Recent Topics

Ads

Matrik part 6

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lefze
Suspended

Re: Matrik solo stabbin squig herder Part 1

Post#21 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm

repel wrote:
spiritbull wrote:Any chance for some kind of guide, sharing experience?)
just one tip: deftards kill damage dillers in this game
Boring to watch and boring to play though. Killing people by tanking them to death is so dull. Not sure squig can be competitive in an actual dps build, but I intend on finding out.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#22 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 pm

lefze wrote:
repel wrote:
spiritbull wrote:Any chance for some kind of guide, sharing experience?)
just one tip: deftards kill damage dillers in this game
Boring to watch and boring to play though. Killing people by tanking them to death is so dull. Not sure squig can be competitive in an actual dps build, but I intend on finding out.
Killing people by acting out the Benny Hill theme isn't particularly entertaining either, is it?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#23 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Nah, clearly only glass cannon dps takes skill and is interesting. Nothing more fun than mashing your NB rotation. Much difficult, such skillcap.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Mcgotrek

Post#24 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Those are some refreshing videos to see! Did you notice if that wl in the second video was guarded?
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

lefze
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Darosh wrote:
lefze wrote:
repel wrote: just one tip: deftards kill damage dillers in this game
Killing people by acting out the Benny Hill theme isn't particularly entertaining either, is it?
Well, that's exactly what the whole tanky playstyle is like, kinda horrible comparison.
GodlessCrom wrote:Nah, clearly only glass cannon dps takes skill and is interesting. Nothing more fun than mashing your NB rotation. Much difficult, such skillcap.
Take out the sarcasm and I agree completely with the first sentence. Letting the build do litterally all the work for you is way worse than spamming NB strings. And that's just what a deftard dps does, takes your TTK so high all margin of error is just gone, and especially when fighting mostly non-duel specced players all the challenge is gone. And believe me, this game has so little challenge left that any real entertainement value dissapears the second you spec deftard. Not to mention that anyone that can play can pretty much ignore you the second they realize you play a full duel spec and just leave, as you have no damage to kill anyone that doesn't commit. Of course the game is all about pug farming these days, but theres the fun way to do it and the boring way.
Rip Phalanx

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:28 pm

I eagerly await these exciting videos of glorious glass cannon master race spamming the super deep rotations every class in this game possesses on undergeared EU randos who Im pretty sure get spontaneously generated by the server itself for these videos.

For reals though, glass cannon is even more boring IMO because they either pick on relatively soft targets, or get murdered. Even if someone like Volgo is killing bads (doesnt ever stop them from **** talking though, lol) he is killing a bunch of bads at once and it takes a bit more skill and forethought than some of these other 1v1 backpedal vids we see. Only way you could do that as glass cannon would be a kite fest as rdps, which is just benny hill gameplay for X amount of minutes, or stealther, which is a lot of "watch these afk players feed me renown."

If someone actually comes up with interesting glass cannon play which isnt the above, I would watch.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

wiscel

Post#27 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Really like those videos. Makes me want to respec my Squigherder. What talismans/tactics are you using. And can you link your spec from Career Builder pls?

Nasty
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

AlistaireCrowley

Post#28 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey

I strongly suggest you stop using LoyalPet. It bugs sometimes and makes pet not attack. As I said. Use Petassist instead and put pet on passive. Its more reliable when it come to pet assisting you.

Cheers :)
Hulkster/ Satana/ Oddjobb/ Alistaire/ Lucifier/ Lestath/ Molochai/ Morpheuz/ Jago/ Fabio/ Gorkchop/ Luzious

Ads
Athergic

Post#29 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 pm

AlistaireCrowley wrote:Hey

I strongly suggest you stop using LoyalPet. It bugs sometimes and makes pet not attack. As I said. Use Petassist instead and put pet on passive. Its more reliable when it come to pet assisting you.

Cheers :)
I'll definitely check it out, I must have thought they were the same
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Athergic

Post#30 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 pm

wiscel wrote:Really like those videos. Makes me want to respec my Squigherder. What talismans/tactics are you using. And can you link your spec from Career Builder pls?

Nasty
Full stabbin, up to runaway in quick. I tried to healdebuff but the short duration and ail requirement just don't mesh with my solo build atm.
Ill probably use it again at rr70
I love armor talis
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708