Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#51 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Good stuff!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Martok

Post#52 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 am

It isn't often I get to run with a premade group, but earlier tonight I was invited to join in just such. It was fun, to say the least. In addition having played a Shadow Warrior on live I have some insight into the class. In context of this game a good Shadow Warrior player is a thing of beauty, and Dansarann is one of the best SW players I have seen since Zeromancer. The other members of the group were no slouches either, and it was a pleasure to run with them. The best part of this video follows the scenario, when we go to the keep and forcefully insert ourselves like a giant thorn in Destro's side. As always, thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Martok

Post#53 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:52 am

Following an all-day seige of KV, I decided to run one last scenario for the day. It went by so fast I stuck around for one more. Order had their act together, and both sc's melded into about a seven minute trip. Note to those who may see this and be new to the game. This is what you grind for.

Martok

Post#54 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 am

With the PUG SC finally changing I thought I would record my first battle in it. The result could probably best be described as how to lose an SC. However later I did manage to get into a couple of good fights I considered worth a look. As for the scenario chat, well, after reading it I didn't feel quite so bad for my earlier outburst during the proceeding struggle in Thunder Mountain. Crummy Squig Herders, enough to make anyone's blood boil. As always thanks for watching.

Martok

Post#55 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 am

Contest time, see below.

Following an abortive attempt to take our keep we encounter the Forces of Destruction in and around the Shrine of Time. Some noted Order players are present, including Tiapanic, Sybella, Arthur, Nimeria, Zaxxond, Avocetti, and Thorbolt. Chinesehero fights with his usual flair, only this time he doesn't die in the effort. Good fight all around, with a second video from the same campaign captured outside of the Destruction Keep to follow soon.

The first Order player who can PM me with the correct source for the quote used as the title for this video, and who said it, will receive ten gold via mail from yours truly. I would include Destruction players in this except that my son's Black Guard is dirt poor and can't afford to shell out ten gold. Hint, it isn't the P J Harvey song.

As always thanks for watching.

Martok

Post#56 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Continuation of the protracted struggle last night in the Chaos Waste. The initial portion of the video is just a group of us taking a BO, but the fight which followed was atypical of Order's standard zone taking methodology. Kudos to all concerned on both sides.

Martok

Post#57 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 pm

A good, balanced fight in the Talabec Dam scenario. Particularly enjoyed this one:

Martok

Post#58 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:35 am

This video is a bit long but captures my adventures in Warband leading. No disrespect to Avo or any other player who leads warbands, but my philosophy is a bit different. I don't care much for taking and holding BO's, or Keep takes for that matter. My emphasis is on finding and fighting Destro. During this run we accomplish that quite often, leading to one of the more unique fights I have ever been in. Our obsession with clearing out that particular pre-made may be questioned, as even some on our side called it stupid. But to their credit the other members of the Warband just didn't want to give it up until we had removed the squatters. Oh, and running up on the Witch Elf toward the end was particularly satisfying. The chat logs are worth reading as well.

Fun times. In addition I have another segment from earlier in the campaign which I will post tomorrow.

Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Martok

Post#59 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Respects to the community at large and wishing all who watch this well.

For the record I do not record every minute of my game play. However it is also true I do not post every video I record. This one I originally did not intend to post, but after consideration in regard to my fellow players I changed my mind. The action is in Kadrin Valley, and begins just after the forces of Destruction had broken through the inner door of the Order keep. And as is often the circumstance in that region regardless of who is attacking, there the dream dies. An old adage exist from Live which mandates "screen-shot or it didn't happen." Well, this is my version of a screen-shot. Although the brief fight which begins about the seven minute mark I did particularly enjoy.

In addition as I have stated prior my primary purpose in posting these videos is promotion of the game and those who play it. I try to avoid the appearance of self-promotion, as that is not my intent. But every now and then something happens in game which...well...kind of warrants it. Therefore, speaking of screen-shots:

Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#60 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:50 am

I am posting this video for three reasons. One, for Aurthur Arnbitter. He will understand. Two, earlier today during an SC I was accused by a Destruction player of never airing any videos of a Destruction win. That isn't true, but in the spirit of equality the player in question should view this. Three, the trip to Doomstriker Vein was...unique. Talk about leading your Warband straight over a cliff...

Last edited by Martok on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.