Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Bloodlet

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#31 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Yeah we aren't asking for PQ's to be soloable and am not sure why that was brought up. Since it was though I will say that on live I could solo a handful of easy PQs. But again whether people can solo champs or heroes is different that regular world mobs spawning 3 times faster than they did on live making questing tedious if not impossible for some quests.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#32 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:59 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 pm
This is not an isolated case, if you want I can point out some other places where the mob density is so big that is literally impossible to kill them before they respawn again, so advancing in such places is nearly impossible unless that you have way bigger level than the mobs. I can even point you to a couple low lvl30ish spots where you may not survive in a fresh lvl40 character, and even some places at high lvl20ish where a fresh lvl40 glass cannon can die if s/he is not careful enough. That's speaking strictly from my experience, so more exists out there that I have never ventured in.
High mob density is an issue where recording live server mob positions ended up recording them when they were pathing in multiple locations, resulting in more spawns than intended. Those can be cleaned up, but we do need good bugtracker reports in areas where there are clearly too many.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bloodlet

Post#33 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:59 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 pm
This is not an isolated case, if you want I can point out some other places where the mob density is so big that is literally impossible to kill them before they respawn again, so advancing in such places is nearly impossible unless that you have way bigger level than the mobs. I can even point you to a couple low lvl30ish spots where you may not survive in a fresh lvl40 character, and even some places at high lvl20ish where a fresh lvl40 glass cannon can die if s/he is not careful enough. That's speaking strictly from my experience, so more exists out there that I have never ventured in.
High mob density is an issue where recording live server mob positions ended up recording them when they were pathing in multiple locations, resulting in more spawns than intended. Those can be cleaned up, but we do need good bugtracker reports in areas where there are clearly too many.
High mob density is less of an issue when the crazy accelerated respawn times are brought in line with how they were on live so that might be another benefit of adjusting them like we are asking since there would be less need to clear them up like you mention.

Fey

Post#34 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Farming butchering mats is already a pain in the crotchal region. Especially when you're dealing with limited spawns like Caledor bats.

I remember being pretty annoyed at the Annihilation epic quest in particular on shaman and zealot; but nothing I would consider a problem.

Open world pve in RoR is baby-town frolics. (aka: easy) Find yourself a buddy, or level up a farming class. Nothing to see here, move along.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Bloodlet

Post#35 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:02 am

Fey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:49 pm Farming butchering mats is already a pain in the crotchal region. Especially when you're dealing with limited spawns like Caledor bats.

I remember being pretty annoyed at the Annihilation epic quest in particular on shaman and zealot; but nothing I would consider a problem.

Open world pve in RoR is baby-town frolics. (aka: easy) Find yourself a buddy, or level up a farming class. Nothing to see here, move along.
It's strange how often people come in to defend the status quo for dubious reasons, like you just come in the thread to troll. It is not easy for certain areas like caves and walled camps and obviously I am not the only one with this opinion, I even did a search on Discord and saw the same complaints. Questing in high density closed in areas is tedious due to the 3x fast respawn rate. I don't need a buddy because regular questing was not meant to be a group activity. That is what lairs and dungeons and public quests are for. It's irrefutable.

Fey

Post#36 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 am

It's funny you think I'm trolling. Whatever, this is a non-issue. This game is incredibly easy pve wise
Black Toof Clan

Ototo

Post#37 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:28 am

Fey wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 am It's funny you think I'm trolling. Whatever, this is a non-issue. This game is incredibly easy pve wise
It's funny cause not even 4 post ago Warg just told that it was an issue, but whatever.
Spoiler:

Fey

Post#38 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 am

He's talking about mob density. I don't doubt that specifically is an issue, especially in low level areas. It's the solution of increasing respawn timers to which I object.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Ototo

Post#39 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 am

Fey wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 am He's talking about mob density. I don't doubt that specifically is an issue, especially in low level areas. It's the solution of increasing respawn timers to which I object.
So is not an issue, but is an issue, and the "The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part, shall be known in this contract."

I would gladly hear ideas, if it's indeed an issue.
Spoiler:

xpander
Community Management

Post#40 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am

Yeah i figured that someone will jump into this and starting to cry about farming mats will not be easy when respawn times will be increased. Blaming that PvE is easy and then wanting easy mat farming is kinda weird :). We all know that questing isn't the main thing in this game but its sometimes nice to jump out of the action and get some lore/story about the game and the respawn rates are not as they were in live, they are just to annoying people who want to do something other than RvR lakes at the times. And nobody talks about making game easier.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos