Recent Topics

Ads

The Inter-Realm RolePlay Project

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Senlui

Re: The Inter-Realm RolePlay Project

Post#21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:55 pm

It will be fantastic to bring in some rivalry to play here, and weave our stories together, Drengk!

Ads
Knurrbart

Post#22 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 pm

To my experience (back in WoW days though...) RP-RvR events rarely turned out to be pleasant for all involved. More PvP oriented players may show up, battle rage at both sides raises and what was supposed to be continued with some more RP ends in an imbalanced slaughtery for the rest of the evening.
For players attempting with T1 RP-only characters (Bar maid, barb, merchant, fair magician, riddle poser...) the fun ends instantly and can be very frustrating.

I think one regular event (tavern, market...) shall take place in an secure place, easy for everyone to reach.

Of course other events (like that "trader track") can involve battles. Like skirishes to eliminate enemy while traveling, ambushes and a big final battle after the main RP event.
Knurrbart - as harumphy as a dwarf can be
Arkha - as old as a dwarf can be
Njoerda - as triggerhappy as a dwarf can be

Elftwin95

Post#23 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:29 pm

I very much like the sound of all this, would be very fun to be able to get some roleplaying going for everyone :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Draugris

Post#24 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Knurrbart wrote:To my experience (back in WoW days though...) RP-RvR events rarely turned out to be pleasant for all involved. More PvP oriented players may show up, battle rage at both sides raises and what was supposed to be continued with some more RP ends in an imbalanced slaughtery for the rest of the evening.
Maybe try to make the event in a locked zone so no other players are there, not making public where it is may also help to not get disturbed.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Shalktonin

Post#25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 am

Kragg wrote:
Senlui wrote:
Noergl wrote:The part about "claiming a tavern as our own", now that will show rather difficult if were around and could lead to some smashed kneecaps :lol: .
Would make for a fun battle at some point, hmm?! ;)
I was pondering to ask you to help run it. :mrgreen:
Should hav lots of experience to run something like that considering all the running experience they have when they are running away.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene