Recent Topics

Ads

<NRM> Zerg fights 60 vs 60

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ravenlocke

Re: <NRM> Zerg fights 60 vs 60

Post#11 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 am

In all seriousness Kabuterimonga, in your opinion is this a desirable state of gameplay in orvr? Is this the mode of play you want the game tailored to moving forward?

What would you think about reducing aoe by a significant amount (say 80%) so that large engagements like this might become more tactical with target selection actually being important?

Leading the number of warbands that you do, you have a unique position of seeing how the current zerg format plays out. I think reducing all aoe damage and removing offensive morales would boost the complexity and make orvr far more engaging and strategic.

Kright 71 DOK

Ads
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Re: <NRM> Zerg fights 60 vs 60

Post#12 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:01 am

ravenlocke wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 am In all seriousness Kabuterimonga, in your opinion is this a desirable state of gameplay in orvr? Is this the mode of play you want the game tailored to moving forward?

What would you think about reducing aoe by a significant amount (say 80%) so that large engagements like this might become more tactical with target selection actually being important?

Leading the number of warbands that you do, you have a unique position of seeing how the current zerg format plays out. I think reducing all aoe damage and removing offensive morales would boost the complexity and make orvr far more engaging and strategic.

Kright 71 DOK
Yes, this is what I desire of Big Scale Combat in an MMORPG. I would like that Morales 1 could have a AoE and Single Target CC option and not only Single Target Damage, so that would add some kind of tactic coordination and have another option since that at the moment morales are only AoE Bombs or Defensive Buffs.

I think that reducing AoE by a significant amount is not what I would suggest. What I could have in mind is add new set of skill for Healers and Tanks that reduces Damage by let say 25% in a Single Target (stackable), so this way, create a new rol in combat against High Level players that do AoE, by reducing their damage up to 100% for few seconds. Diminishing stats and damage as a nerf is not good for anyone because it kills the gameplay one specific plays that Career, try adding new things and roles in fights is maybe the way I see future can be bright and fun. Also increasing the values of Defensive Morales and Buffs in general could be a good idea, to give healers and tanks more use.

edit: M2 could be a counter morale, meaning it absorbs Morales damage

Nerfing is not the way, buffing skills and careers that need it, that is what i like, yes please.

Now talking about tactic coordination and target calling, I understand what that comes from, I used to play on BTC Warbands and I remember the leader of those groups used to Pick targets out of a zerg, I miss that coordination. It requires a good eye and of course, the use of Buff Head addon and /assist macros. Maybe add new skills, morales or increase the value of Single Target Debuffs which work on crit chance and low defenses, let say. I call this particular target on which we all agree on use our Debuffs so he / she dies faster. I believe that may exist right now, it just requires players to work on that type of tactics.

edit 2: Reworks careers so there's more options to choose from the "Meta" pool.
Everything can be done since Client Control now is a reality, we just need a developer team with talent and high knowledge of MMOs in general, know what is fun and what fuucks up people fun. I say it again. Nerfs are not the way, Buffs and reworks are what makes a game great. And that's what I got in my mind right now, cya in the lakes mate, much respect for you and the players that play the way of strategic target calling <3
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86