Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Pexitron

Repop too fast!

Post#1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 am

- So, its about the repop of the mobs in this game. I dont know why it is so so faster than the originale game but at this rate its so stupid.

In many situations especialy indoor, corridor etc... You dont even have the time for wait your health replenish, the mob you just killed repop on your back 20 sec later? So not need for be a genius for understand how its painfull die stupidly because of the repop!

Thx for your time and for make this great game again alive 8-)

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 am

Pexitron wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 am - So, its about the repop of the mobs in this game. I dont know why it is so so faster than the originale game but at this rate its so stupid.

In many situations especialy indoor, corridor etc... You dont even have the time for wait your health replenish, the mob you just killed repop on your back 20 sec later? So not need for be a genius for understand how its painfull die stupidly because of the repop!
Thx for your time and for make this great game again alive 8-)
The respawn time is 60 sec for trash mobs. Just like it was on live.

sioding
Game Master

Post#3 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:35 am

First post - two insults in it. Good start. Maybe invite a healer - could help.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Grock

Post#4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm

In some places the density is staggeringly thick, never seen it be so bad in any other game, don't remember if it was like this on Live but i kinda doubt it.
Its especially bad considering mobs freely walk through walls, ceilings and floors here on RoR.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm In some places the density is staggeringly thick, never seen it be so bad in any other game, don't remember if it was like this on Live but i kinda doubt it.
Its especially bad considering mobs freely walk through walls, ceilings and floors here on RoR.
Yes the problem is the double spawns we have mostly related to how the packet sniffer worked that was used to get the mob positions. Thats why the db guys usually go ahead and wipe them out whenever they find too many npc. Nordland is already pretty free of double spawns since they were cleaned away in a very tedious work task :3

Grock

Post#6 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 pm

I think in some places its more than double spawns, it looks more like there are say 5 spots where a mob can spawn, but only supposed to spawn once, but in here it spawns on every spot.

I've noticed it long ago before mobs learned to walk, it werent just double spawns (1 spot multiple mobs, standing inside each other, right?) but instead just very very high density. Kinda like spiders at pve lava lake in orer TM warcamp. Seen it in many places while i were doing T3 epic quests couple of years ago.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Pexitron

Post#7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm

- hey where do you see i insult someone? I say a situation or a fact are stupid and you feel injureed? (sorry bad english)
And i'm a healer, like all my main in all game. Very hard to xp with my cultist. Each time i die its because of the repop too quick even if i know i must anticipate it.
- Sure it was more than in actualy is. Sure. Even with my black Orc there is situation i cant do like climb in the wall of the middle of the barak var map, in the Public quest. Even before with my SW i can clean it with 2 level more. Now its impossible.

All for say if the repop are 60, it must be really 90 sec for sure. And i know this game perfectly, like DAoC.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Pexitron wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm

- hey where do you see i insult someone? I say a situation or a fact are stupid and you feel injureed? (sorry bad english)
And i'm a healer, like all my main in all game. Very hard to xp with my cultist. Each time i die its because of the repop too quick even if i know i must anticipate it.
- Sure it was more than in actualy is. Sure. Even with my black Orc there is situation i cant do like climb in the wall of the middle of the barak var map, in the Public quest. Even before with my SW i can clean it with 2 level more. Now its impossible.

All for say if the repop are 60, it must be really 90 sec for sure. And i know this game perfectly, like DAoC.
Not good enough it seems. I watched old war videos to see the 60sec timer on trash mobs. The problem is that we have to many spawns everywhere

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#9 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:49 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:14 pm Not good enough it seems. I watched old war videos to see the 60sec timer on trash mobs. The problem is that we have to many spawns everywhere
It is very possible, and i can explain why :). When i was running the (gigantic) countries on live to record packets, it happened i had to pass several on the same place, and on each pass, mobs were counted again.

And according these packets have been used to spawn mobs on emu.... Thats why you can see some named mobs in multiple spawn very close each other.

Now removing some randomly -and manually- according the size of the PvE would take some time...

Maybe if you have screenies of place where it is really a problem, DB team could take a look.

I invite you to post some screens (with precise location) on bugtracker.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 am

@yali yes it is. Its a very tedious task thats why we never managed to clean up any other zone than nordland. Takes a few hours per zone for sure and the risk of removing actual legit spawns is always there. Given the amount of zones this is easily a half-a-year project for one db guy given its just a free time job for a few hours a week.