Recent Topics

Ads

Vale-Walker Set and Beastlord Set

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Caduceus

Re: Vale-Walker Set and Beastlord Set

Post#11 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Much appreciated, and thank you for the quick fix!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Caduceus

Post#12 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Dear devs,

The issue addressed in this topic has been fixed very quickly, and that is greatly appreciated.

However, I am surprised at how many times the Beastlords must be completed to regain the set. Killing the 5 Beastlords yields 2 tokens. To buy all the Beastlord items through tokens requires 20 tokens, for a total of 10 runs.

That seems somewhat disproportionate. It translates into vastly more work than the intial acquiring of the item set.

But what stings is that the people who will do these quests only need the armory unlocks (to unlock Vale-walker, as has been discussed in this thread); something which they should've already had since they owned the set in the past before the pieces yielded armory unlocks. (Had the pieces yielded the corresponding unlocks in the past, they would not be in this situation)

Maybe I am missing something? If not, then can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this choice?

Thanks,

- Caduceus
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Kaelang

Post#13 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:36 pm Dear devs,

The issue addressed in this topic has been fixed very quickly, and that is greatly appreciated.

However, I am surprised at how many times the Beastlords must be completed to regain the set. Killing the 5 Beastlords yields 2 tokens. To buy all the Beastlord items through tokens requires 20 tokens, for a total of 10 runs.

That seems somewhat disproportionate. It translates into vastly more work than the intial acquiring of the item set.

But what stings is that the people who will do these quests only need the armory unlocks (to unlock Vale-walker, as has been discussed in this thread); something which they should've already had since they owned the set in the past before the pieces yielded armory unlocks. (Had the pieces yielded the corresponding unlocks in the past, they would not be in this situation)

Maybe I am missing something? If not, then can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this choice?

Thanks,

- Caduceus
The implementation of this new system was there to support those who had initially lose one or two items max due to a bug. Anyone who fully deleted their set (for whatever reason) will have to work their way back to a full set.

Lesson - don't randomly delete full sets.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.