Recent Topics

Ads

How to play faster

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
LukaVisnjic45

How to play faster

Post#1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:19 pm

It's a kinda new game to me, I'm playing ror for about a year and I'm always clicking my abilities with a mouse, one by one. I notice when watching other ppl streaming the game, they don't even move their mouse over the screen, it looks like they mapped their abilities with keys or something. I know for nerfed buttons but it looks kinda complicated to me. Can u pls recommend some other ways to boost my game speed I kinda feel I'm inferior to other player's speed? Thanks to all the kind ppl in game for taking the time for my previous question and developers for the existence of this game!

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: How to play faster

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Keyboard -> use all the keys you can in comfortable way, you can configure them by going esc -> keymapping.

1-6, ctrl 1-6, alt 1-6, r t f g z x c v b and a mix of those with ctrl, alt and shift, ctrl shift and a key if you're IB or BG player...

Who clicks on their abilities with a mouse? :shock:
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

LukaVisnjic45

Post#3 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:25 pm

I do, unfortunately, I can't do any better, this 1-6 is also uncomfortable for me because then I can't move...

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:35 pm

LukaVisnjic45 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:25 pm I do, unfortunately, I can't do any better, this 1-6 is also uncomfortable for me because then I can't move...
I use QWE S for movement. Q&E for strifing, WS for forward and back, pretty straight forward and it serves me well in shooters and other MMOs. Right above are 1-6 so I can always have one finger on movement key and other hitting ability without straining my hand (main reason I don't use keys above 6).

Ctrl is my main modifier since I can hit it with little finger curled up (and it gives support to my hand when strifing and firing). Alt I use for stances, shift as a modifier for mouse buttons - you don't need 19 keys Razer Naga but having 4-5 mouse buttons helps out a lot.

Best advice I can give you is to go out into pve area and just explore. This gives you time to see what key mappings work for you, what's fast, what's slow without having to worry about other players targeting you or focusing on survival and battlefield awareness.

Keep keybinds you like, modify those you don't and don't be afraid to remap game predetermined keys if the key is conveniently placed right under your thumb (I'm looking at you, V ;) ).
Last edited by NSKaneda on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

LukaVisnjic45

Post#5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:41 pm

"Ctrl is my main modifier since I can hit it with little finger curled up (and it gives support to my hand when strifing and firing). Alt I use for stances, shift as a modifier for mouse buttons - you don't need 19 keys Razer Naga but having 4-5 mouse buttons helps out a lot."

Thanks a lot, ill practice, I just didn't get this, what du u mean by mouse buttons?

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:43 pm

My mouse has 5 buttons - left, right, middle and two on the side. Makes life easier to have detaunt on mouse button ;)

LukaVisnjic45

Post#7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:48 pm

Cool, thanks a lot!

NSKaneda

Post#8 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:49 pm

You're welcome, gud huntin' :)

Ads
lyncher12

Post#9 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm

turn with mouse, use a and d for abilities, use 1-6 and alt 1-6. most simple setup really.

Toshutkidup

Post#10 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:28 pm

I use a Logitech G600 MMO mousse, has 12 buttons on left side so my 1-12 abilities are mapped to that then I also have a Logitech G910 KB, Macro keys G1-G5 are for mounting and Morales 1-3
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup