Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#171 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:21 am

drmordread wrote:Amazing work .... almost made me hit the log in screen :)
Thank you!
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Post#172 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Recorded on 11/10/2017.

Six v. Six fights in the Umbra Chaotica.

This video records the events of the first six v six group event held on the RoR server. At least that I know of. It was sponsored by LoneSW and attended by quite a few players.

I wanted to participate, but given my guild is primarily manned by friends from across the Great Lake NA prime-time is typically a bit lonely. Therefore in pursuant of my endeavor to promote the server in the only manner possible I recorded as much as I could and present it here.

Besides, I told people I would so...

A few notes. Admittedly in watching this it can be a bit difficult to differentiate individual players engaged in the fighting, however the video does serve quite adequately as a promotional tool for further events. After the first few minutes I turned my UI off and recorded in full screen, which helped. In the case of this video I do apologize for not turning off my music earlier, as given I wasn't fighting it wasn't necessary to have it running. Except that I like it.

The video covers most of one engagement and the start of another, followed by a couple of minutes of crowd footage just to promote all who participated.

Music from the mix "Reflection" by DJ Nightstar, all rights reserved and used for entertainment purposes only.

Reflection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uB_RJqGn0

Opening scene from the movie "A Clockwork Orange," all rights reserved, and is used for entertainment purposes only.

On a personal note the star of that particular movie, Malcolm McDowell, is another actor I have been acquainted with. He is a charming fellow, quite unassuming, and would never kick you in the yarbles. For those who have yarbles.

As always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gerv
Banned

Post#173 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Thanks for making the video, really appreciate you getting out there and capturing it.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Chuggernaut

Post#174 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Gerv wrote:Thanks for making the video, really appreciate you getting out there and capturing it.
Yup
Iparty - Zealot
Chuggernaut - Chosen
Chuggly Choppa - Chosen
Shibiblet - Rune Priest
Blanche - KotBS
Canaduh -Slayer

Martok

Post#175 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:40 pm

You are welcome guys, anytime.

Martok

Post#176 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:05 am

Hello again.

Metaphor is a wonderful and expressive literary device. It allows one to draw comparisons between two unrelated topics, ideals, actions, objects, or emotions, particularly in regard to the abstract. However metaphor as a device isn't restricted to literature, it can also be utilized in the visual arts. The video posted here represents a metaphor of my own crafting, a comparison and expression of how I have, for a number of years now, interpreted logging onto and playing Warhammer Online.

Alice is an apt metaphor, I believe, as when we log on we all take a trip through the looking glass and enter a world alien to our own. It is a world filled with wonderous sights, strange creatures, and perilous danger. It is continual and surreal adventure of the mind, an exercise in fantasy and make-believe combined with a thirst for conflict fueled by bloodlust. We enter to search out and destroy our adversaries, and we do it joyfully, in a perpetual cycle of live, die, repeat. The world we enter, like Alice's Wonderland, grows curiouser and curiouser, fraught with wonder and peril and littered with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But its not for the timid. In essence, an engaging place to visit, but we wouldn't want to live there.

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date...

As usual this video features a number of different types of conflicts. One v. One's have been a bit rare lately, but there are a few. Other action includes group fights in open RvR and varied Scenario battles. A complete time index listing for all fights is posted below the video, to include citing as many players participating as possible.

As always respects to my worthy opponents, with a particular nod to Garner. When I couldn't get into the Six v. Six action in the Umbra Chaotica, he at least was good enough to offer me a duel. Insert scream here.

Music by the usual suspects, to include DJ Nightstar, Deep Shepherd, Sima Deep, and Aronsa84. All music remains the property of its various owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Deep Shepherd 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8E-SSlwvvg&t

DJ Nightstar (Trance Fighter): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeOZOrbjIE&t

Sima Deep Underground Resident 073 ON TM-RADIO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawTyZs5sG0&t

Progressive Goa Mix - New Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKS03o2av-E

Introduction Sequence from "Alice Through the Looking Glass," released for television in 1998 and staring Kate Beckinsale, all rights reserved and used for entertainment purposes only.

Madness Sequences from the video games "Alice," and "Alice Return to Madness," all rights reserved and used for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks for watching, and I hope you enjoy the metaphor.

"Alice, tell me of your Wonderland..."

Time Index Listing for All Fights:
Spoiler:
00:00 to 01:30 Intro

01:31 to 03:29 1 v 2 against Sharpfang and Rexdolor
03:30 to 04:32 2 v 2 with Iceheart against Karidoc and Thorghar
04:33 to 06:04 1 v 1 against Gromer
06:05 to 07:42 1 v 1 against Moistdisc

07:42 to 08:07 The Vorpal Sword

08:08 to 12:53 Group fight in Ostland at Kinschel's Stronghold with Kriser, Daldren, Thaelyn, and Faenir. Belladona was there
also, with some other guys
12:54 to 13:41 Jumped by Jrewzee in Black Fire Basin
13:42 to 14:35 Jumped by Jrewzee again in Charon's Citadel - (a desperate move paid off)

14:36 to 14:53 Tell us of your Wonderland...

14:54 to 16:51 Warband Fight in Reikland (Zerg counter-Zerg)
16:52 to 26:11 Gates of Ekrund Scenario with Alena, Grimm, Zsi, and Meanwhile (a win without healers, just to show it can be done)

26:12 to 27:00 Down the Rabbit Hole to Another Realm...

27:01 to 28:34 Destruction Warband Conquers Avelorn

28:35 to 29:14 Return to Wonderland

29:15 to 50:17 Series of Gates of Ekrund Scenario Fights Starring Haney, Patholight, Alena, Apollwn, Paris, Farfala, llhazell,
Karisiun, Manolito, Rumblin, Thulzx (how do you pronounce that?), Grimm, Ruwstor, and Seraphiona.

50:18 to 50:48 It is all my fault...

50:49 to 52:15 Running One v. One against Beware in Saphery. Spoiler alert, we both have to repeat.
52:16 to 53:25 One v. One against Oneeasyho - (No Joy)
53:29 to 55:52 Duel during the Six v. Six event against Garner
55:53 to 57:37 Group Fight in the Chaos Waste against Guimaro, Sheoul, Witchez, Encore, Exzy, Chopmaster, and some other
Orc

57:38 to 58:01 The Madhatter's Tea Party

58:02 to 103:27 How to win in Mourkain Temple

103:28 to 103:57 Eat Me

103:58 to 104:15 One v. One against Chaos

104:16 to Finish End Sequence
Last edited by Martok on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#177 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

Great video lady Karisanna!!

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Martok

Post#178 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Amidala wrote:Great video lady Karisanna!!
Thank you Amidala! I admit to being a little bit proud of this one.

Ads
Martok

Post#179 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 pm

For those interested, I have created a Facebook page under my character name. The primary purpose will be to promote the game, my videos, and other fun stuff I may find appropriate. Therefore no politics. I can even share other player's videos, if you wish.

As yet I have no friends, but anyone here who would like to friend me know you are welcome to visit my page anytime you like.

https://www.facebook.com/karisanna.kyrell.9

Martok

Post#180 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 am

Recorded 12/01/17.

I realize at the time of this posting my last video is only three days old, however circumstance warrants another offering.

Scenario action is often characterized by one side or the other dominating, a causality which renders the experience exasperating, or just downright boring, for the losing side. Good scenarios are those in which both sides are able to roam the map and score some points. The best scenarios are those in which the fighting is intense and the ultimate outcome goes down to the wire.

Earlier tonight (again at the time of this posting) I was fortunate enough to participate in just such a scenario. This one had everything, about an equal number of healers, aggressive tanks, four Witch Elves, and a sweeping battle raging back and forth across the objectives. The final score was about as close as one could get, the entire affair symbolizing the essence of what makes this game great.

It was fun, so I thought I would share. For ease of effort I maintained the theme from my prior offering. Besides, I like the Alice Scream.

Fellow Order players in the SC included Cocorico, Bacurai, Belegare, Magdin, Elekur, Mexlicious, and Okso. Destruction players included Jaco, Yamchaa, Krima, Deathette, and Outlawsbaby, so it wasn't like we were fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Hope you all enjoy.

Background music mix by Deep Shepherd, from Deep Shepherd Part 5 Mystery Global Underground 2017 and used with permission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8E-SSlwvvg&t

Respect to our worthy opponents, and as always thanks for watching.

"How do you run from whats inside your head?"

Last edited by Martok on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.