Recent Topics

Ads

[Developer Help Required] Broken Quest Chain

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Lovings

[Developer Help Required] Broken Quest Chain

Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi there,

After a conversation with [GM] Kaylin (spelling might be incorrect) last night I was instructed to make a post on the forum seeking aid from a developer, as he/she is unable to conduct the required action in order to rectify the situation.

Background and situation:

On Monday before the first server crash, I was in a Warband for city. I had recently completed the second stage for a few of the Beastlord quests; the ones requiring you to kill 20x Bright Wizards, Witch Hunters, Slayers etc. respectively and had decided now was the time to quickly hand them in before sign-ups end/city queue pop and change my gear set-up.

Upon completing the quest(s) the player would then hand-in the quest and receive a Beastial Token as a reward. After collecting five tokens they can then be handed in to a NPC in IC (playing Destro) in exchange for the Beastlord's Hunting Guide.

I had handed in the final quests and was making my way to IC to collect the pocket item when the first crash happened. Upon re-logging I discovered that my 5th Beastial Token was missing, thinking "alright, rollback. I'll just have to hand-in the quest again." However, now no Beastlord quests are in my quest log. Before opening a ticket, I revisited all of the quest givers to ensure that there wasn't something on my side that I could do to correct the issue. Alas, none are offered.

As it stands I am now unable to complete the chain and collect the Beastlord Hunting Guide which is BiS (currently the only pocket item in the game) on my character.

I'm hoping that a dev could reset the quest on my character so that I am able to to redo the quest and collect my 5th Beastial Token in order to get the Beastlord's Hunting Guide.

Character Name: Skrif
Destro to the core.

Ads
Lovings

Re: [Developer Help Required] Broken Quest Chain

Post#2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:16 pm

For clarification:

I'm hoping to have a quest reset for me, I'm not looking for an item recovery.

I'd spoke to [GM] Kaylin after seeing a message posted in /advice last night. I'd had had a ticket open for ~24h and poked him/her about the issue. I logged on now and saw that my original ticket had been read by a different GM. I received the following response:

https://imgur.com/a/BFHHwkl

This is why I am updating this, as I can see that there may be some confusion about the problem at hand.

Thanks again.
Destro to the core.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm

There are only so many generic responses in our ticket system. GM's don't handle replacing items, resetting quests, taxi service to mysterious lands, etc. We will occasionally step in to make sure the server as a whole is progressing in RvR, but most individual character issues are not addressed by the team here.

Your option is to open a bugtracker ticket with details as to how your issue occurred and hopefully, one day in the distant future, a magical dev fairy will tap it with his magic wand and create a patch note.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lovings

Post#4 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm There are only so many generic responses in our ticket system. GM's don't handle replacing items, resetting quests, taxi service to mysterious lands, etc. We will occasionally step in to make sure the server as a whole is progressing in RvR, but most individual character issues are not addressed by the team here.

Your option is to open a bugtracker ticket with details as to how your issue occurred and hopefully, one day in the distant future, a magical dev fairy will tap it with his magic wand and create a patch note.
Hi Wargrimnir, thanks for taking the time to reply.

The server crashed; rolled back the token but not my quest progress. So the server thinks that I have completed the quests and I'm unable to redo it; now I'm bugged (only me) and a server side fix needs to be applied?

I don't understand why a patch note would be made for an issue that only affects 1 person, what am I missing here?
Destro to the core.

kayin

Post#5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Yup i told lovings to drop that note in here as well as bugtracker in hopes a dev would accidentally trip across the post and go oh thats an easy fix. I never got to see the ticket he placed or i would have answered it with more detail and text. Heres hoping for your dev fairy.
And patch note cause it might affect others who didnt say anything or know how to get help.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Are game masters not able to reset quests? Or is it justs discouraged?
-= Agony =-

giammai

Post#7 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 pm

I've the same problem on my pg: no last token and no quests available.
Yesterday I wrote a note on the bugtracker, but I didn't thought about the fact that a restart will have wiped one of my tokens. Monday I took my first one, yesterday my last one, now I've 4/5 token on my backpack. I'm 100% sure that I didn't delete the token by mistake, nor abandoned the quest. So please, are you able to give us a solution?

I need that pocket item because of the build I choose, and I'm really discouraged in redoing my PG and all the quest when -I can read it from other posts- a fix is possible. I'm disposed to wait and redo the entire quest line, but i hope that at the end we will get assistance on that, it's an intense questline and it's rly frustrating to let this unfinished. Thanks for the help!

Character Name: Olari

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:23 pm

We don't replace items, reset quests, or ferry people places. GM's are intended for rule enforcement. If you have bugs, they go on the bugtracker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads