Recent Topics

Ads

Video Scenario Guides - Season One

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: Video Scenario Guides - Season One

Post#21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 am

Martok wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 pmNice vids, though worth noting that Isha isn't really played for the flag: the flag is only ever taken (by 99% of proper premades) when the fight is over. Not to negate from the video (what you said is technically correct), just want to let any potential premades know that most groups will only ever go for the flag when the fight is over.

Yes, you are correct, of course. My approach was to simply maintain context throughout, that of winning the scenario first. Additionally, as I said, for some reason I can't fully articulate Isha has always been one of my two most favored SC's to fight in. Perhaps it is the latent High Elf within me.
WAtched your college one and nice tips. Edit at 18:50 thats a Dok not a WE
As far as Isha goes, don't listen. ICONIC didn't lose a single ISHA Sc this weekend and we will go for the flag. We tried to do the just kill, but thats a joke the other team just runs to their WC. I even watch some of these 6v6 fights and they are so boring. 1 person dies and they kite back to their WC. Be a real 6 man and fight to the death on the flag. Anyone can play the guards. play the SC for the true top spot. Why ICONIC will always be the #1 for small arena type play. Don't let someone's "idea" of how it should be take you away from how the ACTUAL Sc works.

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:43 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amWAtched your college one and nice tips. Edit at 18:50 thats a Dok not a WE

So it is! The fact he was displayed as naked threw me off...

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amAs far as Isha goes, don't listen. ICONIC didn't lose a single ISHA Sc this weekend and we will go for the flag. We tried to do the just kill, but thats a joke the other team just runs to their WC.

Peter's point is valid but I see yours as well. All I can say is my context in every video is the same, playing the mechanics of the SC in order to win the SC. I have nothing against 6 v 6 fights if that is the stated goal, but in every SC someone has to win, so...

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amAnyone can play the guards. play the SC for the true top spot.

I appreciate your comments, thanks. On a side note good fights earlier in the College. I recorded at least one of them and am planning to publish it later.
Last edited by Martok on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#23 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 am

Martok wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:43 am
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amWAtched your college one and nice tips. Edit at 18:50 thats a Dok not a WE

So it is! The fact he was displayed as naked threw me off...

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amAs far as Isha goes, don't listen. ICONIC didn't lose a single ISHA Sc this weekend and we will go for the flag. We tried to do the just kill, but thats a joke the other team just runs to their WC.

Dan's point is valid but I see yours as well. All I can say is my context in every video is the same, playing the mechanics of the SC in order to win the SC. I have nothing against 6 v 6 fights if that is the stated goal, but in every SC someone has to win, so...

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 amAnyone can play the guards. play the SC for the true top spot.

I appreciate your comments, thanks. On a side note good fights earlier in the College. I recorded at least one of them and am planning to publish it later.

Indeed, order was bringing their game today. Saw Train Wrekc, Zaxxed, and ORder biased bringing groups out. If the one you recorded was order 12 kills and Destro 7...then i have no clue how we won. ORder was hugging the flag hard and had more kills. So if it was an explaination with the video would be nice. For order deserved to win that one.

Martok

Post#24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:46 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 amIndeed, order was bringing their game today. Saw Train Wrekc, Zaxxed, and ORder biased bringing groups out. If the one you recorded was order 12 kills and Destro 7...then i have no clue how we won. ORder was hugging the flag hard and had more kills. So if it was an explaination with the video would be nice. For order deserved to win that one.

Actually I did get that one. It may take me a couple of days but I will put it up in the War Stories thread. Thanks again.

Vanden

Post#25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 pm

As a new player (played upon initial retail release for a bit) the first 2 I watched were really helpful.

I’m only a lvl 6 marauder, and don’t remember a darn thing really, nice little primer will watch more when I have time.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 am
Martok wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 pmNice vids, though worth noting that Isha isn't really played for the flag: the flag is only ever taken (by 99% of proper premades) when the fight is over. Not to negate from the video (what you said is technically correct), just want to let any potential premades know that most groups will only ever go for the flag when the fight is over.

Yes, you are correct, of course. My approach was to simply maintain context throughout, that of winning the scenario first. Additionally, as I said, for some reason I can't fully articulate Isha has always been one of my two most favored SC's to fight in. Perhaps it is the latent High Elf within me.
WAtched your college one and nice tips. Edit at 18:50 thats a Dok not a WE
As far as Isha goes, don't listen. ICONIC didn't lose a single ISHA Sc this weekend and we will go for the flag. We tried to do the just kill, but thats a joke the other team just runs to their WC. I even watch some of these 6v6 fights and they are so boring. 1 person dies and they kite back to their WC. Be a real 6 man and fight to the death on the flag. Anyone can play the guards. play the SC for the true top spot. Why ICONIC will always be the #1 for small arena type play. Don't let someone's "idea" of how it should be take you away from how the ACTUAL Sc works.
>number one for arena type PvP
>camps flags instead of pvping

pick one

Martok

Post#27 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Edit DP
Last edited by Martok on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#28 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Vanden wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 pmAs a new player (played upon initial retail release for a bit) the first 2 I watched were really helpful.

I’m only a lvl 6 marauder, and don’t remember a darn thing really, nice little primer will watch more when I have time.

Thanks Vanden, I appreciate that. As I said in the introduction to episode one if the videos help even a few people then they will have served their purpose.

On another note, the Pheonix Gate airstrike bit? No one?

Ads
Martok

Post#29 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Episode Nineteen in my continuing series of video scenario guides, this addressing Reikland Hills. And toward the end another issue.

As always I hope you enjoy and thanks for watching!

Click here to watch on YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Nice vid, and - if I'm being honest - I wasn't surprised at all with the behaviour of a certain 'dwarf on a gyrocopter' who appeared in the ending.