Recent Topics

Ads

Transgenders Chaos Mutations.

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gobtar

Re: Transgenders Chaos Mutations.

Post#11 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

bwdaWAR wrote:
Gobtar wrote:Morathi's pleasure cults have been put to an end by lord Malekith's decree. That is all I will say on the matter...
It's Morathi who tells Malekith what to do, not the other way around.
Yes and no...They both play each other, but ultimately Malekith is playing Morathi more. Malekith has a very strong sense of Father-worship and ultimately does what is best for himself first and his people second (though he believes that he knows what's best for his people). After the Sundering he made it known that Slaanesh cults aren't tolerated. Pleasure cults were quickly culled, and Morathi was given strong hints, that further incidents would have greater consequences. I believe in the end-time Morathi calls on Slaanesh again to aid in the invasion of Ulthuan, but IIRC this was outside of the Witch King's knowledge and caused further problems.

Morathi also only cares about Malekith in as much as it's her best shot at power, this has served her well, it's also why she has a hard on for Tyrion, in a really disturbing way. Morathi doesn't actually care about anything other than herself, and her own lust for power.

Morathi is the ultimate user, she never actually prostrates herself to gods just accepts whatever gifts are sent her way. This is one of many reasons why Hellebron and Morathi have always been at odds (among MANY other reasons). Malekith is no fool, he knows what his mother is, and tolerates it, however the fact that she is his mother only goes so far, and even she is very careful what games she tries to play with the King of Chill.

On a side note, All sorcs had to be wed first and foremost to Malekith, I wonder if the same needs to be true for Male Sorcs in RoR.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:17 pm

few things i want to comment on

When you said his people according to End times khaine novel druchii are not his people they are just tools rather he considers asur his people their is a scene in the novel when he is seiging ulthan and he while indifferent to the losses in his forces cannot understand the high elves stubbornness and laments their deaths

morathi just wants tyrion cause few screw she had left finally came lose and thought he was Aenarion reborn

seriously what is it with trying to make DE keep it in the family malus darkblade novels had step brothers and step sisters liking and doing it with each other

the elven gods wanted malekith to do it with his half sister

morathi wanted to do it with her nephew :?

The funniest thing about the moranthi, helebron rivalry is the fact that all of it generated from moranthi not granting her, her favor and therby shaming her and the reason for it was revealed was because moranti was jealous of her beauty

Begin "wed" to malekith means basically nothing DE woman do what DE woman do and have multiple partners and what not

male sorcs were proably not wed and lore in tome indicates they will be all killed after the war is over

Gobtar

Post#13 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:46 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:few things i want to comment on

When you said his people according to End times khaine novel druchii are not his people they are just tools rather he considers asur his people their is a scene in the novel when he is seiging ulthan and he while indifferent to the losses in his forces cannot understand the high elves stubbornness and laments their deaths

morathi just wants tyrion cause few screw she had left finally came lose and thought he was Aenarion reborn

seriously what is it with trying to make DE keep it in the family malus darkblade novels had step brothers and step sisters liking and doing it with each other

the elven gods wanted malekith to do it with his half sister

morathi wanted to do it with her nephew :?

The funniest thing about the moranthi, helebron rivalry is the fact that all of it generated from moranthi not granting her, her favor and therby shaming her and the reason for it was revealed was because moranti was jealous of her beauty

Begin "wed" to malekith means basically nothing DE woman do what DE woman do and have multiple partners and what not

male sorcs were proably not wed and lore in tome indicates they will be all killed after the war is over
Yeah a bunch of good points, you are definitely right on the rivalry caused by Morathi, but also Morathi doesn't drink the Khaine kool-aid like Hellebron (age old Poser vs. Fan)
I look at the Dark Elves and think "Rome", Malekith believes he is the rightful ruler of all elves, and everything is expendable to achieve this goal. He is Machiavellian to a Tee...which is funny cause many of the Dark Elf lines in the game are direct Quotes from "The Prince". Not a big fan of the Khaine Novel to be honest, a lot of the End times novels didn't properly portray their charcters. Malekith has always been shown as a tyrant with the absolute will to dominate.

Though the Druchii are still his people, I can see what the author was trying to portray. The Druchii are a direct representation of everything Malekith is, while the High elves mirror what Malekith was and wishes he still was. It's much easier to mourn the destruction of something beautiful and loving than it is something twisted and sinister. The Dark Elves are also a very grim reminder of his own failings, his foiled plans, his banishment, the descent into malice, and years of seething in anger.

It's the lust for power that is reflected in Malekith; to desire what you don't possess, rather than appreciate what you do.

Honestly, the end-times keep being brought up, and so many greater, richer novels get ignored, years of lore shouldn't be superseded by mediocre story-telling, that's my opinion anyway.

bwdaWAR

Post#14 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Gobtar wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:few things i want to comment on...
Yeah a bunch of good points...
It might be better to treat the pre-End Times lore and End Times lore somewhat seperately. TET is a pretty clear franchise retcon/reboot, as you can see that they threw the many old policies and bits of fluff out and took a completely different direction than previously, including the affairs of the dark and high elves. It's practically kind of an alternate reality compared to previous lore, as is the case with all retcons/reboots. Probably the reason it isn't exactly popular... older fans usually aren't very fond of those.

Gobtar

Post#15 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 pm

bwdaWAR wrote:
Gobtar wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:few things i want to comment on...
Yeah a bunch of good points...
It might be better to treat the pre-End Times lore and End Times lore somewhat seperately. TET is a pretty clear franchise retcon/reboot, as you can see that they threw the many old policies and bits of fluff out and took a completely different direction than previously, including the affairs of the dark and high elves. It's practically kind of an alternate reality compared to previous lore, as is the case with all retcons/reboots. Probably the reason it isn't exactly popular... older fans usually aren't very fond of those.
I agree with this statement, as WAR was created with 6th and 7th lore, I would like to keep the lore aspects of the game related to this time period. .

Richardwarhawk

Post#16 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Nightmares