Recent Topics

Ads

WiP Career Builder Update

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ramasee

Re: WiP Career Builder Update

Post#41 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:04 am

That addon pulls the information directly from the game client, which gets it from the game server.

Yes I calculate the entire thing manually, for each ability. I have this for the careers I play already. It is a lot of hitting things. With my discussions with Natherul, it is actually faster for me to do it manually and FAR more understandable to a non-coder. Thankfully Natherul gave me an anti-crit item on the test server that makes that process much faster (I can hit the training dummies and not crit) for the careers I do not have.

Ads
Kurama

Post#42 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 am

When the rest of the destro classes? Almost all order classes done. Order biased?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Xergon

Post#43 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 am

Kurama wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 am When the rest of the destro classes? Almost all order classes done. Order biased?

Feel free to join and do it, its a lot manual work. Most ppl doing work on it are order main players so thats why.

I will probably do update for Chosen because its the only 40 toon on destro that i have atm.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ramasee

Post#44 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:58 am

Kurama wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 am When the rest of the destro classes? Almost all order classes done. Order biased?
One, yes I am a little order-biased on RoR. I did the classes that I had at r40 first; and I had help as seen by the contributors list who all did classes they had at r40. It took me a bit to get dev/tester access so I could start on the other classes which is why Black Orc was finished today; I fixed squig herder yesterday. I'm currently working on Magus, except I'm spending time dealing with your **** post right now.

Two, I'm not a developer of this game. I have a limited amount of free time to do tasks, and if you haven't noticed I do a few of them around here. Also, it is the same with the developers. They do this in their free time.

Three, the code IS PUBLIC. You are more than welcome to pick up a class and do the manual input just as others have done. I cannot help it that more helpful players are on order. https://github.com/Ramasee/ror-career-b ... /abilities

Four, You might notice that the few destro classes that have been completed for phase 1 are also almost completed for phase 2 unlike most order classes.

siflisk

Post#45 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:02 am

Question about the formulas that are given for SW:

Rank = ability rank
Bal = balistics skill
Dps = weapon dps?

I always thought that weapon dps and skill dps were treated the same on abilities. It's interesting that it looks like they have different scaling on a lot of abilities.

For example: grim slash giving 1.8 dps for weapon dps and the standard 1.5 dps for skill dps

How does toughness work with that disparity?

Ramasee

Post#46 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:11 am

Toughness always subtracts from str, bal, int and can be negative in RoR.

Weapon dps is *usually* treated the same not always. STR/BAL/INT/WIL modifiers are *usually* 0.2 (or /5) per 1s cast time (counting the GCD as 1.5s cast). But not always.

Yes Rank equals ability rank.

DPS equals your dps from weapons. MH is 100%; OH is 45%. This is noted in each path for the shadow warrior

Ramasee

Post#47 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 am

Feel free to join and do it, its a lot manual work. Most ppl doing work on it are order main players so thats why.

I will probably do update for Chosen because its the only 40 toon on destro that i have atm.
You working on chosen, Xergon? Its next on my list and I'll go to shaman if you are getting chosen.

Xergon

Post#48 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Ramasee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 am
Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 am

You working on chosen, Xergon? Its next on my list and I'll go to shaman if you are getting chosen.

Ye, i will do it, just w/o dmg formulas, base stats for 40.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Ramasee

Post#49 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm

I only expect phase 1; (but it is most of the coding work for it lol), phase 2 and 4 will likely be entirely me.

Ramasee

Post#50 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Updated for this morning's patch. Finished shaman and uploaded. (A few others over time, that I havent directly posted, just editted the OP). We only have 4 classes to go to get all of them done for phase 1!