Recent Topics

Ads

Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
komar9220
Posts: 66

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#11 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:35 am
Grimfang wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:25 am
It was giving them back their intel steal dot. Its was op as hell on live to be able to spec defensively with wounds liniment as you had the intel steal along with the toughness hot. Theres a reason it was taken away.
It's not that, it's putting all of these together:
  • Roughly 75 int and 250 toughness for free
  • Permanent 25% run speed buff and 25% incoming damage reduction(even if you're actively hitting the target since it'll often reproc)
  • 2 detaunts in addition to the above
  • 2 HoTs + Crappy short cast heal + bubble + cleanse giving decent sustain
  • Puddle and knockback with slow
  • 3 DoTs + AP drain
  • Mechanic that synergizes very well with the second HoT. Simply having one extra useful healing skill makes maintaining the mechanic near neutral possible without wasting GCDs, which unlocks the option for a +25% flat damage/healing buff and life tap that's castable while moving with good skill management as shown here
  • Green midget that's able to hide in bushes and people assume is no threat :P
Putting all that together with good pots and what I assume is some slightly defensive talismans/renown points to hit 9k wounds produces what you see here - something that lives through most burst combos and is able to then able to blitz away with its 85% run speed advantage to heal and come back with DoTs. Another part of this is that a lot of players don't understand this build and are too trigger happy to stop hitting once the target is slowed to let other people catch up, leading to them just continuing to zip away.

Obviously this all goes out the window if a half decent healer shows up given no heal debuff, but it's still pretty sweet what this build is able to do.

Good heads up plays all around though, great usage of the mechanic/managing skill order and also on getting Scuse Me off while kiting with minimal distance loss. I did note that some of the kiting was slightly inefficient, but it obviously doesn't matter at the end of the day with the run speed buff.
i have full dps build, no def, only hardcore)
in some moments I really played badly when you kiting 3+ enemy, it's hard to keep track of everything
Last edited by komar9220 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best kotbs alive

Ads
komar9220
Posts: 66

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#12 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 am

Sarnai wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:00 am
Makes me physically angry to watch.


Good job.
ty man
I like kill wh: D
Best kotbs alive

XsorrowerX
Posts: 21

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#13 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 am

Ah, makes me miss my shaman on live. I used to enjoy the hell out of kiting multiple people like that. Trying to make squig hunter work this time around, think I'm a masochist. Much harder to kite and survive on ranged squig. Damage isn't any better either. At least there is heal debuff and melee spec for groups, even though I prefer ranged. Also have a magus for dots play, but I love gobbos, not glowy discs! Gah!

On the other hand, this infuriates me as someone with a WH alt. I know better though, I usually avoid shamans if they don't explode fast or try to be crafty. ;)

Sulorie
Posts: 4858

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#14 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 am

komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

i have full dps build, no def, only hardcore)
in some moments I really played badly when you kiting 3+ enemy, it's hard to keep track of everything
The gear is full dps but the spec is not, when you go for left and right path.
Dying is no option.

komar9220
Posts: 66

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#15 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 am

Sulorie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 am
komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

i have full dps build, no def, only hardcore)
in some moments I really played badly when you kiting 3+ enemy, it's hard to keep track of everything
The gear is full dps but the spec is not, when you go for left and right path.
I use the Dagreen abilities more, it's a hybrid, I don't want to lose sticky feet or silence because of reduced heal
Best kotbs alive

sogeou
Posts: 211

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#16 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm

fun video, this is a good showing of WHY the WL is in the current power level it is as nothing could kill this class, but WL's. I know I have stopped his fun many of times due to ranged root silence combo. Run speed tactic should be looked at to put in a 20 second internal cooldown along with removing proc on skill use. Until that happens WL will be needed.


I saw 15 shaman running around last night, so seems like everyone is enjoying them.

Sulorie
Posts: 4858

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#17 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 pm

komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 am
Sulorie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 am
komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

i have full dps build, no def, only hardcore)
in some moments I really played badly when you kiting 3+ enemy, it's hard to keep track of everything
The gear is full dps but the spec is not, when you go for left and right path.
I use the Dagreen abilities more, it's a hybrid, I don't want to lose sticky feet or silence because of reduced heal
Yeah, it's a hybrid spec and a very good one for solo roaming. :) Just wanted to correct the "full dps" statement, because quite often in several threads ppl call it (full) dps spec, while it is more about staying alive for the price of damage.
Dying is no option.

komar9220
Posts: 66

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#18 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:39 pm

sogeou wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm
fun video, this is a good showing of WHY the WL is in the current power level it is as nothing could kill this class, but WL's. I know I have stopped his fun many of times due to ranged root silence combo. Run speed tactic should be looked at to put in a 20 second internal cooldown along with removing proc on skill use. Until that happens WL will be needed.


I saw 15 shaman running around last night, so seems like everyone is enjoying them.
no white lion, that will kill me 1v1
Best kotbs alive

Ads
sogeou
Posts: 211

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#19 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:45 pm

komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:39 pm
sogeou wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm
fun video, this is a good showing of WHY the WL is in the current power level it is as nothing could kill this class, but WL's. I know I have stopped his fun many of times due to ranged root silence combo. Run speed tactic should be looked at to put in a 20 second internal cooldown along with removing proc on skill use. Until that happens WL will be needed.


I saw 15 shaman running around last night, so seems like everyone is enjoying them.
no white lion, that will kill me 1v1

Does not matter 1v1. I have seen many of times you trying this and get deleted just because they were there. Seen you M1'ed and killing in 3 seconds.

komar9220
Posts: 66

Re: Sco - solo roam (limited edition)

Post#20 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:59 pm

sogeou wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:45 pm
komar9220 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:39 pm
sogeou wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm
fun video, this is a good showing of WHY the WL is in the current power level it is as nothing could kill this class, but WL's. I know I have stopped his fun many of times due to ranged root silence combo. Run speed tactic should be looked at to put in a 20 second internal cooldown along with removing proc on skill use. Until that happens WL will be needed.


I saw 15 shaman running around last night, so seems like everyone is enjoying them.
no white lion, that will kill me 1v1

Does not matter 1v1. I have seen many of times you trying this and get deleted just because they were there. Seen you M1'ed and killing in 3 seconds.
10 sec trap and 100 foot range, though very strong for m1
Best kotbs alive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron