Recent Topics

Ads

Dissolving mist out of thin air

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Topdude

Dissolving mist out of thin air

Post#1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 pm

I've noticed for quite some time now that I can be running around RvR and all of a sudden a Magus pink cloud of dissolving mist drops on me and starts to do damage. Most of the time there's no destro let alone a Magus around. The latest instance was just now in Eataine. Destro had been pushed off SOD BO, order taking it. As I walked across the dip onto the BO, BAM, covered in pink mist and taking damage. I looked around, tab targeted, no enemy in sight, no pet, nothing.

Has anyone else noticed this or has this already been discussed?
If so please link the thread.

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Dissolving mist out of thin air

Post#2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 pm

Nothing as egregious as what you describe. I have, however, seen it happen where there looked like there was no Magus about but there could have been at some point so I tended to chalk it up to me just not noticing.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Crouching goblin, hidden Magus
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

VindicoAtrum

Post#4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Graphics settings. Low settings don't show it until you walk into it when it blows over your character. It was there all along (lasts 30 seconds, can be long after the magus has left).

/thread

Martok

Post#5 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 pm

Its Tect...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Topdude

Post#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:38 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:15 pm Graphics settings. Low settings don't show it until you walk into it when it blows over your character. It was there all along (lasts 30 seconds, can be long after the magus has left).

/thread
If it's only the result of graphics settings why does the damage not start in real time? Guess I should be glad as the damage usually starts long after the intense battle has ended.