Recent Topics

Ads

Which do you prefer? Opinions Requested

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Conchobair

Which do you prefer? Opinions Requested

Post#1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:45 am

I've been battling a decision and I feel I should pick some brains to see what their opinion would be.

Backstory TL:DR: The character I play watched as his family and tribe were burned alive and is haunted by these memories. Since that day he's lost his sense of color and sees the world in greyscale.

Now as I Livestream his adventures as if, you the viewer were one of the spirits of his fallen clan, do you think I should immunlate his vision on camera (low saturation) or should it be in full color?

Through his journey color is reintroduced through intense emotion and I figure that might be cinematically pleasant.

So what would you suggest? Color or Greyscale?

Example of Conchobair Vision: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311939790
Example of Without: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311569959
Conchobair the Witch Hunter
Homepage | Twitch.tv | Twitter | Facebook

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Re: Which do you prefer? Opinions Requested

Post#2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Interesting artistic descision, if you are going to go all out with video edditing - here are some ideas you may find of use:
- make greyscale a bit darker, as it is looks pretty bright imo.
- as you've said intense emotions are affecting his colorblindness you could do this - every time he is in fight he regains a little of colour as enemy health drops down, as he feels joy of revenge and retribution, when enemy dies he regains full colour for several seconds and then drop back to greyscale as emotion wears off.

Lemonmor

View first unread post

Post#3 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:36 pm

When you are logged in, beside you avatar is says "Show unread post since last visit." That's the one I use.