Recent Topics

Ads

Peterthepan3's 'L2P' Series - UPDATED [VIDEO]

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sotora

Re: Peterthepan3's 'L2P' Series: GUARD ADDONS [VIDEO]

Post#21 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:35 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:The vast majority either don't put guard on anyone...or put guard on then never stay next to their target. I think your next vid needs to address that lol.

Sounds good. Working on the mechanics, and importance, of guard for next vid.

Merry Xmas all :)
Meery Xmas.

About guard importance. I think that most tanks that don't guard think guarding is to their detriment as they will soak guarded target damage. ( be weaker, die sooner, etc) So propably best to explain them that guarding helps THEM tanks. That is if they guard others they have better chance of winning the fight, killing enemy, getting renown, etc . I find appealing to ppl own self interest working best for motivating people :)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#22 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:41 pm

good work on the guide mate, you got a soothing voice for guides :P

magter3001

Post#23 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Natherul wrote:good work on the guide mate, you got a soothing voice for guides :P
It's Dem Brits bruh 8-) :lol:
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:34 pm

magter3001 wrote:
Natherul wrote:good work on the guide mate, you got a soothing voice for guides :P
It's Dem Brits bruh 8-) :lol:
Hahah <3

Jaycub

Post#25 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Make an "It's a PUG life" video series outlining how to properly play each role/class in scenarios when you are solo queing.

Not only would it help new players, but I'm sure you know how frustrating it is to get really dumb pugs who can ruin a scenario for you.

I remember a certain BFB yesterday where your off group, had a magus who constantly rambo'd in without guard to pull people for free immunity, and 2 mara's and a choppa just feeding kills over and over and over again making the scenarios 12v6 essentially.

Teaching people how to approach certain situations, evaluate what they can do based on what they have in their party and what they are up against, and how to properly fill their role could go a long ways.

There's a lot of quirks and things people don't necessarily think about when solo queing as well that you could cover
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Marsares

Post#26 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 pm

File to addons is gone. ;-)

Also, one quality of life issue... I never used GES before, but when I guard swap in a WB I get two messages about guard swapping: one from GES and one from Enemy. Rather annoying. I don't want to disable the GES one, as the Enemy one only works in-WB-party and often I'm solo-PUG in scenarios and like to broadcast the guardswap in the scenario party. Any ideas?
Last edited by Marsares on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Tomerant

Post#27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 pm

really, reeeaaalllyyyy good video :) sub up mate

saupreusse
Developer

Post#28 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:02 pm

Still waiting for another video! When?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Kind words are very appreciated. I shall update the download link sometime tomorrow, and I hope to get started on another video (importance of guard/how to use) when I get back from my WoW hiatus =P

Eathisword

Post#30 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:22 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Kind words are very appreciated. I shall update the download link sometime tomorrow, and I hope to get started on another video (importance of guard/how to use) when I get back from my WoW hiatus =P
Shush... stop with the WoW. We need more soothing voice with good information here and now ! When i try to make guides, I sound like a retarded Justin Bieber (Twyxx's words...)
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.