Recent Topics

Ads

A Video Proposal, Volunteers Needed

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

A Video Proposal, Volunteers Needed

Post#1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:23 am

I have come up with an idea for a video which, if we can get it recorded, I believe would help to promote the server and those who play on it. As I have stated prior that is the core reason I record my videos, and I think this one would just be really cool.

My idea is this. On a date to be chosen somewhere between six and nine o'clock Eastern Standard Time US, a group of us gather in a locked zone. My preference would be either the Chaos Waste or Praag, depending on which zone would indeed be inactive. I would need the following character classes in attendance: five or six Witch Hunters, Two Bright Wizards, Three Knights of the Blazing Sun, a Warrior Priest, all accompanied by whoever else may want to attend, and one Witch Elf player willing to be the sacrifice. Then we all position ourselves and recreate the "We Found a Witch!" scene from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Once I have enough volunteers willing to participate what I would do is write out a script, to be posted here, listing in detail what each character is to say and the order they are to say it. All dialogue would be in open "say" for clear reading. There would be no background music, only the sounds of the game. The script section could be printed for those with lines to speak, and at the appointed time we would gather, start, and record.

Two concerns, of course. If for some reason the Dev's either do not want this done or for some legal reason I am not aware of can't allow it, then I understand their word is final and I will comply. I don't foresee a problem, but they would know best.

My second concern is the Forces of Destruction indulging the project and allowing us to record it unhindered. The last thing I would want to see is at the appointed time a mass of Destro riding in to disrupt the event. If that happens I would just record that and let the community make of it what they will.

So, taking volunteers. Anyone willing to help out please post here with your character name and class. Thank you all in advance.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Glorian

Re: A Video Proposal, Volunteers Needed

Post#2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 am

Cool idea.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 am

Great! :D :D add me

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

xanderous

Post#4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 am

Looking forward to seeing this, i'd help but alas i have no human characters.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Mcgotrek

Post#5 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:41 am

I support everything with Monty Python in it - I volunteer as a tribute!
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Dogstar

Post#6 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Yeah i'm in.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:04 pm

I like this. If you can't find a decked-out T4 WE to volunteer, I have a lvl34 WE that can do it, although she won't look as cool so imo it should be someone in a full T4 set (might as well show off the gear, right?).

I hope you can get all the people you need, I think this sounds really fun.

CzarRedwall

Post#8 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 pm

To avoid gankers, don't post location/time/date on public forums.

Also, it sounds like you need a goblin for comedic relief... if only there was a willing git to volunteer..... like me....

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm

CzarRedwall wrote:Also, it sounds like you need a goblin for comedic relief... if only there was a willing git to volunteer..... like me....
I hadn't thought of that but a gobo rolling around on the ground would add to the scene.

I appreciate the responses everyone, but in order for me to pull this off I need enough players to post not only their willingness to be there but their character name and class. Otherwise I can't write the script for who is to say what. Thanks.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...