibility ofc that it will stay in this way
Ok thank you. I think the positives outweigh any negatives for changing it to how it was or at least closer to how it was and I and I am sure others look forward to the decision on this matter.

Sengirv

Post#45 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 am

I for one also enjoyed PvE on Live. But, that being said, doesn't mean the Devs do. This is their server, and we get to play for free! Sure respawn times are faster, but that means faster farming/gold per hour. Every other post is talking about debuffs and fair gameplay etc etc. I just dont get it....Devs if you see this, thank you for allowing us to play on your server. All the hard work you do is appreciated. If you fix mob respawn times then cool! But if you dont have time for it all, than atleast I can say TY for all of the RvR, and allowing us to PvP atleast. Keep up the amazing work !!!

marisco

Post#46 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:44 am

I leveled chars on all pairings and never had a problem with mobs respawn, the only exception was a on a Sorc but thats mostly because the tendency of blowing yourself up.

Healers have issues with leveling simpy because you can't kill stuff fast enough, but thats supposed to happen. The game shouldn't adapt to you hitting like a wet noodle. If you want to level via pve just respec dps and go for it.

Bloodlet

Post#47 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:27 pm

marisco wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:44 am I leveled chars on all pairings and never had a problem with mobs respawn, the only exception was a on a Sorc but thats mostly because the tendency of blowing yourself up.

Healers have issues with leveling simpy because you can't kill stuff fast enough, but thats supposed to happen. The game shouldn't adapt to you hitting like a wet noodle. If you want to level via pve just respec dps and go for it.
Nobody is talking about not being able to level up to max. Obviously people can level up as evidenced by the max level people playing now. The issue is that the respawn is too fast making questing more tedious that it should be and nearly impossible for some many quests as a solo player which is compounded by people who play lower DPS builds like tanks and healers. Healers definitely should be able to quest albeit slower than a pure DPS but also can do so are a more consistent pace because their health is always topped off. I don't know where you got the idea they shouldn't be able to quest. And regular questing definitely always was a solo friendly endeavor because group content was always geared towards RvR, lairs and dungeons. Furthermore it is not always about finishing a quest but simply traversing the world. I don't remember the zone but there is a bridge in the GvD pairing that you simply can't cross because orcs spawn on the bridge so fast you can't kill fast enough to cross it. I think there was a way to swim downstream and go around it but it breaks immersion having to cheese the game just to move around because the respawn is 3x faster than live.

Ototo

Post#48 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 am

Bloodlet wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:27 pm
Spoiler:
marisco wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:44 am I leveled chars on all pairings and never had a problem with mobs respawn, the only exception was a on a Sorc but thats mostly because the tendency of blowing yourself up.

Nobody is talking about not being able to level up to max. Obviously people can level up as evidenced by the max level people playing now. The issue is that the respawn is too fast making questing more tedious that it should be and nearly impossible for some many quests as a solo player which is compounded by people who play lower DPS builds like tanks and healers. Healers definitely should be able to quest albeit slower than a pure DPS but also can do so are a more consistent pace because their health is always topped off. I don't know where you got the idea they shouldn't be able to quest. And regular questing definitely always was a solo friendly endeavor because group content was always geared towards RvR, lairs and dungeons. Furthermore it is not always about finishing a quest but simply traversing the world. I don't remember the zone but there is a bridge in the GvD pairing that you simply can't cross because orcs spawn on the bridge so fast you can't kill fast enough to cross it. I think there was a way to swim downstream and go around it but it breaks immersion having to cheese the game just to move around because the respawn is 3x faster than live.
There are several, including the most serious one in Kadrin Valley, that is over the valley in the north, where you don't have any other alternative that run past them using Flee, and sometimes also a potion. It's nearly impossible to survive it for long ttk classes, yet still the toughest ones are the ones linked to Epic Quests, and caves in general, where there is literally no other escape than death.

EDIT: And a bonus for the worst one goes to the location of the Ancient Horror final stage. A very long cave. Like extremely long. Longer than a summer without cold beer. I bet people to reach the depth of it without slipping down the cliff to cheese this stage. If you try to do it properly at the level of the reward, get ready with plenty potions, both RvR and normal healing and shield, and reserve around 30-40 minutes. It must have been the second most painful experience I ever had in PvE in this game.
Spoiler:

Ads
Vilhelmina

Post#49 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am

I have a quest on my Shammy where he has to get through a cave full of bats in KV. The cave is SWARMING with bats and I can barely make it 10m in before the 1st bats are respawning all over me.

@Devs, please seriously consider dialling down the respawn rate.

p.s. lack of AoE hurts.

Gangan

Post#50 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Sounds like some of your issues are more related to double/multiple spawns of mobs. It's a known problem of the way the game is rebuild.
Maybe try to report those very dense populated areas on the bug-tracker.
I'm not sure if it's possible to see if something is wrong with the spawns in code 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald