Recent Topics

Ads

Recent Patch Discussion, Shield Rework's and Weekend Events

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Exzarion11

Recent Patch Discussion, Shield Rework's and Weekend Events

Post#1 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:03 am

Hey everyone, made a video highlighting the key points of this weeks patch and I want to perhaps start some discussion to see how you guys feel about the weekend events? Do you guys think it's a good middle ground for all the new players that came in and are trying to stay on the server when the 2x event happened? Also I love the shield reworks implemented for the Warrior Priests and DoK's, hopefully we can get some unique models but only time will tell.

Full Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGnTcF ... dex=2&t=0s
Hey everyone :) I'm a content creator and you can follow me on my social media platforms below!

► Follow me!

TWITTER ► https://www.twitter.com/ExzarionTV
TWITCH ► https://www.twitch.tv/ExzarionTV
YOUTUBE ► https://t.co/VFohBjlgYz?amp=1

Ads
Starx

Re: Recent Patch Discussion, Shield Rework's and Weekend Events

Post#2 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:16 am

Weekend warfronts in no way shape or form compare to x2 events. However I think they are a nice addition to the game, reward structure is there but can be improved upon imo.

The main conflict here with these types of events, or rather the rate at which people progress at all is differences in game design/philosophy. Will speeding up progression or certain area of progression make the game better? Will it make more people play? Will it make people play more? etc...

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say leveling up to 40/40 is just a chore, and aside from hiding in mid tier scs it's downright not fun. 40/40 - 40/60 is a pretty enjoyable area, progression happens fast and just about every time you log on you at least have a chance to get an upgrade of gear. 60+ the invader and sov grind is event gated and ppl have said plenty on that subject.

x2 should just be "turned on" for every character under rr40 and permanently for career ranks.

People hit a wall when grinding for invader/royal and making alts easier to grind up to vanq tier would encourage a lot more people to play imo. Right now you probably have a pretty big group of players just not logging in at all until fort/city happens because the prospect of making an alt is just too much of a slog to bother with.
Spoiler:
Also really nice production on these videos they are great

Dinotron

Post#3 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:57 am

+1 everything Starx said.

All the Weekend Warfronts have done in my experience is highlight how terrible SC XP/RR is distributed for a lot of these scenarios. Scenarios where 99% of the time the loser gets 0XP/0RR should be reworked. Nothing makes me want to log off more than spending 15 minutes in a scenario where I get 340XP/200RR.

Majority of the time the WW even with the 50% bonus is still worse XP/RR on average over time than just doing another scenario in the rotation.

wonshot

Post#4 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:00 am

Alright two things,
Nice that someone picked up after us on the "Real(m) talk podcast to go over the patchnotes each week. Patches and changes are a big deal in the MMO genre and keeping up to date can be exhausting for most players. Going through them briefly and giving your own input is hopefully very helpful for some players, so thanks for making these!

Second of all, warfronts.
I personally think these are excelent and a better version of "2x events" hear me out:
During a two times event some players simple progress faster than what is good for them. Yes progression feels nice and hitting those gear & rank checkmarks by powergaming during a week(end) feels amazing. But the burnout is easy to spot in the week after a 2x event has concluded. The server pop is naturally lower, players are not playing as much or as focused.
Not only does the 2x event allow players to bypass gear sets and limmit the replayability of the available game content, they also dont put in enough time learning their new classes and might faster hit a wall of "welcome to Tier4!" where a WL will pounce on you before you remember your detaunt hotkey, or you havnt been grinding enough on your char you know what all of your own abilities do because you progressed too fast.

This is not the case for everyone ofc. But looking at the Warfront system, it is directly connected to PvPing. Some players used 2x event to run resources, kill monsters, do forts etc etc. for massive progression ticks without being much involved in even numbers fighting. YES, you might face a premade during these warfront events, and even in lower tiers! But this is not a bad thing overall, it promotes the multiplayer aspect of the MMOrpg genre and reward those who put in the extra time even to form a 2-2-2 no voicecom sc group.

PvP games are dangerous and selfhurting because naturally there has to be a losing side, Warfront being in the deep end of the pool is a step finally away from the too casual-catered approach on this server that has made assisting, grouping, and improving easily avoidable by winner joining or participation trohpy handouts.

(typing this after I just came out of a warfront scenario where I soloqueded and faced a premade who focused me with Champchallenge and killed my ass, and I am FINE with knowing thats on ME for not queueing with a team of my own!)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO