Recent Topics

Ads

NEW! 7/2/18 Growth 2H Solo choppa no riposte/furious choppin.

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Athergic

Re: Growth 2H Solo choppa no riposte/furious choppin.

Post#21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 am

davispeed wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 am
Mavella wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm These regen builds are getting ridiculous. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do when willing giving up two of your best solo tools as a choppa. Can't find fault for taking advantage of what's given to ya. Nice job.
While melee SW are not rediculous right? 2:36 to 4:17
I like the challenge, especially when I win :)
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am

Fleshrender rings heal 18 hp every 4 seconds, so 4 hp/ second, stack them x4 and you get 16 hp/second or 72hp / 4 seconds. Anni chest gives 52hp /4 seconds (for those classes that have regen on it. Stack them together and you get a grand total of 29 hp regen per second.

The trick is combining this with enough toughness to mitigate each hit enough to make 29 hp regen matter somewhat. This gives you really bad dps overall. The rings limits your resistances greatly though.

If you play a tank you usually have some extra hp regen options such as heal aura for chosen/knight, hp on disrupt tactics (minor like a 100 hp per disrupt), Grumble and Mutter for IB, Bolstering Anger for BG, warbellow etc for BO. Most classes have some ways to do this, combined with crafted pots, pots bought with medals and absorb pots, heal over time pots etc you can start building yourself for some solo roaming. Its fun, its challenging and most of the time you WILL be run over by the zergs cho-cho trains.

Still, worth it for that one epic 1vs1 (possibly 1vsX) where no one interferes ;)

Athergic

Post#23 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 am

Smellybelly wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am The trick is combining this with enough toughness to mitigate each hit enough to make 29 hp regen matter somewhat. This gives you really bad dps overall. The rings limits your resistances greatly though.
I didn't know that trick, interesting. I usually build some toughness anyways though.
Doom Diver front man

Smellybelly

Post#24 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 am

Athergic wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 am
Smellybelly wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am The trick is combining this with enough toughness to mitigate each hit enough to make 29 hp regen matter somewhat. This gives you really bad dps overall. The rings limits your resistances greatly though.
I didn't know that trick, interesting. I usually build some toughness anyways though.
Well enough toughness OR armor i would say, but preferably both. If you normally get hit for 250 per hit then a 29 hp regen wont do much since you wont last very long. But if that initial hit can be limited to around a 100, then your regen is basically 1/3 of the dmg taken, that will buy some more time.

Its all a tradeoff though since more regen or mitigation usually means less and less damage done.
I guess this is partly why guardian WL is so controversial since they stack wounds/toughness and (possibly hp regen) and the pet actually GAIN damage from that, not a bad trade for them.

Another wonderful tip is empire and chaos racial tactic wich gives a 375 absorb shield. It can proc every 3 seconds wich equals to a possible 375x20 = 7500 hp per minute absorbed. 375 might not sound like much but it all adds up plus you cant be critted while protected by a bubble, wich potentially negates huge burst rotations from word of pain/boiling blood etc. And while you absorb, the hp regen items keep on ticking in the background. Its usually what makes solo chosens so tough to take down, even while using a greatweapon.

Its all in the details :)

Herk

Post#25 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm

davispeed wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 am While melee SW are not rediculous right? 2:36 to 4:17
I have invested no points in assault tree.

Mavella

Post#26 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm

davispeed wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 am
Mavella wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm These regen builds are getting ridiculous. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do when willing giving up two of your best solo tools as a choppa. Can't find fault for taking advantage of what's given to ya. Nice job.
While melee SW are not rediculous right? 2:36 to 4:17
My only beef with melee sw was the ridiculous initiative debuff stacking which has sort of been toned down with even more rng. They wouldn't be viable without it and it's just a dumb bandaid fix. I'd say the SW in this video played with his head, kept separation, potted, and still lost. It happens. I guess it's a little more alarming that he admittedly has zero investment in the melee tree and still capable of going toe to toe as much as he had to and put out that much damage.

Personally, I've got a bigger problem with guardian wl being rewarded with more damage for tanking up. No other class in the game gets that option they all have to balance dps with survavibility except this golden class/spec combination. 🙄

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Herk wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm
davispeed wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 am While melee SW are not rediculous right? 2:36 to 4:17
You played incredibly well considering, then. Kudos.

Athergic

Post#28 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Herk wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm
Sorry I just assumed, cause of assault stance. One of my favorite duels on this game, well played.
Doom Diver front man

Ads
Herk

Post#29 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Thank you Mavella, peterthepan3 and Athergic, especially since I didn't expect any compliment.

Mavella

Post#30 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 am

Also the fleshrender rings I see have 40hp/4sec x4 is a pretty significant considering each one is 15(!) renown in value. Maybe they need to be made "Unique" so you can't stack 4 of them with tactics/renown up to idiotic levels.