Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fractus

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#91 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:30 am

Nice vid's! Some good fights, fun as always!

Ads
Amidala
Former Staff

Post#92 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:11 am

Always great fights..damn I miss my sm...
Ty for the wonderful videos about high elf event!
Your heart is that of the lion,
Cormlle naa tanya tel'raa

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

nebelwerfer

Post#93 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Lol that last gobbo was in the wrong neighborhood

tionblack

Post#94 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:59 pm

its not about this topic but would you be so kind to tell me a less demanding software so i can capture my adventures too? I got i3 process 8gbram laptop if i can i would love to do it and share with you :) Cheers!

That morning was epic (for me it was morning i was NEARLY asleep sigmar be blessed we managed)I enjoyed the wiping destro part :)

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Karl

Post#95 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm

lol, Epic that you got the db on that shammy after all :)

Martok

Post#96 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:00 pm

tionblack wrote:its not about this topic...
I don't mind, ever. I just appreciate any and everyone who checks in here to watch a few videos.
tionblack wrote:...but would you be so kind to tell me a less demanding software so i can capture my adventures too? I got i3 process 8gbram laptop if i can i would love to do it and share with you :) Cheers!
As I have stated elsewhere I make no claim to be a computer whiz, so I don't know how much use my response will be. I know there are others out there who are better able to provide a more technical response. What I can say is the computer I purchased and play the game on is a dedicated gaming computer and the video capture (FRAPS) program was embedded in the software. I just turn it on and off. I am working on learning an editing program so at some point I can edit out segments of video where not much may be going on, such as riding back and forth to battles. But I invite anyone to please come on here and provide you with a more detailed answer.

Thanks for watching, Tion, and I hope to group with you again soon.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

blaqwar

Post#97 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 pm

tionblack wrote:its not about this topic but would you be so kind to tell me a less demanding software so i can capture my adventures too? I got i3 process 8gbram laptop if i can i would love to do it and share with you :) Cheers!

That morning was epic (for me it was morning i was NEARLY asleep sigmar be blessed we managed)I enjoyed the wiping destro part :)
Since you're using an nVidia graphics card you could take a look at Shadowplay. It uses GPU resources and some clever straight-from-the-GPU-pipeline encoding to offer an almost CPU-free capture.

If you wish to use the current up-to-date version you might get some nVidia bloatware (driver updater, game optimiser, etc..) though and I'm not sure if the tradeoff of the least resource intrusive gameplay capture outweighs the drawbacks of the increased system resource consumption of the nVidia programs running in the background. If you're unwilling to mess around with nVidia's money-grabbing telemetry garbage you could take a look at an open source project called OBS (it uses some of the same tech as Shadowplay). However, take a look here if you are interested in making Shadowplay less taxing; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867#p218148 (under [Nvidia] Disable Nvidia Streamer Service) and here

Martok

Post#98 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 pm

blaqwar wrote:Since you're using an nVidia graphics card you could take a look at Shadowplay. It uses GPU resources and some clever straight-from-the-GPU-pipeline encoding to offer an almost CPU-free capture.
Thanks for your response, Blaqwar.

I posted this video by request from other players who were present for the featured fight. A few players messaged me to inquire if I had been recording, and when I said affirmative they asked if I would put it up. Action in Dragonwake as the forces of Destruction launch an attack into Fireguard Spire. Then we run around a bit.

As always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Martok

Post#99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 pm

I thought about posting this video in its own thread, but then decided against it. If anyone wants to discuss the issue this thread is fine.

Over time there is always in-game chat concerning the use of Guard. Yes it is useful and yes it has a group utility but I have never seen it as the panacea to cure all RvR ills some make it out to be. Using Guard on a player is often more of a reflection of the player being guarded as it is the tank providing the service. I can't recall the number of times in scenario where I have placed guard on a Slayer only to see that Slayer either park his rear end in the spawn point or run off to the other side of the map solo. Using guard should not mean you are a guard-bot, forced to follow someone where ever they decide to go for whatever reason, stupid or sound. Consequently in scenarios I typically wait until we get to the first objective to find someone to guard, meaning I wait to see who actually goes forward to fight.

There are exceptions, and this scenario clearly illustrates one of those times.

When the scenario begins we have no healers but some of us charge into battle regardless. Noticing that Zeromancer has logged into the SC, following the first wipe I switch parties and become his dedicated guard. Why? Because he deserves it. Zeromancer is one of the best SW players on the server, and he can do far more damage during the course of an SC than I can. Therefore it only makes sense to do all I can to keep him alive.

This video shows how I, as a dedicated guard, went about that. True, as everyone will see I separate once farther than I should have and pay the price, but overall I think I did my job. When you decide to become a dedicated guard sometimes you just have to wait for your opportunities to hit the enemy. But they come. And as everyone will also see, often they come to you.

It was a good SC, one my guess is at the beginning no Order player thought we had a chance in hell of winning. As always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Karl

Post#100 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 am

Nice vid as allways, mate :)

Check out the addon "everybodyguard" for faster guard switching and GES for distans to guarded "target" and health - makes it easier to float guard - and also ThinkOutLoad" to let the group know who you guard atm :)