Recent Topics

Ads

The quaint adventures of a bored but curious Zealot - Butcher's Pass

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bosli

The quaint adventures of a bored but curious Zealot - Butcher's Pass

Post#1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Unexplored corners of Warhammer. Never before seen spikey hills and mountains. If you believe hard enough, walls don't exist.
This is a series where I basically go to places not intended to be reached.
No cheats or punts were used.

Today's zone: Butcher's Pass
  • The Orcs' fortress is built in a valley surrounded by massive, steep mountains. In the west corner, we see the outlines of one of the massive Dwarven statues, but the palisade is blocking my way efficiently.
    Spoiler:
  • On the east side, another statue. It seems like the Orcs wanted to make sure nobody gets in, because there is another palisade placed neatly at the corner, preventing me from getting around the wall.
    Spoiler:
  • Luckily I dumped enough points into speechcraft, so they just let me in after a persuasion check. From the top of the fortress, we can see the massive entrance to the city.
    Spoiler:
  • The Orcs must have thought that their fortress is impenetrable, because once we are behind the first wall, we can just get on top of the back wall.
    Spoiler:
  • After jumping down, we can just walk over to the gate! Here's a closer look. The foggy pit looks too dangerous to climb down, and I don't think I even want to know what could be down there.
    Spoiler:
  • But that was too easy. I want to get behind that door, like in Shining Way. On the right hand side, we can see some interesting structures behind the portal to The Maw. I'll get back to that later on.
    Spoiler:
  • Close to the portal to Fell Landing, I accidentally walked into a boulder. Inside, the ground fell apart. Maybe I shouldn't have tried those mushrooms I found nearby.
    Spoiler:
  • Sadly the mushroom's effect faded before I could use it to actually get somewhere. The mountains all around have enough edges, that I could maybe find a spot to climb up, but first let's check out the side area east of the fortress. We can get a pretty big altitude advantage, but from up here the mountain's edges don't look very safe anymore to use to get all the way to the back.
    Spoiler:
  • There's also something like a camp up here. I managed to get over the walls, but I couldn't find anybody inside. There's three huts, one used as skull storage, one with more mushrooms and other interesting ingredients, and one of the Orks' famous forges. Yes, that is a living, tied up dwarf used to add weight to the anvil mechanism. I wonder who feeds him.
    Spoiler:
  • It seems like I can't get up the mountain here neither. There has to be something else... something like... a bridge, leading almost to the top of the mountain? Oh well, I guess you just have to find the right spot.
    Spoiler:
  • Now I'm on top of the mountain, and nothing can stop me anymore. The walls, planes and canyons are mine.
    Spoiler:
  • Closer to the gate, we find those familiar, spikey hills again that try to get you stuck on every step.
    Spoiler:
  • The goal is in sight, but it's a very deep fall. Most adventurers wouldn't survive this, but thanks to me having mastered the power of self-resurrection, it's not much of a problem.
    Spoiler:
  • And here we are, right behind the gate to the Orc city!!
    Spoiler:
  • Actually, those huge, impossibly steep walls aren't all that impossible to climb. I managed to just walk up on the other side. So, maybe you already forgot about it, but here's the view from the top of that hill behind the portal to The Maw! Nothing up here though.
    Spoiler:
Well, this one took a few more screenshots to show you most of the interesting stuff, and I even left out smaller stuff. If you want to see those, or even find some things that I might have missed, go check it out yourself! I won't give detailed directions, but here's a small tip: it's probably a lot more difficult to do this for Order than it is for Destruction!

The next adventure will feature a special zone, with things that probably almost nobody ever saw before (except some of the Devs)!

Ads