Recent Topics

Ads

[Volgograd] WL and AM are OP !

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Eathisword

Re: [Volgograd] Yes, yes, I am a pugger

Post#211 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Spoiler:
flatfoot1987 wrote:I like your vids a lot, been keeping an eye on it, probably best vids ever made on RoR. Built my IB around your tips. Obviously I'm a lot lower renown rank than you are, but I mostly got more or less similar stats except for parry - mine is damn low even with 20 rr pts spent there. Armor is only around 4k also.

I usually manage to stay alive for some time in 1vX situations but the damage feels too low to actually kill anyone during that window.

Been using Earthsplit for a while but recently got my hands on 2h Subjugator hammer. Not sure if it's worth using but for some reason it feels that it procs more often than Earthsplit even with a lower proc chance.

Also, you got any tips vs Witch Elves? Having a ton of toughness seems to have zero effect. I watch my combat log and it usually says I've mitigated like ~25% of AW spam damage.
Well thanks for the compliment. Dani's Epic video Montage are the best videos though :p That said, for WE, well. It depends. The ones you specifically named are RR80 and RR72. You are sub RR40. So of course, you are in a very bad spot. To beat full parry WE like Krima, you need 10% parry strike-through from gear or more (Only times i beat him in duel was with 13%) and max parry for yourself. That means, full renown, Skaven 3% parry ring, Strife+torment for 4% parry more and 3% parry genesis ring (possibly 5% parry from full anni or 6p beastlord).

Outside of duel, in RvR, the way to scare them out, is to live past 9s bypass armor and 10s Resolute defense. To do it, you need double heal potion (the 3800 over 18s + a 1100 renown pot is what i use) + Grumble n Mutter rolling. Then spam the **** of Kneecapper to get their crit very low. AW hurts when it crit. When it doesn'T, its noodle fluff comfortable. So aim for a sub 10% chance to be crit your self and reduce their chance to crit as much as possible. With some luck, a couple of their AW will not crit and you can win. Keep Stubborn as Stone up to mitigate some bits of Witch Brew and then close your eyes and pray :lol:

Alternatively, if they don't pop Resolute defense, you can punt/root them and kite a bit for the duration of Feinted Positioning, then its generally cake to win.

Its not perfectly played by me or by them, but the first 5 fights of this vid are against respectively, Ais, Tareni, Nicelook, Takhyx and Krima. Hope it can help you out. Cheers mate !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
flatfoot1987

Post#212 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:55 pm

The fun part is that I beat some of these, cough, mentioned WEs with my lowbie WH because he got near BiS T3 gear and he's obviously bolstered to stratosphere with that. Sick stats. 10 mins later you switch to IB (which I invested a lot more time into) and you suddenly become freenown.

Anyway, punting once they jump on me is what I usually do but in most cases they seem to pop RD.

As for jewelry, I can't boost my parry because The Winds Impervious is just too good overall. It's silly there are better rings but these just suit IB so well. Same goes with Earthsplit, I don't really feel that I kill stuff a lot faster with 2h Subjugator Warhammer.

Looking forward to new vids.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#213 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Winds Impervious is just about Bis for all 2h tanks because magic damage from sorc/bw is just so crazy. If you knoe youre gonna fight some melee, you can swap em out for what Volgo mentioned. Also does anyone know if Stubborn of Stone's 50% aa increase procs off of melee magic damage (ie. witchbrew or ravage) or just INT scaling dmg like sorc/surfbro? IIRC tis the later but I hope its the former :)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Eathisword

Post#214 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Winds Impervious is just about Bis for all 2h tanks because magic damage from sorc/bw is just so crazy. If you knoe youre gonna fight some melee, you can swap em out for what Volgo mentioned. Also does anyone know if Stubborn of Stone's 50% aa increase procs off of melee magic damage (ie. witchbrew or ravage) or just INT scaling dmg like sorc/surfbro? IIRC tis the later but I hope its the former :)
Nah, it doesn't. Its also doesn't proc off dot. Only procs of spells tagged as direct hit in my experience.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Zealote

Post#215 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:34 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: [...] Also does anyone know if Stubborn of Stone's 50% aa increase procs off of melee magic damage (ie. witchbrew or ravage) or just INT scaling dmg like sorc/surfbro? IIRC tis the later but I hope its the former :)
Volgograd wrote:Nah, it doesn't. Its also doesn't proc off dot. Only procs of spells tagged as direct hit in my experience.
Hm d'you know if Runic Shield now works on magic damage that doesn't scale with int? I know it didn't used to on RoR but vaguely remember seeing somewhere it'd been changed...

And nice vid once again Volgo :)
Aetir

flatfoot1987

Post#216 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 pm

One more thing: if you have to choose between Ancestor's Fury and Runic Shield, what will it be?

Edit. Also, Stubborn as stone is getting some tweaks after all.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Booglez

Post#217 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 am

Anyone know which addon or part of what addon is giving the Bigger health bar on current target?
Booglez <Montague> 40/49 Slayer
Mhmmm <Montague> 40/40 RP

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#218 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I am still crying this video it's too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Ads
Leecifer

Post#219 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks for all the tips Volgo! Fridge is strongk.

What is the addon you use for the self and hostile effects duration above your user frames.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#220 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

I believe it is Dufftimer.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!