Recent Topics

Ads

Launch Options

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.

Moderators: Developer, Community Management, Management

Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Jazlizard

Launch Options

Post#1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Is there a way to add launch options to the war.exe? I tried the usual shortcut method, but since the game uses the launcher to execute, that method doesn't seem to work.

Ads
Kaelang
Community Management

Re: Launch Options

Post#2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Jazlizard wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm
Is there a way to add launch options to the war.exe? I tried the usual shortcut method, but since the game uses the launcher to execute, that method doesn't seem to work.
By launch options - do you mean directly launching the game rather than the launcher?

If so, probably not as the launcher is required for credentials.
Installation GuideRoR DiscordBugtrackerPersonal Twitch

If you play a Dwarf expect an extended delay in my response to your questions. You deserve it. Ugly.

Jazlizard

Post#3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:27 pm

No I mean adding dx9 launch options such as -dxlevel 95 or trying to force heap sizes or texture quality types. I can do this with a shortcut to the exe, but that won't work due to the launcher. Is there a file where I can pass these arguments along via the launcher perhaps?

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:15 pm

I dont know what you are trying to achieve with that. -dxlevel95 (afaik thats a source engine parameter) wont work with this game, unless you have some tools that inject something (but then you add the parameters on your tool).
its gamebryo engine from ~2007 or something, it doesn't have any launch options available afaik
Helpful links:

RoR under Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos