Recent Topics

Ads

Ildriyal-Backstory

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Elftwin95

Ildriyal-Backstory

Post#1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 pm

"Justice is for the victim, Vengeance is for the surviver" And none knew that truth better then Narilna. An ancient and largely forgotten hero of the early days of the Sundering, Narilna's past ruled her future. Her house all but hunted to extiction, and those whom survived swore oaths of filiality to the Witch King, Malekith.

All safe for Narilna. She and her brother Bel-Therhon remained loyal to the true rules of Ulthuan. Bel-Therhon was a mage and a scholar of no small skill whom was wise beyond his years and prone to deep thoughts and reclusiveness. Narilna on the other hand was everything but. She wished for vengeance and justice, to hunt the newly named Druchii until no more walked nor drew breath in the world. To that end, she sought the aid of the Gods.

She, like all the other sons and daughters of Nagarythe knew of Alith Anar, the Shadow King. She sought the aid of the Cadai for help in her crusade against the Dark Elves. Yet..the Cadai did not heed her prayers. Isha did not answer, nor her hunting consort and father of the elves, Kurnous. She implored Lileath and even mighty Asuryan. All in vain.

Dejected and seemingly spurrned by the Gods of the Heavens, she sought the help of the Cytharai, the Gods of the Underworld.

The deity whom answered her prayers was Anath Raema, the Savage Huntress. It is said she appeared before Narilna in all her terrible glory,with her belt of heads and hands about her with the drums of the hunt pounding in the air and a mist of red about the dark and blooded spear. she held. "Thoust whom have cried for aid, what is thy wish? What does thou seek?" asked the goddess to the maiden. "A weapon, oh great mistress of the hunt, to slay the Druchii which have taken so much."

Anath Raema gave a wicked grin at hearing the request and said "Has the Wolf of the Heavens forsaken thee, little one? What of his bitch? Does she not hear thy weeping? Thy anguish?" Narilna fell silent for a moment before replying "The Cadai does not hear me, no matter my gifts lying heavily and in abundance on their altars."

The goddess threw back her head and laughed, blood flowish from her mouth amids jagged teeth to splatter on her naked chest.
"So thou implore me, the Queen of the Savage Hunt for aid,hmm, thoust are brave, little one."
Anath Raema fell silent for a moment before asking "What weapon would be thy choice? A spear like my own? Or something else?" fixing the she-elf with a slitted pupil.

"A great bow, dear lady. One that makes wounds that heeds no healing and who's arrows are jagged and sharp" The goddess nodded and took a branch from a black and twisted yew tree closeby. The branch coiled and shudderer and before long the branch was made into the body of a warbow. Anath Raema presented the weapon to Narilna. "But, great lady, there is no string?" said the maiden. "Thoust have hair, does thy not? or would thou spurn the gift of a goddess?"
was her answer and a fel light had at that moment entered Anath Raemas's eyes. Narilna courteously took the bow and gave the goddess her thanks. ""Beware I say" said the Savage Huntress "My price in heads and hands shall be kept. Hunt as you will but *never* forget thy due to me!

Narilna swore upon the soil of Ulthuan that she would keep her due. And so she did indeed..

She wove a bowstring of her own ravendark tresses until her mane of hair that had once been so full and long, now only reached to her shoulders. Her arrows sang and howled as they struck the Druchii she hunted. The first to fall would be her remaining relatives whom had thrown in their lot with Malekith.

Narilna became known as a huntress of almost unnatural skill. But she also became a symbol of unchecked savagery, unbecoming of an Asur..
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Ads