Recent Topics

Ads

Chaos Roleplay! Does it happen?

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Str2

Re: Chaos Roleplay! Does it happen?

Post#11 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:30 pm

@ilyana1965
I am glad to see you here "ilyana1965" :)
Yes, please post your character name and we can group IG.

@Sejanus
Sorry my english is not so good.
May I ask you the meaning of "I have a Chaos Undivided guild", please ?

I agree Universal Chaos God is a good way to start a Chaos Role Play Guild.

As you know my character name is "kalebdaark".
Feel free to contact me IG.
Just to try to make low level groups and to level up together :mrgreen:

To whom is interested in Chaos Role Play Guild continue to post after :mrgreen:

++ IG

Ads
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:27 pm

If you ask me, you don't need a guild or a character background to roleplay.

I just replace certain words in phrases with thematically correct alternatives (for example, "Goddamnit all to hell!" becomes "Tzeentchdamnit all to the warp!") and i am game.

Also, constantly say out loud about how much you want Chaos God-Senpai to notice you.
Being noticed by senpai is your only goal in life.
Last edited by TheSockPuppet on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Str2

Post#13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi TheSockPuppet,

I agree Role Play can by done lonely handwritten.
But i think, it is more fun, if we play in group and/or maybe warband but I don't know it the meaning IG, yet.

Please find below some screens I took tonight when I played some quests.
The lands are so beautifull !
I am sure stories can be quite enhanced by some pictures :mrgreen:

Kalebdaark standing by with black smoke of a previous fight ...

Kalebdaark defeating an army of poor imperial guard under an almost full moon !

I am level 10 now, if someone want to join for quest and story, I logon the evening starting 9pm/9.30pm.

Sorry for my english which is not my mother tongue.
++ IG

PS : does someone know how to remove the brown square on the middle of the screen for emotes ?

Tykros

Post#14 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:39 am

The only way to accomplish "good" rpgmoments on MMO's is by organizing BOTH a des and an order guild. And preferably 2 on each side, a PC-guild (A-Guilds) and a NPC-guild (B-Guilds).

How I see it:
A-Guilds
- Race/theme/God specific
- Each Guild is run (GuildLeaders) by an ST (StoryTeller > to not to confuse with "GM" in ROR) who is part of the ST-Team (STT) that puzzle storylines, using the tools/players they have.
- If this set-up would seem to work (again, start small), more people can/will join, creating and ST-ing new Guilds. Together they eventually will form an alliance, etc etc...
B-Guilds
- Each side only has 1 of these and stand apart from Alliances made between AG's
- All races/classes are welcome, even non rpgers
- Function = supporting storylines for A-guilds
- Can be used to recruit new people and/or form new AG's

Simple example on how it would go ingame:
Chaos Tzeentzch Guild has a rpg-event (an ingame discussion/meeting on subject/storyline X), somewhere in a hidden corner in a Emp/Chaos zone. This event is posted on the guild kalender incl, time/date, and maybe extra rules (like "flag yourself for rvr in pve- zone" and /say only etc)
The Sigmar Guild has on the same time/date also an event. They have received a secret letter from Witchhunter NPC X hinting about a possible secret meeting. They also have event-rules.
The Des-NPC guild also has an event on that time/date, again with extra ingame rules and probably open for only some races/classes, let's say Gobo's only, from a random NPC-tribe passing by (or something). They will represent a "random encounter" like we all know them from other forms of roleplay.

Off course, this is all just theory and as far as I know it has never been tried before, at least not on WAR/ROR by my knowledge. Imo: rolepay = ST. Yes, you can go and run around and do some character-stuff but the real experience in RPG's are the storylines. The unexpected event, or the good guy that turned out to be the bad guy etc etc. Something that can't be achieved if there is no-one to create and coördinate.

Other random thoughts on this subject.
- There is no THE Warhammer world. As I always tell people who join for tabletop RP's: every GM/ST has his/her vision and interpretation of a fantasy world/setting. GM's/ST's develop a certain style and POV over time and not every GM is compatible with every PC's style and/or vision on the world/setting. In the end, ST's always have the final word.
- Also, ST's have no environmental control like they do in a tabletop. ST's can't put in an extra rock as an obstacle or create a ritualroom to discover. As ST's aren't GM's in MMO's, a minor coöperation between the 2 would be highly recommended.
For exemple: ST has an NPC Warrior Priest of Sigmar running. The irl person also has a secret Zealot that's he's been building. If ST's could arrange that WP X can change his name to Zealot Y after "the big betrayal-scene" and form a new A-Guild on Des side, the story could go to new limits and possibilities. Skinns and guilds and banners and other cosmetic shizzle all help to form a (group-)identity, something that is more important to RPGers than for others. To make a very long story very short: GM's have tools ST's need.
In case of ROR: Just put the LST (Lead-ST) in the Dev's/GM team and co-op.
- Use the NPC-guilds as a recruitmentplace to form new PC-guilds. You can even use a dedicated NPC/player who is a main bad guy to form his own Guild with others and let it grow (semi-)organically. If it would grow and become a success, try to see/create your Guild-identity as a player-identity on a table-top or that group of players in a LARP.

I could go on with ideas and examples but I think you all see what my POV on the subject is.

Cheers!

Elftwin95

Post#15 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:57 am

I wish you all the best of luck, the Eternal Host is in dire need of worthy foes to slay. ;) We would also be very much interested in RP-Pvping in a Pve zone :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Glorian

Post#16 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:28 am

Elftwin95 wrote:I wish you all the best of luck, the Eternal Host is in dire need of worthy foes to slay. ;) We would also be very much interested in RP-Pvping in a Pve zone :)
Aye. Setup a date and time in a zone and we can bash each other in racial warbands. Also if one side is woefully in too much numbers we will find means of balancing it.

Meaning if we do it in t1 we could have one side xrealm some players that we have an even fight. In t2-T4 we can't do it easily as most of us are Order only players.

Str2

Post#17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:08 pm

@Tykros : Good explanation and detail of how to see the situation :)
What is the meaning of a PC-guild and a NPC-guild, please ?
The first objectif because I agree like you is to find characters to start to know each other.
It could be good if each post complete by the character name and his level ?

On my side I don't see any character in game who I can play with :
- to busy there are I guess,
- or I am too young

Neverless, tonight after one week I play now, I could group with a zealot for some good parties :)

And we move quite far together, close to a huge imperial fortress to defeat soldiers of the order

I wish I can bring more characters to start growing up at the same level
Still 10 for me
++ IG

maroontom

Post#18 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Glorian wrote:
Elftwin95 wrote:I wish you all the best of luck, the Eternal Host is in dire need of worthy foes to slay. ;) We would also be very much interested in RP-Pvping in a Pve zone :)
Aye. Setup a date and time in a zone and we can bash each other in racial warbands. Also if one side is woefully in too much numbers we will find means of balancing it.

Meaning if we do it in t1 we could have one side xrealm some players that we have an even fight. In t2-T4 we can't do it easily as most of us are Order only players.
I think that it isn't just RvR-RP the RP guilds should do, and I don't believe that this is all Kaleb wishes to do, when I was an officer in Knight's Panther we did an RP event, that I believe is still on the Order guilds discussions on the forums, and it was entirely storyline driven, and I believe it was more interesting than any event in Lake shouting the occasional RP slag out.

It was a storyline that spanned about three events over consecutive weeks, and went thusly:

-Week I, Group found something rotten in Praag, and tried to help defeat Chaos in Praag, culminated in killing a Lord of Change.

-Week II, Group finds Nikoli a Kislevite merchant connected to a plot we previously discovered.

-Week III, Group destroyed the taint, eminating from the observatory in Reikland.

Erhart acted as a Story-Teller, with several Officers and myself acting as supporting roles, such as Nikoli the Merchant. I also have experience with this kind of RolePlay, having been a Senior Admin on three Mount & Blade: Warband RP Servers, and for some people I know it is very enjoyable. But it does take a lot more organisation than an RvR Event where one shouts slogans around such as: "Blood for the Blood God, skulls for the skull throne!", and, "Take heart men of Stirland!".

So as a suggestion, I wouldn't like to suggest that Kaleb's guild should only do RvR-RP, I'd suggest trying to get to know your own character more intimately, making a background, and trying to RolePlay it to the letter, with other like minded people, this way I believe ones experience can be far more interesting in the Warhammer world as a RolePlayer, and also can be far more enjoyable for the guild.
Main Character:
Celekagar Rubendorff - WH - 40/70+ - Former Stirland Militia First Captain,

Ads
Mystriss

Post#19 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:06 am

While it was in another game, one of my RP guilds had a somewhat similar event. Though in this case the ending of the tale wasn't planned. My guild was tasked to fetch a prisoner who'd been freed/rescued by the other guild. We fought a true pvp fight and then continued the RP story based on the results of the fight. In fact, my minion and I ultimately stole/kidnapped the rescued prisoner - intent to use him for my own plans heh

CzarRedwall

Post#20 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 am

The guilds really have to communicate and coordinate together to get something done. Opposite sides don't have to fight all the time either.