Recent Topics

Ads

NA RP Guilds

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kwatchi
Suspended

NA RP Guilds

Post#1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:03 pm

My gaming group (of old farts) were gabbing and the topic turned to this server. The RP single race guild concept, such as the Bitterstone 3rd, was something we all agreed was great. Problem of course is we’re in NA, so E.U. prime time is middle of the work day for us.

So I figured I’d ask: are there any active single race North American (EST) guilds?
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
Zaxxond

Re: NA RP Guilds

Post#2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 am

Drow is an RP guild. They are NA Destro and they RP like teenagers on a Friday night going to the mall to hang out at Hot Topic. They also are huge Billie Eilish fans.

footpatrol2

Post#3 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 am

There's been single race guilds in the past that played NA that did decently.

Glorian

Post#4 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:57 am

The concept works, but I would suggest to hang on one of the existing guilds like Eternal Host (High Elves), oder us (Bitterstone Thunderers, Dwarfs), or the Khar Khadar Regiment (Dark Elves). Or the Freebootaz (Orc scum).

Even if you are primtime NA as most of these guilds have also players from both timezones.
And most guilds would love if someone takes initiative and says: Hey, Friday this and this NA time there will be roleplay there and there. And on the Weekends you will have plenty of overlapping timezones.

In the Thunderers we run Snipersquads on Saturday EU Morning, meaning we have allways a bunch of late night NAs online at that time. Or when you run T1 groups in the middle of a weekend day.

Roleplay is nice and good, but in RoR you also need to get out sometimes and kill stuff, and for that a guild with numbers in an established alliance, or structure is allways a boon.

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks for 2 of the 3 answers... I think. :)

I have seen both Bitterstone and Freebootaz tag/lfg spam in Tier 1, though they are hardly a frequent sight. I guess becoming a small NA arm of an existing guild is a possibility.

For the record, we’re not RP’ers so much as we liked the idea of a common ethos (!pompous word alert!). None of us are going to be top tier pvp, so a substandard party makeup was never an issue - might as well look good dying then.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

GpuBW
Banned

Post#6 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:20 pm

best NA RP guild is ICONIC: they used to roleplay by pretending to be a good sixman.

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:49 am

GpuBW wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:20 pm best NA RP guild is ICONIC: they used to roleplay by pretending to be a good sixman.
Made my day. :lol:

kauyon1

Post#8 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Hey Kwatchi.

I have a NA Light-RP Dwarf Guild that I want to breath life back into. We've had a couple of resurgences but NA gets hit really hard when populations slow down. If you are interested, let me know. Happy to throw some officer privileges to the group.

Clan Ironbeard.

Almost level 30 guild. Have plenty of leveling talismans in the bank.
Not really an RP, just enjoy RP based names.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Good to hear Kauyon. I see the group tomorrow night and I’ll be sure to let them know.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x