Absurd lagspikes vs Destro lagbombs

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aurandilaz

Absurd lagspikes vs Destro lagbombs

Post#1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Just from T3 elf fighting;

Click here to watch on YouTube
Running effects on, and with various addons, which is normally not an issue at all (normal roaming 30-50fps, medium fight 20-30fps). Right until your "lag radar" encounters a +50 destro blob nearby with some meatballs stacked and your screen starts freezing from being within 200ft of them. Not even from dmg taken or done, but by just having them on your screen.

then compare above to this from Sorc POV with even more effects on + running more addons (only had to start reducing number of addons in use when playing on Order) There must some graphical effect that is causing massive framedrops, and it is somehow related to having 3-4 meatballs just pouncing at you and then encountering total loss of frames for 3-5seconds on various occasions.

Ads
Garner

Re: Absurd lagspikes vs Destro lagbombs

Post#2 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Man... you wouldn't survive a day playing from the NA.

Skullgrin

Post#3 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:09 am

Garner wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm Man... you wouldn't survive a day playing from the NA.

Heh, lag spikes are the norm when playing from NA on weekend days during EU primetime, although I do tend to see them more often when being singled out by a large group of opposing players all at once. didn't see that happening in the video, but here's a screenshot of what it looks like when that type of lag happens to me...

Dufftimer goes from nothing to a whole bunch of debuffs, I lag out for 3-5 seconds, and then I'm dead. I didn't see too many effects cast on you, however your friendly target had several and it might be related to that.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Toshutkidup

Post#4 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 am

I will look for videos from solo streams , but Ive had similar issues in 1v1 fights that when fight engages.. my frames drop from 60-99fps to single digits
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ototo

Post#5 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 am

Everyone dodging the issue and blaming it on your end even when you show a clear comparison... Must be related to the guild you specifically fight. Idk how they do that, but definitely there is WAY more lag in fights where they are part of, always. Maybe they cheese some skill to freak out the server response?
Spoiler:

Wdova

Post#6 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:45 am

[
Spoiler:
quote=Aurandilaz post_id=391328 time=1582151836 user_id=130]
Just from T3 elf fighting;

Click here to watch on YouTube
Running effects on, and with various addons, which is normally not an issue at all (normal roaming 30-50fps, medium fight 20-30fps). Right until your "lag radar" encounters a +50 destro blob nearby with some meatballs stacked and your screen starts freezing from being within 200ft of them. Not even from dmg taken or done, but by just having them on your screen.

then compare above to this from Sorc POV with even more effects on + running more addons (only had to start reducing number of addons in use when playing on Order) There must some graphical effect that is causing massive framedrops, and it is somehow related to having 3-4 meatballs just pouncing at you and then encountering total loss of frames for 3-5seconds on various occasions.
[/quote]
May I ask what is You PC setup?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wonshot

Post#7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:05 am

I'll chip in. So a few months back I made this clip as there was a night & day difference in my performance in a single clash, no extreme number of players involved and not too many effects. so i dove into the details and noticed that soon as the MSH Cooldown increaser hit me that was when my game started to stutter like crazy, and 08 sec into the clip as the effect faded off my game regained its performance. (granted i had more addons running back then such as WSCT and that addon is killing performance too)
https://www.twitch.tv/bomblingtv/clip/S ... &sort=time

An other eksample of the "inc lag" when your game starts loading abig ammount of players in a direction, usually when you enter a keep and theres 100s of players inside you feel the "load". In this case it was me turning around to a 1-3warband "inc lag" making the lag so bad i ran into a lamppost lol:
https://www.twitch.tv/bomblingtv/clip/S ... &sort=time

a 3rd sitution where I got some crazy frame drops to the extend where i lose control of my own manuvers and run into the bridge wall because the game is so choppy:
https://www.twitch.tv/bomblingtv/clip/R ... &sort=time

I have a pretty new and beast computer, able to play modern MMOs such as Black Desert online and do 50v50 battlegrounds on highest settings with no lag. But this game i feel i cant even have effects on because of these lagbombs you encounter in largescale, from different reasons it seems. Now without calling it worse or better on one realm, I have however heard several guilds who have played both sides state that playing on Order and facing destro, is notisable worse.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

geraldtarrant

Post#8 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:44 am

If y think this was absurd lag, you have seen nothing.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Ads
kirraha

Post#9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:47 am

Beafy computer means nothing on this server.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:54 am

kirraha wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:47 am Beafy computer means nothing on this server.
It's the game client, not the server. Live servers were hardly better on similar player numbers. The only difference was, that only one highly contested zone had lags and not all zones at once.
Dying is no option.