Recent Topics

Ads

The Fortress Assault

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

The Fortress Assault

Post#1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 am

A post elsewhere on the forums prompted me to craft this video, discussing a few issues raised in context of current fortress mechanics. I hope it proves useful and as always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Gakin

Re: The Fortress Assault

Post#2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:11 am

Maybe you should stop running 2h build in mass rvr and see the difference. Clump together to split aoe dmg, use aoe cleance, use htl, push under 4 tanks morales, punt blocking defenders, not that hard.

When both sides play bad, lack heals and snb tanks, defenders has huge advantage, but if both sides are good, atakers can make it cause of numbers advantage.

I dont think forts should be like keeps, when side whith bigger numbers always get easy win.
Gakjin zeal/Gakih sh, and many alts, FMJ guild

xanderous

Post#3 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Have to agree with Gakin, you can't talk pro/cons of a fort per factions if you yourself are ignoring your own classes responsibilities for an ideal fort set up. Mainly being, your a tank, put a shield on, guard appropriately and spam hold the line.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Martok

Post#4 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Apparently the angry mob video clip was more prescient than I would have thought.

I think you guys missed the point of the video, even given I very clearly stated at the beginning the focus was in no manner about me. I made this video as a visual aid to illustrate fort mechanics and a few concerns raised by and debated by other members of the forum, and to pose a couple of questions concerning those mechanics I was also curious about.

I did not make this video in order to broach an argument about how the success or failure of three entire warbands depends on whether or not one Swordmaster is using a shield.

I play this game to have fun. I make my videos because I enjoy making them and they represent the only product which I can donate to support the server. Apparently these are old-fashion notions.
Last edited by Martok on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:30 pm

The fact that you lot are trying to discuss him instead of the topic says a lot about you all.

He guarded me on a succesful defense with his 2h and he got a gold bag out of it, so he is doing fine, the weapon of choice is not really the problem with the whole fortress thing.

Xergon

Post#6 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Spoiler:
Martok wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm Apparently the angry mob video clip was more prescient than I would have thought.

I think you guys missed the point of the video, even given I very clearly stated at the beginning the focus was in no manner about me. I made this video as a visual aid to illustrate fort mechanics and a few concerns raised by and debated by other members of the forum, and to pose a couple of questions concerning those mechanics I was also curious about.

I did not make this video in order to broach an argument about how the success or failure of three entire warbands depends on whether or not one Swordmaster is using a shield.

I play this game to have fun. I make my videos because I enjoy making them and they represent the only product which I can donate to support the server. Apparently these are old-fashion notions.
Points that you making in video are only minor issues. Not much problem in my opinion. Sure it's harder for invading side to break in but its possible. It's just battle of better coordination and better execution. Which side will properly execute morale drop will most likely win this, and because Invading side has more numbers therefore has more tools/abilities/morales/resources to work with. BUT if groups/WB's inside will have bad composition, too many DPS and on top of that too many useless ST DPS like WH/WL or even Sniping Engi or ASW and on top of that 2Handed pseudo DPS tanks then obviously you already handicapping yourself from start.

You said that enemy DPS ala Magus/Sorc can freely attack you from 3rd floor (and there is no barrier on 3rd floor, barrier is on 4th floor). Image
Well ONLY skills that these classes can use are very the same that RangeDPS on Invading side can use aswell, im talking about BW RainOfFire or ENG NapalmGrenade. Playing one of these classes you can put pressure on enemy RDPS above and you will see them running right away, why ? Because they stand there w/o tank, w/o guard and w/o HTL. So please don't point that as an issue because its not an issue. And let's say they do "freely" AoE DPS on you, that DPS should never kill anyone in your Warband if your Healers are not AFK, only thing they do is giving you free morale nothing else.

About prison, you said that you know what it suppose to inspire then if you know so why you don't understand ? It's only players bad mentality that they cant use system which is implemented. If Defenders die on stage 3 and they Release (sometimes they have too if they die outside of res range) that makes funneling defenders weaker and weaker. If lets say there was 6man inside Fortress on defending side, that 6man can attempt to release prisoners, but knowing that Invading side need also spent some forces to protect prison to prevent prisoners escaping. It's very simple and obvious idea so please don't blame system or dev's that players are not using tools properly.

Only issue atm i see is that Rifts and Magnet pulls often/still goes through walls, which should not be possible.

Below i link video to properly executed push into Lord Room, watch, analyze and learn.
Anyway i like your stories, i like your video style, and GL in RL.
Cheers.

Click here to watch on YouTube
And yes, this video is from Premade Guild WB Setup BUT i've been in PUG WB's on both sides that also executed push properly and with success, so it is possible.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

oaliaen

Post#7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:47 am

I was there and we just did what you guys did before whit us...guys from above melting everybody and yea...

As Bulgy says: payback is a bitch sometimes.

Martok

Post#8 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks for the response. Only one issue I wish to discuss.

Xergon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pmAbout prison, you said that you know what it suppose to inspire then if you know so why you don't understand ?

What I said was I knew what the mechanics were meant to represent, but didn't understand what they were meant to inspire.

Over my time here I have always made clear my appreciation and respect for all the work the Devs put into this game and for the simple fact I get to play it. However that doesn't mean I agree with every aspect implemented. As I stated in the video, in discussing this I am not making any sort of demand. I am only expressing my opinion. And that opinion is I see the prison mechanic as rather boring. For me it doesn't inspire any involvement. Last night even after we killed the lord all the destro guys were still trapped in the prison. They looked like they were having so much fun.

Xergon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pmIt's very simple and obvious idea so please don't blame system or dev's that players are not using tools properly.

I did not blame anyone for anything. Well, except for Kitty getting pulled into the prison. But beyond that no.

Xergon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pmBelow i link video to properly executed push into Lord Room, watch, analyze and learn. Anyway i like your stories, i like your video style, and GL in RL.

Thanks.

Ads