Recent Topics

Ads

[Volgograd] WL and AM are OP !

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Needabeer

Re: [Volgograd] A 1v1 ending with 10 kills...

Post#401 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:14 am

Eathisword wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 pm
Valarion wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm Your dps spec hits pretty hard and I sincerely hope none of my alts find its way into these death videos.
Ah, tis was not a ''true'' dps spec. I was running only 450 strength in that clip. I was trying an overcapped armor (like 5600) and resist (1k) build. Was pretty amazing that Earthshatter still was doing ''magus'' range crit damage :lol:
That and then self healing is pretty crazy! Can BG's get to that sort of damage and self heals?

Ads
Grock

Post#402 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:54 am

Was it Earthshaker ? Whats the base damage on that ability, that's just unfair at this point...

I just checked on training dummy in Altdorf - with 1032 strength my Precarious Assault used in yellow state for +75% damage crits for 1400~ and thats against 0 mitigation...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Dabbart

Post#403 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 am

I love your vids volgo. And like Valarion, I dread being featured... That's why I have you on my enemy marker list. Giant Red Arrow means Run. Or at least detaunt... How that BO didn't see the punt coming....

Your next vid should be "Float like a Squiq, Sting like a Magus"

And yes, please do the commentary. "WTF a Flying Squiq!?!" made my day...

Cheers Bro!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Eathisword

Re: [Volgograd] Saturday night fights, with commentary

Post#404 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 pm

This is a long one. The bulk of my fights on Saturday night. Was a fun session. Tried a different format with commentary due the fact that half the NA population asked for it (namely, 2 people :lol: ). Bunch of solo fights and 1 scenario PuG.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Darks63

Post#405 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am

According to some destro your gonna get dps IB nerfed Volgo :).
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Skullgrin

Post#406 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Eathisword wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 pm This is a long one. The bulk of my fights on Saturday night. Was a fun session. Tried a different format with commentary due the fact that half the NA population asked for it (namely, 2 people :lol: ). Bunch of solo fights and 1 scenario PuG.

Great video as always! I think I know why they didn't chase after you at Karagaz - the destro keep was at zero stars at that point, and with the double renown week running I was getting 82 points per BO tick with a renown potion bonus. Think this might be a problem for the rest of the bonus week as I'm still only getting 20 renown for some kills in ORvR (was hoping that would double to 40 this week and it hasn't). People will always take the path of least resistance, myself included, and when you can earn a guaranteed 820 points a minute you tend to do it even if it's boring.

Darks63 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am According to some destro your gonna get dps IB nerfed Volgo :).

Pfft. One awesome player won't get the class nerfed. Now if all the other Ironbreakers on the server started to perform as well as he does, then there might be a need to discuss it.

Oh, and good use of punting in Thunder Mountain in that last segment, Volgo. Love seeing that done, I can never seem to get the timing right, might be a lag thing. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Aurandilaz

Post#407 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm

another awesome video, NA timezone is truly the wild wild west :D

and regarding flaghugging... if you time after time get "1 renown point" because the enemy is far lower rank, or max 20 renown because you are "assisting", ofc anyone with a brain is going to hug that damn flag for a steady stream of purple rain which is guaranteed stream of purple versus minor possibility of gaining small extra renown from the very demanding player vs player action :P
dont blame the players, they just picking the best possible strategy for renown gains that the game offers them...

Skullgrin

Post#408 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm another awesome video, NA timezone is truly the wild wild west :D

and regarding flaghugging... if you time after time get "1 renown point" because the enemy is far lower rank, or max 20 renown because you are "assisting", ofc anyone with a brain is going to hug that damn flag for a steady stream of purple rain which is guaranteed stream of purple versus minor possibility of gaining small extra renown from the very demanding player vs player action :P
dont blame the players, they just picking the best possible strategy for renown gains that the game offers them...

I don't blame them at all, I suffer from "Low Renown Syndrome" most of the time. Here, let me show what I mean below -

Spoiler:

Here's a screen shot of the results of five fights that I've won recently - a 3v1, three 1v1 and a 2v1. All of these were solo kills (as seen by my being given the coin and medallion rewards), and no one else was present to take from the amount of renown I received. The names have been removed to protect the victims. :P

In the 3v1 fight there is only one level 40 present, however I only get 31 points for him and a total of 33 points overall.

In the 3 1v1 fights all are level 40 and I only receive 6 points for all three fights.

In the 2v1 I get more points, 181 total for the two kills. The thing is, this is less than I'd get just sitting on a flag for a minute.

This happens to me all the time. I don't know if it is due to my high rank, that I'm sometimes just encountering lower ranked players, or if it is possibly a bug. I do still get large renown rewards from player kills whom know are higher ranked, it is just that when you can get a good return for sitting on your butt at a BO you tend to do it. :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Eathisword

Post#409 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:29 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm another awesome video, NA timezone is truly the wild wild west :D

Thanks man. I will never forget the time your puny order healer helped us wipe a premade in the KV lair ! Can'T say that wild wild west is not fun :p And for BO hugging, I wasn't blaming anyone ! :lol: It was just an observation. In a not too distant past, people would follow you to the depth of PvE black holes to snag a kill. That said... I never really think for renown gains I get. I just go and try and have fun. Sometimes, its just do scenarios. Sometimes (rare rarely) its premade with the cool kids. Most of time its me with Mkatew just charging at people with bloodlust. All in all, it is not like renown matters much atm, past a certain point. We don'T have RR80+ gear to shoot for or anything like live was (which is a good thing imo...)

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 pm
I don't blame them at all, I suffer from "Low Renown Syndrome" most of the time. Here, let me show what I mean below -
Thanks again for not **** me up in that fight :p AND damn son... That's what you get for being renown rank 1 million. I often get 400-500 renown for killing people. High renown ones, I get over 1k renown. What is all this with 1 renown per kill!

Darks63 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am According to some destro your gonna get dps IB nerfed Volgo :).
If that was a thing, a lot of much better players woulda got a lot of classes nerfed by now :p If anything, IB needs a gigantic buff. Its clear as day ! We are the single class with the least amount of RR80+. Its a sign that cannot lie, isn't it ;)
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Darks63

Post#410 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 am

Oh i know Volgo it just your name rang out during a whinefest in the destro general chat.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.