[OUTDATED]Changes from Live: Careers

You are expected to have read and understood the rules and guidelines and behave accordingly.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Vayra

Re: Intentional Changes From Live

Post#131 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:06 am

A change I would like to see is the reversal of the DoK changes made shortly after the rr100 patch (turning one life-tap to a direct AP cost heal, etc).
TherealVayra - Sorc (cause someone stole my name)
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Tiggo
Game Master

Post#132 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

btw. im not sure this is the right topic for suggestions ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Vayra

Post#133 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am

Tiggo wrote:btw. im not sure this is the right topic for suggestions ^^

Probably not, I'll write up a post about it when the balance forums are up and running.
TherealVayra - Sorc (cause someone stole my name)
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Thifall

Post#134 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:21 pm

So i have a question about auras, do you consider making chosen/kotbs auras "twistable" like on live? or this is rather not going to happen?

Sigimund

Post#135 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Thifall wrote:So i have a question about auras, do you consider making chosen/kotbs auras "twistable" like on live? or this is rather not going to happen?

What would be the point?

Thifall

Post#136 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:26 pm

In certain situations you might want to twist different auras for a while. And it was easier and faster with solution from live. Currently you are "bound" to pre-set auras. ofc you can change them, but it takes some time, and then you repeat to come back to your original setup. With original twisting mechanics, you were able to achieve this effect very fluently without few sec of 2 aura active peroid.

Also, chosen/kotbs which aren't the most demanding classes would actually need to think about what you're doing. Which could increase value of really good player.

Azarael
Inactive

Post#137 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 pm

The only way Chosen and KotBS are going to become demanding classes is if the aura mechanic as-is is gutted and replaced with a whole new set of active skills requiring thought to use.

This, combined with the reason for the change to no-twist being because Twister and macros were used to automate the mechanic anyway, is why I'm not interested in looking at the aura mechanic in any way.
I am no longer a member of this project. Please do not message me for technical assistance.

Thifall

Post#138 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 pm

should nerfed button be prohibitted aswell then?

btw twister was able to twist only 3 auras right? so it was useless pretty much ( for me at least )

Luth

Post#139 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Aura twisting wasn't implemented because the devs decided to forbid it, it wasn't implemented because it's a pointless mechanic and only mouse/keyboard vendors profit from it.

Thifall

Post#140 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:14 pm

i didn't not find it pointless. But not gonna argue, since got no knowledge if insides

Return to “Rules, Guidelines and Server Information”