Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Smellybelly

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#191 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Zaxxond wrote:I always appreciate the guard and the assists!
Nice to see you still got that 5-year old "zaxxed" thing going :lol:

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#192 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Smellybelly wrote:
I stopped it after a player who stated they were a Dev (Later confirmed by 2 different GM's) threatened me with being banned over it.

2 days later cross realm chat was nuked. I've been able to play in peace without the constant hate tells from Destro ever since.

Martok

Post#193 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Zaxxond wrote:
Smellybelly wrote:
I stopped it after a player who stated they were a Dev (Later confirmed by 2 different GM's) threatened me with being banned over it.

2 days later cross realm chat was nuked. I've been able to play in peace without the constant hate tells from Destro ever since.
For the record please note some of the segments featured were recorded prior to the above detailed events. The first Nordenwatch SC footage I have been sitting on for at least a month. The Black Fire Basin scenario was recorded just a couple of days ago, providing proof for Zaxxond's words.

In addition, for whatever it is worth, I believe nuking the cross realm chat feature to have been a cosmically good idea.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

albree

Post#194 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm

hi

like your vids. sorry to hear about the incident re your son. one would think its embarrassing to go out of ones way to yell at what he thought was just a kid for killing him. but my pop-psy theory is people who do this--and also use the term "kid" as a pejorative a lot--are themselves young or have some complex they're projecting.

personally im ambivalent about the chat changes. had my share of hate tells which i find funny because i suck at this game. on the other hand ive had nice convos and met cool destro players. these experiences remind us we're all just human behind the character, playing and having fun. so i dunno.

always happy to see you in game and pop you a /wave or /salute. keep making those vids!
BW 40/6x | WL 40/5x (?? RIP) | KBS 40/4x| ENG 40/4x | IB 40/4x | Female dwarf fetishist

Martok

Post#195 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:48 am

albree wrote:always happy to see you in game and pop you a /wave or /salute. keep making those vids!
Thank-you! I appreciate the support.

To keep the ball rolling here another offering.

The scenario action captured here took place just last night (at the time of this posting), and was memorable because I found myself fighting in a group manned by four White Lions. Watching them jump all over the place was as fun as fighting against four of five Witch Elves and waiting for them to pop out of nowhere. The SC additionally benefited from the fact neither side enjoyed the advantage of an overabundance of dedicated healers.

It is worth noting, I suppose, that when recording these videos one aspect I can not control is the central camera aspect. In deference to that design limitation I endeavor to keep as many other players in frame as is rationally possible. Ultimately, however, the result of the chaotic nature of scenario action means the White Lion players featured may come and go, but they all have their moments.

The White Lion players highlighted are Memorix, Galedril, Hellokitty, and Grimjack. Grim I have run with before and it is always a pleasure. As you will see, while in action against the forces of Destruction Hellokitty knows how to say hello. Additionally I have some footage on hand from running in a premade group commanded by Weedhalas, and will compile, edit, and publish that soon.

In fairness to the Destruction side of the house at some point in the near future I plan on logging my Blackguard to see if I can capture one of those scenarios populated by four of five of our Dark Elf kin. When fighting against such a group it is obvious those guys are have a blast, knocking people down and punting them to infinity and beyond.

Video music by Aronsa84 from Progressive Goa Mix - Festival of Emotions, Prog-On-Beatz 07, and used for entertainment purposes only.

Source for music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UAHs6h7kg&t

Short video introduction clip courtesy of NatGeo and used for entertainment purposes only. NatGeo is a great channel and routinely produces amazing stuff.

Roar...

Click here to watch on YouTube

Martok

Post#196 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Welcome back.

Before the frivolous matter of my next video offering your indulgence please concerning another issue. As a former school teacher my heart breaks in regard to the recent events in Florida. Unfortunately, I know and understand only too well the feelings associated with losing a student as the direct result of senseless violence. Therefore my deepest sympathies for all who suffered loss in the wake of this horrific event.

In game related news I am still unable to log into my account. Wargrimner has been helping, but to date nothing attempted has rectified the problem. The issue must be a file corruption of some kind but one so specific as to be elusive in regard to the standard remedies. I will get back in at some point, even if I have to go out and buy another computer.

In the meantime:

I am rather fond of this video, especially given the manner in which it formed. Some of the individual footage seemed made to order, the opening sequence particularly, and lent itself well to the finished product. Video editing isn't hard, but it can prove rather tedious and time consuming. The subject matter, of course, often serves to offset such concerns, which proved to be the case here. Not since "Looking Glass House" have I had so much fun just editing a video together. The total content I originally planned to include eventually had to be reduced in deference to time concerns. Hang in there Weedhala, in a few days I will publish your efforts as a stand-alone offering.

I met Angela Mao once. In regard to the film industry in the Orient she was a break-through star, the first woman to be featured in lead or lead supporting roles in Chinese history. But she didn't much care for the fame. When I told her I was a fan of her movies her only response was to smile slightly and nod her head. All of Hollywood could take a lesson. For those who may not be aware of Angela Mao and her film history, she is featured in two of the transition segments of this video.

As always a complete time index listing for all fights is included below. Respects to my worthy opponents, with a particular nod to TheOddOne. Kitana went this way...one can smell her perfume.

In addition the final segment featured I included solely for my in-game friend Celegion. Hopefully he will appreciate the message.

Music segments feature the work of the artist listed below. As always all music remains the property of the individual owners and is used for entertainment purposes only. Cast in order of appearance:

Combat Segment One: Mortal Kombat Theme Song, from the movie and game of the same name.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPad ... jreload=10

Combat Segment Two: Deep Shepherd, from Deep Shepherd 6 - Mystery Global Underground 2018 and gratefully used with permission.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=febHsfne9mo&t

Combat Segment Three: Sima Deep, from Sima Deep Underground Resident 074 On TM-RADIO. It has been awhile since I featured music from the legend, so this seemed appropriate. Thanks as always.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXBOPqFVSN4&t

Combat Segment Four: Aronsa84, from Progressive Goa Mix - Festival of Emotions, Prog On Beatz 07, and featuring one of my favorite tunes.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UAHs6h7kg&t

Combat Segment Five: DJ NightStar, from Progressive Trance Mix 2016 Light & Love. A couple of notes here. As some of you will recognize I have utilized bits from this set in prior efforts, but given back then I was recording both audio and video simultaneously I was never able to give the opening segment of this particular mix the justice I thought it deserved. Given a few videos back I separated those efforts I now can, and have. Additionally, if any of you ever watch the video associated with some of NightStar's work, specifically this one, know I used to be one of those people you see dancing around half-naked in the middle of the desert with a drink in their hand. Then I grew up. But I still like the music.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUk0nljetqA&t

Combat Segment Six: Cookies Slayer, from Progressive Psytrance January 2018 Releases - Psytrance Mix. (If/when I get back into the game, I plan on using more from this source in a future effort. Seems fair.)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9XBT1t57U

Short transitional film segments from: "Mortal Kombat," "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon," "When Taekwondo Strikes," "Enter the Dragon," and "The Raid," all rights reserved, and are used for entertainment purposes only.

I can not hold back my sword-hand's anger...

Time Index Listing For All Fights:
Spoiler:
00:00 to 00:49 Introduction

00:50 to 06:35 Combat Segment One: Mortal Kombat!!

Round One Fight: versus TheOddOne
Round Two Fight: versus TheOddOne
Final Battle Fight: versus TheOddOne
Finish Him!: versus TheOddOne and some Shammy named Bestgit.

06:36 to 07:17 Why Did You Say That Name?!

07:18 to 14:54 Combat Segment Two: Solo Roaming

07:18 to 08:16 One v. One against Nomadex (I love KV)

08:17 to 09:02 One v. One against Selki

09:03 to 09:53 One v. One against Deathette

09:54 to 10:22 One v. One against Sorkdips

10:23 to 11:24 One v. One against Rikis

11:25 to 13:07 Hunting in Dragonwake and finding Irontarkus

13:08 to 14:54 Roaming in Thunder Mountain and finding Rememberme, followed by a Three v. Two against Osparkys,
Viasarath, and Zerakren.

14:55 to 15:40 I Must Have The Sword!

15:41 to 43:36 Combat Segment Three: Cold Warriors in Black Fire Basin

15:41 to 28:17 Excellent fight alongside some excellent players, to include Hellokitty, Def, Burmeser, Scalvo, Danijensen, Gear,
MrBigs, and a couple of Beast-mode Warrior Priest named Cruzctrl and SigmarCare.

28:18 to 28:24 Nine Random Ninja Vixens

28:25 to 43:36 Even more excellent fight in Black Fire Basin featuring Sizzle, Worstclass, Going, Healss, Brynoth, and Appolwn. I
truly enjoyed this SC, and while scoring a 2 to 8 death to kill ratio while posting over 243 thousand DPS may not
be any sort of record for an SM, I thought it was pretty good. Of course I had good support and was allowed to
just go out and fight.

43:37 to 44:03 Interlude: Angela Mao in "Enter the Dragon."

44:04 to 52:42 Combat Segment Four: Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting!

44:04 to 46:05 Mass Fight at Hallenfurt Manor Featuring a Cast of Many!

46:06 to 52:42 The Greatest Warband Ever Formed! Fighting in Troll Country and Ostland with Heavyaxe, Cantankthree, Meryt,
Custonello, Kojac, Elfkrunch, Hotflash, Pentarch, Tiapanic, Bamboozeled, Wiskee, and others.

Sequences include a mass fight while pushing toward the Destruction Keep, bashing down the door and battleing
our way to the third floor, followed by a subsequent attempt to take the keep again. Good fights all around.

52:43 to 53:19 Interlude: Angela Mao Doing the Laundry

53:20 to 1:18:05 Combat Segment Five: Grimm's Fairy Tales

A series of Scenario battles while in a premade group with Grimm, Grimjack, Apollwn, Prisca, Brynnoth,
Horsemanherra, and later Gerantius. Running with this group was much fun, and sincerely appreciated.

1:18:06 1:18:45 Gimmie The Ball

1:18:46 to 1:19:41 Combat Segment Six: Batman and Hammer-girl

A short segment included again in honor of Celegion.

1:19:42 to End Closing Image
Last edited by Martok on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacecraft

Post#197 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:37 am

Hey man i hope you get your account working again. It must be frustrating. Gl and god speed.

Martok

Post#198 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 am

Hello again and sincere felicitations and appreciations to all who peruse this post.

As you all know my play style tends to favor solo roaming, but every now and then I manage to secure a slot in a roving warband or an invitation to join a pre-made six-man group. This video highlights just such an occasion, an opportunity I enjoyed to participate in Scenario and open RvR action with a group of exceptional players. In actuality we only ran together for about an hour, but during that time we managed to make what I considered a memorable impression.

The video below features me, your humble narrator, endeavoring to assist five deserving Order players. We hooked up in Discord, did a few SC's, ran around Kadrin Valley for awhile, all while generally harassing the enemy and having fun. I hope to prosper from additional future associations with these individuals, as the experience constituted one of the more enjoyable sixty minute periods of game time I have invested since the Mortal Combat tournament.

I have a White Lion character named Zaratiel. While editing this video I thought geez, perhaps I should spend more time player her. Put her in Zaxxond's new guild. Yeah, thats the ticket...

The players primarily featured here include Hellokitty, Catfood, Martillo, Maybell, and Norsemanherra. White Lion players still leveling up may want to watch this video for an idea of how well the class performs. Warrior Priest players still leveling up may want to watch this video for the same reason. These two particular Warrior Priest were again, exceptional in their ability to keep us on our feet. Of course given the design inherent with any video recording program my fellow group mates are not always on screen, and on one occasion I did revert to my old habits and went chasing after the bomb carrier headed for Talebec Dam. However my group-mates are omnipresent, and certainly on screen long enough to effectively showcase their talents. My respects to them all, and of course our worthy opponents.

Featured music by Deep Shepherd, from Deep Shepherd Five Mystery Global Underground 2017 and gratefully used with permission. All music remains the property of the individual owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8E-SSlwvvg&t

Short video clips utilized remain the property of the individual owners and are used for entertainment purposes only.

I am Catwoman, hear me roar...

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#199 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Martok wrote:Hello again and sincere felicitations and appreciations to all who peruse this post.

As you all know my play style tends to favor solo roaming, but every now and then I manage to secure a slot in a roving warband or an invitation to join a pre-made six-man group. This video highlights just such an occasion, an opportunity I enjoyed to participate in Scenario and open RvR action with a group of exceptional players. In actuality we only ran together for about an hour, but during that time we managed to make what I considered a memorable impression.

The video below features me, your humble narrator, endeavoring to assist five deserving Order players. We hooked up in Discord, did a few SC's, ran around Kadrin Valley for awhile, all while generally harassing the enemy and having fun. I hope to prosper from additional future associations with these individuals, as the experience constituted one of the more enjoyable sixty minute periods of game time I have invested since the Mortal Combat tournament.

I have a White Lion character named Zaratiel. While editing this video I thought geez, perhaps I should spend more time player her. Put her in Zaxxond's new guild. Yeah, thats the ticket...

The players primarily featured here include Hellokitty, Catfood, Martillo, Maybell, and Norsemanherra. White Lion players still leveling up may want to watch this video for an idea of how well the class performs. Warrior Priest players still leveling up may want to watch this video for the same reason. These two particular Warrior Priest were again, exceptional in their ability to keep us on our feet. Of course given the design inherent with any video recording program my fellow group mates are not always on screen, and on one occasion I did revert to my old habits and went chasing after the bomb carrier headed for Talebec Dam. However my group-mates are omnipresent, and certainly on screen long enough to effectively showcase their talents. My respects to them all, and of course our worthy opponents.

Featured music by Deep Shepherd, from Deep Shepherd Five Mystery Global Underground 2017 and gratefully used with permission. All music remains the property of the individual owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8E-SSlwvvg&t

Short video clips utilized remain the property of the individual owners and are used for entertainment purposes only.

I am Catwoman, hear me roar...

nice fights!
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Loans

Post#200 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:36 pm

One day i will read every post from page 1 :D :D