Recent Topics

Ads

Absurd lagspikes vs Destro lagbombs

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grock

Re: Absurd lagspikes vs Destro lagbombs

Post#61 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:46 pm

This has been a major issue for me for a long time and the main reason i avoid large scale and rarely participate in guild warbands.

This isn't caused by either addons or VFX - i always play with ability effects off, and i did a test on a fresh UI profile with zero addons multiple times.
It doesn't seem to be caused solely by zone population or player numbers in vicinity either (but might be affected by it) because its been happening to me in 6v6 scenarios and small engagements and because the issue only happens during the actual contact in a battle.

I blamed it on addons as well, so few months back during a particularly unplayable guild warband day i made a completely fresh default UI profile and switched my main to it (also restarted the game) and it made pretty much zero difference - i was still freezing during our fights with TUP
(also on multiple occasions i noticed that playing with default combat text causes much worse issues in large battles than WSCT addon)

I saw these fps spikes in 6v6 scenarios as well, i don't remember specific teams or compositions, but i am pretty sure it wasn't caused by MSH most of the time because the only MSH that i've seen was Ezi, and we only fought against him maybe two-three times.
While MSH might be related, the root of the problem likely lies elsewhere.

I suspect it might be associated with Status effect updates or associated GUI draw calls, as i noticed when i turn all effects off in Pure it seems to get a little bit better. (And similar issue happens when you target fort/keep boss) (also because i know there's a similar issue with Unity Engine where improperly managed GUI system can absolutely kill performance even on the best systems, IIRC the idea of it is that it redraws entire UI every time a single element is updated, so the load increases exponentially or sometihng like that)

Also I've been noticing that the freeze spike seem to happen when i use aoe attacs in a crowd of people. But now i'm not sure about that.
It could be caused by all the combat messages like damage, healing, etc?
But its unclear to me whats the difference between Order and Destro then
We use the same gear and mostly the same abilities, with few exceptions like melee SH

One last wild guess is it might be related to MSH Big Bouncing sound FX as i remember it was very loud originally, maybe something was botched when that was tweaked?

I leveled a Choppa shortly before going on a break, and thinking back i feel like i had a lot more fun charging into a blob of order vacuuming and spamming skills, than i ever had on slayer.
But i never really paid attention to that back then - i'll try to see if there's a difference in the future.

Ideally we need some kind of profiler tool to see what causes the bottleneck.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
wachlarz

Post#62 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Can devs lock how manny debufs on target we see? Or its personal setup ? I think 10 auras of 1 type on 1 target its not important info.

sighy

Post#63 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:56 pm

I encountered problems when having several BWs and fire pots on my screen, up to the point of crashing out of the game entirely.
Spoiler:
Grock wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:46 pm This has been a major issue for me for a long time and the main reason i avoid large scale and rarely participate in guild warbands.

This isn't caused by either addons or VFX - i always play with ability effects off, and i did a test on a fresh UI profile with zero addons multiple times.
It doesn't seem to be caused solely by zone population or player numbers in vicinity either (but might be affected by it) because its been happening to me in 6v6 scenarios and small engagements and because the issue only happens during the actual contact in a battle.

I blamed it on addons as well, so few months back during a particularly unplayable guild warband day i made a completely fresh default UI profile and switched my main to it (also restarted the game) and it made pretty much zero difference - i was still freezing during our fights with TUP
(also on multiple occasions i noticed that playing with default combat text causes much worse issues in large battles than WSCT addon)

I saw these fps spikes in 6v6 scenarios as well, i don't remember specific teams or compositions, but i am pretty sure it wasn't caused by MSH most of the time because the only MSH that i've seen was Ezi, and we only fought against him maybe two-three times.
While MSH might be related, the root of the problem likely lies elsewhere.

I suspect it might be associated with Status effect updates or associated GUI draw calls, as i noticed when i turn all effects off in Pure it seems to get a little bit better. (And similar issue happens when you target fort/keep boss) (also because i know there's a similar issue with Unity Engine where improperly managed GUI system can absolutely kill performance even on the best systems, IIRC the idea of it is that it redraws entire UI every time a single element is updated, so the load increases exponentially or sometihng like that)

Also I've been noticing that the freeze spike seem to happen when i use aoe attacs in a crowd of people. But now i'm not sure about that.
It could be caused by all the combat messages like damage, healing, etc?
But its unclear to me whats the difference between Order and Destro then
We use the same gear and mostly the same abilities, with few exceptions like melee SH

One last wild guess is it might be related to MSH Big Bouncing sound FX as i remember it was very loud originally, maybe something was botched when that was tweaked?

I leveled a Choppa shortly before going on a break, and thinking back i feel like i had a lot more fun charging into a blob of order vacuuming and spamming skills, than i ever had on slayer.
But i never really paid attention to that back then - i'll try to see if there's a difference in the future.

Ideally we need some kind of profiler tool to see what causes the bottleneck.
I think you're onto something. Destro currently has some differing views about what to do with BW/SL balls and some think that answer is stacking as many thorns/backlash effects as possible. So a WB, with 4 chosens running discordant aura, at least 2 Dire Shieldings, all the backlash tactics, Daemonic Chill and so forth effects could clog it up for you? For a single aoe you could easily have like 4-7 effects per person coming back at you.

kmark101

Post#64 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:51 pm

I mainly have big lag spikes under 2 circumstances:

- after mSH jumps in
- after blasting potions are being dropped, if more than 2x then game suddenly lags, what is strange it usually happens to the receiving party, so when I drop it I don't experience lag, but when they are dropped on me then I lag suddenly
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Grock

Post#65 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:05 pm

sighy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:56 pm I think you're onto something. Destro currently has some differing views about what to do with BW/SL balls and some think that answer is stacking as many thorns/backlash effects as possible. So a WB, with 4 chosens running discordant aura, at least 2 Dire Shieldings, all the backlash tactics, Daemonic Chill and so forth effects could clog it up for you? For a single aoe you could easily have like 4-7 effects per person coming back at you.
This is probably just one of the symptoms and the root of the problem goes deeper

I kinda feel as it has been better during the summer as i've been playing warbands and forts pretty often, but somewhere during autumn it becamse so bad that i couldn't play large scale anymore at all
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Valdranc187

Post#66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:55 am

The best Part is i get it while fighting So when there is a group of us (enemy too) then their team sends more over in clipping range i get the lag spike they kill me its really really fun trying to skrimish and having to try and stay at a range not to be eaten and then one guy from their spawn wonders in your direction and the whole game **** me in my ass in stead

yuaa2

Post#67 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:32 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm Just from T3 elf fighting;

Click here to watch on YouTube
Running effects on, and with various addons, which is normally not an issue at all (normal roaming 30-50fps, medium fight 20-30fps). Right until your "lag radar" encounters a +50 destro blob nearby with some meatballs stacked and your screen starts freezing from being within 200ft of them. Not even from dmg taken or done, but by just having them on your screen.

then compare above to this from Sorc POV with even more effects on + running more addons (only had to start reducing number of addons in use when playing on Order) There must some graphical effect that is causing massive framedrops, and it is somehow related to having 3-4 meatballs just pouncing at you and then encountering total loss of frames for 3-5seconds on various occasions.
lol he write about lag with working old miracle grow addon that laggy as hell

Evilest

Post#68 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 am

Groups are still using blast potions to lag people off in city.

Ads
AtlasShoved

Post#69 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:05 am Now without calling it worse or better on one realm, I have however heard several guilds who have played both sides state that playing on Order and facing destro, is notisable worse.
"Now without trying to frame this as a faction bias issue, I'm going to anecdotally suggest lag [caused largely by spaghetti code and engine limitations] is a faction bias issue."
-You, 2021

Arek4

Post#70 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am

All these inquiries about the ass are smashed. Why does nobody have the courage to write that when you are from the WB guild FMJ about 200 range (you do not see it yet) you already have lags. And when you are in the fight, you are frozen (ftps 3-4) and then you can only click "RESPAWN"
BTW.
I play BW I do not have such "effect" as I fight with other Destro players.
Draw your own conclusions, but I doubt that the players will change anything