Recent Topics

Ads

Please return my character names.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
benji821

Please return my character names.

Post#1 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 am

I need this fixed, please. I've been playing RoR since 2014, when there was only T1 available and a bare bones of T1 at that. I've had my characters names, in 7 more days, for 7 years. They've never changed. I wouldn't ever dream of changing them. My account has not once been compromised. They were my badge of honor to have as an original member who has played since the beginning. I log on today to find that my characters names are followed by some random numbering and letters to which I can only speculate someone has given my names changed in the database for whatever reason. In order to log in, I have to create a new name. I've not transferred servers, to where someone else had the name originally and I have to give way to them. Please correct this and return to me my characters names. There should be no reason why my characters names were changed. Not just one, but several. Please, please, please return to me my names.
(You are able to right click the images and open in a new tab)
Image Judgement
Image Infamy
Image Executioner
Image Rampage
Image Patience
Image Corruption
Image Will

Ads
Tillirage

Re: Please return my character names.

Post#2 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 am

Because you were inactive. Devs do this very often because people took the names that they never used. When they do name clean up its usually the accounts/characters that never logged in for atleast a year. Which is reasonable why keep names when you dont even played for year. I am not a dev but I can safely say this. You aint getting none of those names.

Paxsanarion

Post#3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 am

April 2021 Patch Changes:
As of the patch that was released on the 28th of April 2021, a new automation system has been implemented that allows the release of inactive characters' names. This new system will check and refresh on the spot all the character names that have been released. So if the name you're seeking wasn't released yet, you can check every few days or months!

benji821

Post#4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Non of my other characters which I haven't touched longer than my main characters have not had their names released? Only a select few. My account hadn't been inactive as I had gotten on. The characters who I haven't touched in years haven't had their names released. So why, pray tell, are only my higher level characters and the more active ones having their names released and not the ones I legitimately haven't touched in years? It doesn't make sense.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:21 pm

benji821 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:13 pm Non of my other characters which I haven't touched longer than my main characters have not had their names released? Only a select few.
After 365 days of character inactivity, the name becomes illegible to be taken by other players. These players don't know that the released name is now available, it just happens that while creating a new character they write the name and it gets transferred. The rest of your characters might be inactive for well over a year but their names weren't yet picked by anyone, which explains while some of them lost their names and some of them haven't. The names don't instantly get wiped, they only get released and ready to be picked up with a 'first-come first-served' system.