Recent Topics

Ads

Napalm flagging enemy in pve?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Archaism1013

Napalm flagging enemy in pve?

Post#1 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 pm

AoE abilities flag me for rvr if I am standing in pve area and an enemy runs through my AoE? Is this just a Napalm issue, AoE issue? This has happened to me several times and Napalm seems to be the only AoE that this happens with? Not my Lightning Rod, not my spanner swipe, and not my blunderbuss. Also, why would this happen in PvE? Or what would be the point of PvP flags?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Napalm flagging enemy in pve?

Post#2 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Archaism1013 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 pm AoE abilities flag me for rvr if I am standing in pve area and an enemy runs through my AoE? Is this just a Napalm issue, AoE issue? This has happened to me several times and Napalm seems to be the only AoE that this happens with? Not my Lightning Rod, not my spanner swipe, and not my blunderbuss. Also, why would this happen in PvE? Or what would be the point of PvP flags?
It is likely counting as direct damage on tick, which means someone standing in it is assumed to be hit by direct damage rather than normal aoe damage. It only applies to Napalm because we use a specific command type that is unique to it. Since you're hitting an RvR flagged person with "direct" damage, it flags you up as well. Not intended.

Add it to the bugtracker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog