Recent Topics

Ads

Guild name issue after a long time being inactive

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Huurl

Guild name issue after a long time being inactive

Post#1 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Hello there,

we are a bunch of french players coming back to the game after a long time. We were surprised do discover that our guild name turned into "LNMdeplicated" while it was just "LNM".
I set a bug report about that matter here : https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16683
Kaelang who took time to answer wrote that he can't help us retrive our old name but may be some GM could. (if I understood right as english is not my mothertongue)
I don't know nothing about programming and game ingeneriing but we are very proud and attached to our guild name that rooted back to DAOC. So I am begging for help about it. We just would like to have it back as it was "LNM".
If this unfortunately impossible, please let us know so we would create a new guild with the right name.
Thanks you for your attention and your time.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Guild name issue after a long time being inactive

Post#2 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Spoke with the team, there's no means to reclaim old Guild Names at this time. Trying to identify why the name change occurred in the first place via the Bug Report.

My current suggestion is to look to re-establish the Guild under a new name - best of luck.
Last edited by Kaelang on Fri May 15, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Wam

Post#3 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Haven't seen that name in many years, welcome back and good luck fixing your bug

Server has changed alot since then, and there was wipes of inactive
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Huurl

Post#4 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm Spoke with the team, there's no means to reclaim old Guild Names at this time. Trying to identify why the name change occurred in the first place via the Bug Report.

My current suggestion is to look to re-establish the Guild under a new name - best of luck.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Again thank you for your time.

Wuhh

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm

guild renaming is possible. I had a former staff member do it for me, twice, took them minutes.

maybe LNM is taken. but L N M isn't. surely a suitably authorised staff member can do that?

Huurl

Post#6 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:49 am

Wuhh wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm guild renaming is possible. I had a former staff member do it for me, twice, took them minutes.

maybe LNM is taken. but L N M isn't. surely a suitably authorised staff member can do that?
This is a relief and a glimmer of hope... Sure, if "LNM" is taken "L N M" would do just as fine.
Do you remember who was able to help you ?