Recent Topics

Ads

[RP][Empire] The Griffon's Fire

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jsnen

[RP][Empire] The Griffon's Fire

Post#1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:51 pm

It was just a battle like a hundred others - another fort under siege by the ruinous powers, another desperate band of defenders. The Order of the Griffon, drawn from across the Empire and beyond, was present. Their disparate nature had however become a source of much internal friction and distrust. The Sigmarites and the Myrmidian Knights of the Blazing Sun looked ill on each other, the Witch Hunters’ natural suspicion towards magic caused tension between them and the Wizards of the Bright College, and throughout the army there were contending fractions and cliques.

On one wall stood such a motley collection of knights, priests, witch hunters and wizards. In a moment of calm, they all stood in silence, awaiting the coming storm on the fort. Just then, a voice spoke up, a stray thought given voice as if by accident: “We’re all a flamey bunch, aren’t we?”.

The defenders looked among and upon themselves, seeing all around the symbols of flame and fire on their armor and robes; whether it was the blazing sun of Myrmidia or the twin tails of Sigmar’s comet or the burning runes of Aqshy, all carried some imagery of fire and flame. The casual remark and this discovery of common ground cause a laughter to erupt among the defenders, relieving the tension between them. Then the horns of the enemy were sounded, signalling the assault.

For whatever reason, the enemy was repelled and those men and women who had stood and laughed and fought together all survived. With all enmity between them extinguished, they had put up an ardent and united defense against the true enemy - finding a fellowship in the flames.

Thus was forged The Griffon’s Fire, a companionship within the Order of the Griffon. At first made up of those surviving defenders and going by various nicknames - the Fiery Companions, the Burning Brothers or, simply, the Flamey Bunch - they eventually started attracting others, who admired their comraderie and ardour in fighting the dark forces.

Not an organized fighting unit and with no formal leadership, it was simply a band of brothers in arms, often forming smaller mixed groups as part of the war effort, coming and going as they want and need. Any were welcome who wished to wield the fire against the dark powers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Griffon's Fire* is an attempt at creating an RP-guild for all players of the Empire. The guild is not yet formed and this is mainly to see if there is interest. If there is, I will attempt to get the guild started ASAP. The text above is just my bid at reconciling the disparate Empire classes and name is not important and is subject to change if anybody has a better idea.

It is an Empire guild, but there will be no other restrictions on class or playstyle or appearance or character background - except perhaps a wish to fight the forces of Destruction and preserve humanity and the Empire. Furthermore, as the guild is about companionship, anti-social characters are maybe not a good idea.

This is not an order or a regiment or an army and there will be no uniform or ranks. The goal is first and foremost to create a free environment for RP, whatever character you want to be, however you want to do it; RvR, PvE, in a tavern or something entirely other. The focus in not on big, planned events with lots of people and coordination, but to enable RP at any level and on any scale.

The aim is to be 'leaderless' - meaning that anybody can organize or initiate events - but I will be taking the early administrative leadership. This is solely out-of-character, in roleplay I will simply be a companion as everybody else.

If this sounds interesting, feel free to contact me either here on the forums, in this thread or by PM, or in-game at Zeverein - if I'm not online, send me a letter or add me as a friend.
Zeverein von Jahnburg - Knight of the Blazing Sun 40/40

Ads
CzarRedwall

Re: [RP][Empire] The Griffon's Fire

Post#2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 pm

The Flamey Bunch sounds like a tv show for toddlers.

Gl with this. It's a good idea to have something that plans to incorporate all Empire roleplayers under one banner.

MeatlessPage

Post#3 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Looks pretty good. You've clearly put a lot of effort and thought into this. I would join, but I'm already busy with other characters, so. I do hope the best for you.

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 am

Witchhunter/Pistoleer Warband Event, this Friday 23.03.2017, 9pm Altdorftime.

Please look here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20559&p=226267#p226267