Recent Topics

Ads

5ft distance?

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
davispeed
Game Artist

5ft distance?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Alright, I have that in mind since couple of days now and im finally posting in here to have some "clear idea" about it. Crippling Blow is 5ft range but from my point of view its seems more thant 5ft. You can see clearly that there is no lag on my part or from the KOTBS(and zerg behind him); The distance between us seems always the same wich lead my to the no lag option. Maybe my distance knowledge is crap or maybe im smissing something here. You tell me.

*Someone with the right knowledge plz enlighten me here, Thx in advance!

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/Threadba ... iveKatydid
]

Ads
Tesq

Re: 5ft distance?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 pm

You dont know how many times i get snare from morw than double the distance i can snare others or hiw some times ppl are 10 feet away than where i see em server side xD

Gotta be patient

Smellybelly

Post#3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 pm

This is all due to how the original coding was done or rather how poorly, server believes player Y is at a certain location and player X at another. If you sit next to eachother you will quickly realise that you have very different views of whats going on. You might be slightly ahead on your screen while riding and from your friends point of view, he will be ahead. Same when you fight, you may think your at his back while on his screen your not. Its even somewhat like that on SWTOR where the warhammer live combat team went. So it basically comes down to poor coding and the very natural lag phenomena where our computers need to communicate first with the server and then the server needs to send all information back to each player, if its not top notch then sometimes a bit of positional lag happens.

Martok

Post#4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Appears to be lag to me. Run the video backwards. You can see that Rilik makes his final approach, comes into view, from a different angle than that first established when you rotate the camera and sight behind you.

I see this a lot, and there are numerous examples to be seen in the videos I post of how server lag presents itself over time. Enemy characters appear to be either right next to you or out of range when indeed neither are true. To me that accounts for how Rilik appears to close the distance between you so quickly, in that he wasn't as far behind as initially indicated.

As an example follow the link below and click on the video entitled "Mortal Combat." Advance to the 3:35 second mark and watch how that fight initially progresses. You can see my target appears to be right next to me yet the server is telling me he is out of range. For an example more in line with your experience go back one page and click on the video entitled "Basic Training." Advance to the seven minute mark and watch how that battle opens. The WE appears to be well out of five foot range, yet still is able to land her initial attack.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=18705&start=190
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Darks63

Post#5 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 am

Thj rubber arms change from live is still in the code no surprise there. Before that change melee had a hell of a time doing anything to ranged.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:21 am

yea, it really depends where in the world you play from. I notice it all the time, getting KDd from a tank that on my screen is 20ft+ away. I take comfort in knowing it goes both ways.

You also can get the amazing experience of clicking on an ability, experiencing a GcD, but nothing happening.

And I have noticed brutal lag spikes occasionally from what I consider "too many SHs" targeting me with their pets.

Even so, it's still better than a lot of the Live servers...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#7 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 am

One time I lagged and alt tabbed, it glitched so hard that every object in the game completely disappeared except npcs, players and the ground. I could walk through walls and keeps with impunity. Just remember this game was created over a decade ago.

rmpl

Post#8 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:56 am

NA players in a nutshell

Ads
DokB

Post#9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:16 am

I ping to the server at about 450ms in Australia. 400 on a good day.
It's an abstract kind of hell.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

anarchypark

Post#10 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 pm This is all due to how the original coding was done or rather how poorly, server believes player Y is at a certain location and player X at another. If you sit next to eachother you will quickly realise that you have very different views of whats going on. You might be slightly ahead on your screen while riding and from your friends point of view, he will be ahead. Same when you fight, you may think your at his back while on his screen your not. Its even somewhat like that on SWTOR where the warhammer live combat team went. So it basically comes down to poor coding and the very natural lag phenomena where our computers need to communicate first with the server and then the server needs to send all information back to each player, if its not top notch then sometimes a bit of positional lag happens.
poor coding?
It's actually some kind of trick for reducing distance from each other.
i know nothing but i assume it's high tech.
very core of every internet game.
that's how we 300-400ping players play with 30pings in this server.
other official games are unplayable in 300ping.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)