Recent Topics

Ads

ICONIC's First Video

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: ICONIC's First Video

Post#31 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 pm

We want to see you come up against premades, against known top players and groups. You spout how you're the best group to ever grace this game, yet this video just shows you farming pugs, which would be fine if you weren't making such assertions in-game.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#32 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Don't think too much about youtube likes, surprisingly you have quite many of them. People will always be salty over seeing themselves die in youtube videos.
Either you feel like putting together more videos, or you don't feel like it - this game is so small no point in caring about things like subscribers or maximizing likes; if you wanted those RoR is not the game to get big youtube audience.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#33 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Not trying to get big, but making a video was hard pressed for Jimson and I with our work schedules. We would rather just play the game, but we thought we would show the game community some insight into our play style. Jimson and I are up for making another if the community is interested otherwise we will just play. 100 likes is hardly “big”.

Martok

Post#34 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 pm100 likes is hardly “big”.

That may be true, but it is also true given the size of our community gathering likes isn't the hill you want to die on. My scenario guide videos are crafted in regard to two primary motivators. One, I enjoy doing them, and attempt to embed that truth into the end result. Two, I craft them in an effort to support the server and those who play on it in the one effective manner I can. On occasion have I fallen victim to a bit of self-promotion? Probably, sure. However even given that is not the inherent goal I believe the total number of likes any one of my scenario guide videos has garnered is seven.

If I were to have let that guide me, I would have quit long ago. What I allow to guide me is those occasions when someone has told me, either via comment or message in game, they found my videos enjoyable and/or useful.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Reesh

Post#35 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:57 pm

For ror community getting a 100 is huge.
You're making a video for yourself or your buddies that played with you in the first place, not for recognition or fame.
Be passionate about just making the content in certain way, treating some of the vids as projects with different flavors.
If I'd had to wait even for 50 likes, my vid history would stop at T2.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#36 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Martok wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 pm100 likes is hardly “big”.

That may be true, but it is also true given the size of our community gathering likes isn't the hill you want to die on. My scenario guide videos are crafted in regard to two primary motivators. One, I enjoy doing them, and attempt to embed that truth into the end result. Two, I craft them in an effort to support the server and those who play on it in the one effective manner I can. On occasion have I fallen victim to a bit of self-promotion? Probably, sure. However even given that is not the inherent goal I believe the total number of likes any one of my scenario guide videos has garnered is seven.

If I were to have let that guide me, I would have quit long ago. What I allow to guide me is those occasions when someone has told me, either via comment or message in game, they found my videos enjoyable and/or useful.

Aye and that is your motivation. You enjoy doing it. We did it for the community. If we don't get 100 likes there wont be another video, I'm not understanding whats wrong with that statement. If people are not interested there is no point (in my opinion) to push out another video. I was just simply letting the community know. I'm glad you have found the time and enjoyment in making them for your videos are great.

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 pm

100 likes is just not plausible, I'm afraid, unless you're bringing in 10s of thousands of viewers.

here are some popular vids:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Was made over 2 years ago, 20k+ views, and just over 100 likes.

Svarz vid, 7k views - 54 likes.

Korze (revob/csi) solo sorc vid, 7k views - 90 likes

Unless the footage you make is incredible/very entertaining, and you are pulling in lots of viewers, you won't get 100 likes.

The community is incredibly small, too: 100 people liking your video on youtube is farfetched when that itself constitutes a significant fraction of the entire population playing the game right now.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#38 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Yeah that first video is nice, plus the ones he does for epic quest. See the WAr community like those videos and support it. Like I said no point in making another ICONIC video if there isn't an interest. I'm not looking for views, jut using the likes to gauge interest. Nothing wrong with that.

Ads
Darks63

Post#39 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:11 pm

If its too much work than just don't bother with it Bella. Just play the game for the fun of it.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#40 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Darks63 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:11 pm If its too much work than just don't bother with it Bella. Just play the game for the fun of it.
Exactly, was just letting the community know we will make one if there is an interest. Otherwise yes it’s very time consuming.