Recent Topics

Ads

Bug with character name

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
alayah

Bug with character name

Post#1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:34 am

The name is invalid or duplicate. Character name: Xenophob, please help with this, since I see no reason for this name to be offensive, and it was an original one.

Ads
normanis

Re: Bug with character name

Post#2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:46 am

at 40/40 u can change name. per month
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

alayah

Post#3 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:55 am

Well, I don't want to, I just want my character's original name back.

Barboo

Post#4 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:09 am

Maybe it is in the guidlines/rules ? I mean the name is by definition offensive.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 am

Hey there,

so it could be a few things why do you don't own this name anymore:

- As other players wrote, maybe the name was too offensive, in this case you can also PM a GM on the RoR discord (link in my signature).

- did you play your character lately? There was a change:
Names of characters that have not been logged in for more than one year are now free to use. The old inactive character will be automatically renamed and its owner can pick a new name on next login. The newly implemented automation will keep releasing new names, from inactive characters, for you to use.

btw... (maybe interesting for other people too) the .namechange command is currently not really available due to a issue in our time/date system, so it can't work.
The Devs are aware of it.

alayah

Post#6 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:29 am

In a game, where some of the first quests for chaos side, is killing peasants, burning houses and robbing graves name Xenophob is offensive?) I thought I am playing Waaaaghhhh not kindergarten. Seriously what is offensive about this name? And I didn't get any warnings about that in notifications. I think somebody just used my name for himself. As this is my main char I'm playing it constantly, I'll check GM Discord thought, thnx for the idea.

alayah

Post#7 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:48 am

Well, it turned out that this name really was offensive, I changed it to Rainbowpony, I hope this one no one will find offending, as about synergy with warhammer universe, don't mention it. Cya in-game guys.