Recent Topics

Ads

problem with ranked scs

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Killiansat
Suspended

problem with ranked scs

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm

i have a problem with solo ranked scs. after i hit 1907mmr with less then 10 games(i think 7-8 coz of 142 triumph medals), i stopped getting any pops... almost 2 days 8+ hours(or so) and i dont get any ranked solo!!! while my mates with 1500-1700 get scs almost by cooldown.
is it a bug? is it a disbalance? pls, something shd be done!

p.s. also when i get 5v6 sc and it ends at the beginning, i get another auto q... but the log table from the previous sc stays on the screen and cannot be closed. even reloadui doesnt help. the only way to get rid of it is relog. it blocks the screen.
Papanya - WL 75+ (off)
Fraktal - AM 82+
Dedotmoroz - SL 80+
Moralist - BW 85+
Skreamer - WH 80+
Ithappens - SORC 85+
Amoralis - ZEAL =(

Ads
Killiansat
Suspended

Re: problem with ranked scs

Post#2 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:30 pm

3-rd long day and 0 ranked solo scs. algorithm doesnt work for me.
Papanya - WL 75+ (off)
Fraktal - AM 82+
Dedotmoroz - SL 80+
Moralist - BW 85+
Skreamer - WH 80+
Ithappens - SORC 85+
Amoralis - ZEAL =(

Teefz

Post#3 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Wrote this in the patch notes, but will leave it here as well.

Waiting in que for 90min without a single pop. Despite of 40+ ppl q'ing (both mdps+rdps) and a lot of games kept starting. Think at least 15+ games were running over the course of the 90min.

Match making algorithm definately improved the poprate from the first hotfix, but it's going to be almost impossible to complete 60 games at this rate.

And before anyone says: "Just lose a few games to drop mmr" - That idea doesn't really work, when it seems like you are not even considered into the match making algorithm due to high mmr (no pops = no loss/wins = stalemate) Also, what kind of faulty ladder system actually requires the players to lose, in order to be eligble for participation? It seems the algorithm needs a bit more tweaking.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:08 pm

The MMR system was recently tweaked - again. The current bracket size looks for players between a 325* bracket of MMR, and pairs them according to the 2/2/2 with 1rdps 1mdps prio, then moves to 2/2/2 with 2mdps or 2rdps.

The devs are looking at the volatility of initial games and how they can effect future pairings, for example, if you won 10 games initially and your MMR shot you up to the top of the ratings, although it looks good having Rank 1 / Rank 2, the queue times are pretty nasty. Again, this is something the team are aware of.

With 3-4 tweaks within a week, you can appreciate they're actively reviewing and working on the system. This is the first season and there's a lot of response from the community, positive and negative, which is being collected and reviewed as it comes in.

The 325* bracket is something that can be changed pretty easily - however this being said, if the bracket becomes too large, with a small playerbase, the idea of MMR providing competitive matches becomes distant as players will be getting consistant queues, regarding of standing on the leadboards.

This comes from a conversation that was had publically on the official Discord - nothing here should be 'news' to anyone. The development team working on the system are acknowledging the issues at hand and are proactively working to create a balanced, yet competitive environment for everyone in the Ranked scene - it'll take some time though.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Killiansat
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm

is it possible to lower my mmr so i can get ranked scs?
though i cant force myself to loose. instincts ignore this action. is it possible to make a ... scroll that lowers ur mmr?

hahahahhaaa!!! i m not even in rating.. the 1st place is 1836 mmr... i shd be in 0 or -1 place =))))))
Papanya - WL 75+ (off)
Fraktal - AM 82+
Dedotmoroz - SL 80+
Moralist - BW 85+
Skreamer - WH 80+
Ithappens - SORC 85+
Amoralis - ZEAL =(