Recent Topics

Ads

Out-of-party protection

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
tristess

Out-of-party protection

Post#1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 am

Following up on an earlier question about Hold The Line! I did an experiment. I followed around a warband (but not being part of it) and on every engagement, I did nothing but Hold The Line!. I saw that the warband members got buffed, i.e. they had the green tint when I used HTL, but I did not get any renown from the kills. There were also big engagements against other warbands, so I doubt that the statistics were so unfavorable that I never protected anyone from damage.

What I was expecting is that I would get some renown based on my contribution according to the protection that I provide. Much like a healer that heals non-party members is rewarded for his contribution.

Can someone confirm that there is no contribution to kills when providing out-of-party or out-of-warband protection?
Tristess Sterntaenzer - mother of the dancing star - zealot
Kahzog Rippenbrecher - black orc

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Out-of-party protection

Post#2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:05 am

tristess wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 am Following up on an earlier question about Hold The Line! I did an experiment. I followed around a warband (but not being part of it) and on every engagement, I did nothing but Hold The Line!. I saw that the warband members got buffed, i.e. they had the green tint when I used HTL, but I did not get any renown from the kills. There were also big engagements against other warbands, so I doubt that the statistics were so unfavorable that I never protected anyone from damage.

What I was expecting is that I would get some renown based on my contribution according to the protection that I provide. Much like a healer that heals non-party members is rewarded for his contribution.

Can someone confirm that there is no contribution to kills when providing out-of-party or out-of-warband protection?
You don't get renown for protection, even in a party. You get contribution on zone lock. You get renown for kills and heals contributing to kills.
When you are a tank, get into a group or warband.
Dying is no option.

tristess

Re: Out-of-party protection

Post#3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks for your answer. I agree with your statements.
Tristess Sterntaenzer - mother of the dancing star - zealot
Kahzog Rippenbrecher - black orc