Recent Topics

Ads

WH gank/guide

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hienzwar

Re: WH gank/guide

Post#21 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 am

Great vid Mdpv,

I think the way you have developed this playstyle is really good, adds an interesting place in wh builds as counters certain class mechanics beautifully.

Personally I avoid repost and regen as enjoy overwhelming force of burst but this is tempting!

Keep it up

Ads
reynor007

Post#22 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 am

Hienzwar wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 am Great vid Mdpv,

I think the way you have developed this playstyle is really good, adds an interesting place in wh builds as counters certain class mechanics beautifully.

Personally I avoid repost and regen as enjoy overwhelming force of burst but this is tempting!

Keep it up
thank you, I never used ripost myself, and my last build with the bal was probably the most effective
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

kryss

Post#23 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Excellent job, as always.
The build is very good, I am running a more aggressive variant with 4 triumphant/2senti/3 sov, all str talis to reach str cap with no BF and a +100 pot. Sometimes I switch to 3 senti, 3 triumph and 3 sov for even more wounds. It works really well against a variety of targets.

Overall, though, I feel I am more comfortable with the good old duelist spec with 6 sove 3 senti for bal, som, rb, etc.. not saying it's better than healing bullets, just that is better suited for my usual playstyle and "idea" of witchunting :)

BTW Second, the Bal variant is still with sancti bullets? If so, do u drop SoM? I always hate losing an excellent defensive/aggressive tool like that one

diegomess

Post#24 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Its like fighting a tank that is using perma recovery potions with all the WH dueling and escaping potential, i like different playstyles on classes it makes them interesting but this bullets should be toned down if you have that many wounds its way too oppressive to play against
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Warcub

Post#25 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm

reynor007 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:02 pm
Click here to watch on YouTube

str 1010
parry penetration 15%
parry 31%
wounds 10,3k
(4vanq/3invader or 3vanq/4invader), ravac back, 3 genesis
crit chance 8%
chance of getting crit damage 0%
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4367,4356

ask questions about the build
write against which classes you would like to analyze the battle or against which players)
Man I really want to see the build, but for me the link doesnt work. Can anyone tell me the build, or provide a working link?

Thanks!

Detangler

Post#26 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:26 pm

This is proof that WH doesn't need to run HP regen - they get way more than enough self heal to outlast 2+ enemies spamming finishers with heal bullets and flowing accusations.

Such a broken OP build in its current form. Good on you for figuring it out and exploiting it to its fullest, tho. Tip of the hat to ya.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

reynor007

Post#27 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 am

Warcub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm

str 1010
parry penetration 15%
parry 31%
wounds 10,3k
crit chance 8%

write against which classes you would like to analyze the battle or against which players)
Man I really want to see the build, but for me the link doesnt work. Can anyone tell me the build, or provide a working link?

Thanks!
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2993,8121
this is the latest build, starts working when you have 30+ crits
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Warcub

Post#28 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:10 pm

reynor007 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 am
Warcub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm

str 1010
parry penetration 15%
parry 31%
wounds 10,3k
crit chance 8%

Thanks!
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2993,8121
this is the latest build, starts working when you have 30+ crits
Perfect! Thank you MDPV! <3

Ads
Detangler

Post#29 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Watching this vid makes you wonder why Witch Elf kisses have a 1 second internal cooldown, yet flowing accusations has nothing. WH self healing when the dice rolls your way is ridiculously OP...

A 3 second ICD seems reasonable. Or a return to original heal values on bullets and kisses.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Fenris78

Post#30 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:43 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm Watching this vid makes you wonder why Witch Elf kisses have a 1 second internal cooldown, yet flowing accusations has nothing. WH self healing when the dice rolls your way is ridiculously OP...

A 3 second ICD seems reasonable. Or a return to original heal values on bullets and kisses.
Technically FA got a 1.5 icd, wich is equal to the GCD.
And procs only applying to finishers is making the WH forced to take this tactic to be remotely effective with the class mechanic, while WE can use much variety of builds and tactics because kisses are just free procs everytime.

In reality, WH need to be either glass cannon to have enough burst and DPS (full renown in crit chances, full str talismans), wich also mean he need the blessed blade tactic to have any sort of decent ArPen from this ridiculous 300 WS in BiS gear, or maybe slightly more tanky by speccing defensive, without any sort of meaningful damage.

WH is completely dependant upon RNG gods, because he needs constant critical hits + constant finishers to get any meaningful burst.

Even after that, in the best of worlds, I still got an awfully low DPS and burst from about every spec I tested, with BiS gear and maxed out STR + crits.
Like 20-22 seconds taking down a construct (18-19s at best when RNG Gods are with me), while my SW will do 24s in skirmish, 16s average in Assault.

I dont think any good BiS WE can do this bad, and they dont even need to use finishers every 2 skills or so... :/