This is a series where I basically go to places not intended to be reached.
No cheats or punts were used.
Today's zone: Winds of Chaos
The Winds of Chaos is a special zone that can be reached with a portal in The Inevitable City floating on some rocks behind the Arena. It hasn't been implemented in RoR until a while back.
Before, the way was blocked by an invisible wall and if you managed to get around it (which of course I managed to do) the portal destination wasn't set.
- There's the mountaintop with Empire and Dark Elf ships stuck in the air,
- the small island with a sandcastle,
- the tiny Empire castle all with walls, houses and windmills,
- an ice prison with a friend watching a duel,
- as well as the Moon, which some of the naughty players might be familiar with.
But if you saw my other adventures, I'm not satisfied with that. Time to boundary break!
As you could probably guess, all these zones are actually on one map. So once we break free, we can visit anything we want.
To finish up the post, here are some general informations that didn't really need screenshots.
- If you die and release inside the Winds of Chaos, you just respawn at where you died, since there is no respawn point set.
- The few water parts (island, below flying ships, river at Camelot) just teleport you up from floor to water surface when entering, and you fall down when swimming outside.
- At the map borders, if you turn the camera outside, the color correction / chromatic aberration / gamma changes, and the character looks kind of fuzzy-gray.
- Like the moon, also the "stars" skybox can be seen from many spots of the map that don't have an individual skybox set.
- The Camelot area has invisible walls surrounding it. From outside, I could get in by walking in the castle wall where it didn't have collision yet (map border).
The portal leads to dead-center of the Apex in the Inevitable City, right inside the fire beam, by the way.
- Trying to jump off the map, you get instantly teleported to the Rally Master close to the Apex, with the chat message:
"The Winds of Change blow strongly in uncharted territory, and have transported you back to your capital."
This message does not pop for the regular "timeout" after about half a minute, which it actually did on live if I remember correclty.
- Beside Camelot and the ice prison, the other areas can easily be exited and entered (except that you can't get back up on the flying ships).
- There's an "absolute black" as well as "absolute red" floor textured area between the portal destinations, which could be used for the background of screenshots.
They can actually be seen by just walking in one direction and checking the minimap, sometimes you can even reach them within the normal time limit without boundary-breaking.
Hope you enjoyed this one, took more time than I thought to order all the screenshots!
Next adventure will take some time, and I'm not set on which zone to do next!