Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Bloodlet

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#11 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 am

The respawn timer for regular world mobs was not 60 seconds on live. It was more like 2 minutes. I know this is a bit of a thread necro but I quit over this reason and came back to check to see if it was fixed and I see people are still talking about it. In fact saupreusse is still trying to keep the respawn rate blazingly fast I see unlike how it was on live since he was in a thread I made on this issue (see signature) arguing for the same 60 seconds lie. Oh well, I will check back in another month or so I guess.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:03 am

Bloodlet wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 am The respawn timer for regular world mobs was not 60 seconds on live. It was more like 2 minutes. I know this is a bit of a thread necro but I quit over this reason and came back to check to see if it was fixed and I see people are still talking about it. In fact saupreusse is still trying to keep the respawn rate blazingly fast I see unlike how it was on live since he was in a thread I made on this issue (see signature) arguing for the same 60 seconds lie. Oh well, I will check back in another month or so I guess.

what's the difference between trash mobs respawning 1min or 2min?
maybe it differ from area, zone, quest and lvl.

everybody have their own priorities but yours are quite unique.

patch is weekly event.
I recommend checking every week.
and disable ad blocker ;)
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ysaran

Post#13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 am

Bloodlet wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 am The respawn timer for regular world mobs was not 60 seconds on live. It was more like 2 minutes. I know this is a bit of a thread necro but I quit over this reason and came back to check to see if it was fixed and I see people are still talking about it. In fact saupreusse is still trying to keep the respawn rate blazingly fast I see unlike how it was on live since he was in a thread I made on this issue (see signature) arguing for the same 60 seconds lie. Oh well, I will check back in another month or so I guess.
Tbh i dont care much about this respawn thing but you talked about "lie" so now I must ask you: can you prove that respawn time was 2 minutes on live? With a video or something else maybe?
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#14 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 am

For some pve encounters a helping hand might help.
Dying is no option.

Bloodlet

Post#15 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 am
Tbh i dont care much about this respawn thing but you talked about "lie" so now I must ask you: can you prove that respawn time was 2 minutes on live? With a video or something else maybe?
Let me rephrase to say it was AT LEAST two minutes on live, maybe more like 5 minutes. I say this because I distinctly recall going to the Land of the Dead on live and there as a set of bones with 12 carrion on it that I would go grind on as soon as I could go to LotD at 30 and I could kill all of them one or two at a time and would finish as the first one was about to respawn so I hardly ever had downtime.

Edit: Found a video that I think helps prove my case. This video is about AOE grinding and the guy has a clock above his chat box. He kills the mobs and after they all die you can see that he cuts out the down time but there is just over 5 minutes between his pulls based on his clock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9leuVzFNAY

Bloodlet

Post#16 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 am

Ok so I just came back, and went to the closest quest I had when I last played which is "Carts of Karkarag" which wants me to "Find Evidence of the Miner's Whereabouts" which presumably is in a spider filled cave. I cannot get into the cave as the I am continuously fighting the same 3 spiders that spawn in a cycle so fast that I can't make any progress inside past them.

Above I provide evidence that the NPC respawn rate was 5 minutes, not 1 minute as it is now. Can we pretty please, with sugar on top bring the NPC spawn rate in line with what it was on the live servers? I don't think this is an unreasonable request, it doesn't increase the power of anyone's characters and there isn't such a vibrant PvE population that we need a super fast respawn rate.

xarax

Post#17 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 am

well, remember this is RoR, not live, not everything has to be or will be like live
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ototo

Post#18 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 am

Well, to be fair, it makes some quests extremely difficult unless that you have a very low time-to-kill. With my healers, that have very high TTK, I can't really complete the T4 epics unless I'm in full annihilator, filled with potions, and I'm kind of lucky to not pull the wrong guys. Annoying? As hell. Top priority? Not really. I can live with it, just would be nice that we get back the not so overwhelming PvE experience of live. If the amount of mobs can't be controlled, then increasing respawn by a bit would be much appreciated.
Spoiler:

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#19 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:57 am

yeah i agree, most mob respawn rates when doing quests are way too high. I think it shouldnt be hard to change it in the database, quering the respawn time it currently has and making it twice would be enough.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#20 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm

so the base respawn where its not set in DB for the specific spawn is 50000 + level * 1000 milliseconds.

This is furtehr modified if the creature is a champion, hero or lord.