Recent Topics

Ads

WP 2h or chosen 2h? (video)

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bloodmasked

Re: WP 2h or chosen 2h? (video)

Post#21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 am

yoluigi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 am Stop saying DPS dok is better its not. Too much misinformation here.
It is i just wrote it earlier. There is a reason almost nobody play's this spec. Why you think there is more dps dok and almost no dps wp. Try playing your dps dok without pillage essence and devour essence and see how it goes. That extra 10% passive parry and 10% parry strikethrought makes a big differance. But hey i wont argue with you tell me how wp dps equal to dok dps. Go level a warrior priest and go dps at end game and tell me its as good as dps dok. Warrior priest dps is like 85% salvation 13%grace 2% dps (population). I can say in the general chat what is better dps dok or dps wp 100% people will say dps dok. I dont get the point of you saying otherwise it's just a fact.
I don't even use pillage essence when I go dps dok. Devour essence is not a major difference, it has a 20 second cooldown.

The only important difference between dps WP and DOK:

WP has 20% increased damage tactic for their dps tree abilities.

DOK however has a spammable on critical hit heal debuff, which is only situationally useful.

Overall in a city siege or end game pvp, I would prefer to be a DPS WP solely because of the 20% damage tactic.

Solo roaming is purely about a player's situational awareness. It hardly has anything to do with whether your class is 'viable' or better than DOK or not, solo roaming is not the place to test whether your class is useful in a team game. The reason a dps DOK would out perform a dps WP in solo roaming, is because that player is better at solo roaming.

When you solo roam, do you use 2.7k hp potions? 5% crit liniment? 1.8k officer potion? AP potions everytime your AP drops to zero? Do you detaunt on cooldown when 2v1ing? There are many factors that are linked purely to player skill and knowledge about the game including other classes which are the vast component to solo roam success.

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#22 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:04 am

"I can say in the general chat what is better dps dok or dps wp 100% people will say dps dok. I dont get the point of you saying otherwise it's just a fact."

This just goes to show you have zero game knowledge if you rely on opinions

Bloodmasked

Post#23 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 am

You are not asking "What can I do to improve" you are saying "Its unfair that I don't automatically win every 1v1 encounter"

sharpblader

Post#24 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:53 am

yoluigi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 am This should answer your questions.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Obviously it's a joke but kinda true at the same time lol.
Sorry to be a spoilsport but that chosen build no longer exists as I believe they were using Discordant Winds tactic.

DPS WP/DoK biggest and most obvious weakness is that they need to keep doing damage to survive and are easily countered by high avoidance, Confusing Movements, Absorb, interrupts and kiting.

komar9111

Post#25 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 am

detrap wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 am
jonspidy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 am
detrap wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 am

If you are talking about OYG, it wasn't nerfed, it was fixed. Reflect build is still great, it just gets a bit tedious when there's more than two mdps.

Also it's hard for any melee class to solo another half decent player with detaunt and cc.
Wasn't shield of the sun also nerfed so that it only reflected melee dmg?
No it wasn't, and it's buffed by the sunfury tactic if you have space to slot it.
unfortunately this is so, the sun shield after the nerf has gkd

mekal

Post#26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 am Stop saying DPS dok is better its not. Too much misinformation here.
this guy gets it the whole dok is better at dps is from live it not even close on ror atm
yoluigi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 am It is i just wrote it earlier. There is a reason almost nobody play's this spec. Why you think there is more dps dok and almost no dps wp. Try playing your dps dok without pillage essence and devour essence and see how it goes. That extra 10% passive parry and 10% parry strikethrought makes a big differance. But hey i wont argue with you tell me how wp dps equal to dok dps. Go level a warrior priest and go dps at end game and tell me its as good as dps dok. Warrior priest dps is like 85% salvation 13%grace 2% dps (population). I can say in the general chat what is better dps dok or dps wp 100% people will say dps dok. I dont get the point of you saying otherwise it's just a fact.
you see less because people are sheep if you have actually played a 80 dok and 80 wp with TODAYS nerfs/buffs you would quickly realise wp is much stronger guilty soul +20% damage snare on demand HD on demand

side note to OP could you pick a more bs comparison video this is why people dont take balance threads serious

oaliaen

Post#27 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:30 pm

So you compare a Healing class to a tank just cause they are using 2h dps spec... hmm /rolleyes

Bloodmasked wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 am You are not asking "What can I do to improve" you are saying "Its unfair that I don't automatically win every 1v1 encounter"
Its just the way they know better ...

wildwindblows

Post#28 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm

yoluigi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 am This should answer your questions.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Obviously it's a joke but kinda true at the same time lol.
Play a dps class if you want damage properly. If a 2h dps or 2h healer class hits like a dps class, we can start to discuss class balance. 2H chosen was nerfed after this video btw :)

Ads
jughurta69

Post#29 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

The problem is not the WP dps but the Tank dps.
Heal dps are support dps , because can heal , cure , hot , have more Defensive abilities etc... not solo play

in theory is the same for Tank dps , tank can taunt, challenge , guard , moral, lot of debuff ( aura , shout etc...)

For my part, I think

RoR is RvR not PvP you can't balance each class vs mirror but the faction . you can't balance range with melee , support with real dps etc... each his role

when range kill faster than melee is a problem , when range can stun lock without mechanic is a problem , when heal dps have more burst than dps is a problem etc..

vastou

Post#30 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Dude, this specc of chosen is dead couples of weeks ago, they totale delete the 2 handed spec. I advise you to check the date of released video you use to make a meme.

But you are aware than 2 handed BO & SM hits harder.