Recent Topics

Ads

Role play status of the server.

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
doombane

Re: Role play status of the server.

Post#11 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 am

Asherdoom wrote:i wanna join ya i got 6 years role-play exp in wow retail and here i cannot resist! i am playing chosen level 12 Scarnavax in game what time are u? i am in gmt-3hrs! hope to see ya i will wisp in game if possible!! :D
I am Arizona time. I will message you asap!!

Ads
NeneEilserv

Post#12 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 am

doombane wrote:Thank you for your support! A lot of small role playing communities like ours typically have problems with the larger community trolling or harassing. It's pretty awesome to see you guys being so welcoming to the idea.
Witches Blessings.
I couldn't agree more with this response.

As a player, I came from a live community server that was indeed largely "trolling" AND "harrassing" towards other players that preferred to game their gaming time differently. As an end result, the role-playing community shrunk greatly into small hidden communities and away from the vast amount of dedicated RVR players.
You were shunned upon by elitests and bullies for spending time in the forbidden areas known as the "PVE" areas and called stupid and lame often when exercising role-play in an open chat channel. Often their ruling was that everyone must commit and abide to the game and the RVR structure, sizing those that don't shouldn't play at all.
To say that my server was a terrible place is actually wrong, but those that troll are often heard the loudest and hurt the most!

To this I argue, this is "Warhammer" and was always meant to have a community that was dedicated to that fact alone. This means that this game was always meant to attract those that love the idea to roleplay their character/s in a form that isn't a tabletop or a DM structured game. This MMO was always going to be attractive to those that wanted to roleplay "Warhammer" and not something like "WoW" for those that weren't interested in that.

Back on 'live' and traveling around in some of the PVE areas as "Nene" on my Cold One Mount, I would sometimes find the odd person on the road or in a PVE Chapter Camp and running about busy. Sometimes I would ask politely if they were quest-taking or simply exploring, some of the answers didn't surprise me in the least. I found a common answer to be, "Because I love the storyline". A couple would even state honestly that they had never set foot into an RVR lake, because they didn't play to be competitive.

I strongly believe everyone has the RIGHT to play this game anyway he/she wants to. I personally play it for all its aspects. I have nothing against those that play this for it's RVR only, I'm only against others telling me how I should play and that goes for anyone else.

My point is, roleplaying is very much apart of the fan-base, whether you like where Games Workshop is going with it's new storylines or not. This MMO did have a large community for its roleplay once upon a time on the live servers, it now seems to me that that could be possible again with all this talk about it.
It is my sincere wish to wish you all a success with this.

It was my hope back in Oct/Nov 2014 when we had a small dedicated community here, that something like this would come to pass. The players then exercised role-play freely when there wasn't any RVR hardly at all and that was because I found, most players were also fans of "Warhammer" and despite a much more incomplete alpha game at that time, they were here just for that reason of being in WAR Online! It wasn't just some MMO game that happened to have some great RVR, it was more than that, to them and me.

About me ...
I understand the dedication that RVR players have towards RVR and support it, I also see the neccessity of the dedication in keeping the battle going and support this largely also. I never did "not" support it! ;)
This game for me is about all its riches and wonders, WAR is at its best personally when you play with the right people. I applaud and cutsey towards this effort of role-play planning and wish it success.
For me though ... participation via a role-play thread is something I may not be taking part in though, I'm sorry to say. Role-play via game though is something I would do.

My reason is, time mostly!
When I have spare time, I am somewhat of an amateur writer. I write about my witch elf and feel I won't have much to show on a role-play thread that doesn't otherwise spoil my personal work. In-game though, that isn't really an issue so much. Writing for me is hard to do and takes alot of my spare time, but my personal goal is to one day gain ground with it and write something far more serious. Something that isn't copyright in selling of course! :lol:
My witch is my inspiration too in writing my current efforts, but I will not share ideas or the stories on an open community forum. That reason too is because this is an open forum and will not like to be held responsible for minors reading the themes of sex and violence! I will not do that, nor will I ever.

Regardless, I am the Guild Leader of <Brides> and co-run the Guild with "Naraes". She and <Brides> are interested too in these ideas and are watching with wonder on this progress. It is up to them if any wish to participate via the Role-play threads. With that said, not all <Brides> members are roleplayers either, just simply female druchii who enjoy the themed idea of the Guild and that is fine with us also. Again, each to their own! ;)

P.S. I apologize for the 'wall of text', in reference to WAR Online, this is consistent in my mind. I've always played the game with these thoughts and continue to do so, this thread merely inspired me to relay my consistency.

Thank you for reading. :D

"Stabbing is a great way to burn any unwanted fat off and besides, it's fun!"

doombane

Post#13 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:04 am

Nene, you are awesome haha!

I absolutely agree. This server is here for all of us. We are fans of Warhammer. Whether we show that love through smashing each others faces in with competitive RvR with the amazing Warhammer models, battling in raids and mob mechanics in PvE, or role playing in a tavern about our characters, we are all the community. We all effect one another. When a rift is formed by a dislike of one another, it harms everyone.

I'll be attempting to post some pictures tonight on some cool role play spots! Maybe some of you can meet me there and try them out! :D

Gorwe

Post#14 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:08 am

I just wanted to say:

DROP DEAD DRUCHII SCUM!

Gorwe

Post#15 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:18 am

NeneEilserv wrote:
doombane wrote:Thank you for your support! A lot of small role playing communities like ours typically have problems with the larger community trolling or harassing. It's pretty awesome to see you guys being so welcoming to the idea.
Witches Blessings.
I couldn't agree more with this response.

As a player, I came from a live community server that was indeed largely "trolling" AND "harrassing" towards other players that preferred to game their gaming time differently. As an end result, the role-playing community shrunk greatly into small hidden communities and away from the vast amount of dedicated RVR players.
You were shunned upon by elitests and bullies for spending time in the forbidden areas known as the "PVE" areas and called stupid and lame often when exercising role-play in an open chat channel. Often their ruling was that everyone must commit and abide to the game and the RVR structure, sizing those that don't shouldn't play at all.
To say that my server was a terrible place is actually wrong, but those that troll are often heard the loudest and hurt the most!

To this I argue, this is "Warhammer" and was always meant to have a community that was dedicated to that fact alone. This means that this game was always meant to attract those that love the idea to roleplay their character/s in a form that isn't a tabletop or a DM structured game. This MMO was always going to be attractive to those that wanted to roleplay "Warhammer" and not something like "WoW" for those that weren't interested in that.

Back on 'live' and traveling around in some of the PVE areas as "Nene" on my Cold One Mount, I would sometimes find the odd person on the road or in a PVE Chapter Camp and running about busy. Sometimes I would ask politely if they were quest-taking or simply exploring, some of the answers didn't surprise me in the least. I found a common answer to be, "Because I love the storyline". A couple would even state honestly that they had never set foot into an RVR lake, because they didn't play to be competitive.

I strongly believe everyone has the RIGHT to play this game anyway he/she wants to. I personally play it for all its aspects. I have nothing against those that play this for it's RVR only, I'm only against others telling me how I should play and that goes for anyone else.

My point is, roleplaying is very much apart of the fan-base, whether you like where Games Workshop is going with it's new storylines or not. This MMO did have a large community for its roleplay once upon a time on the live servers, it now seems to me that that could be possible again with all this talk about it.
It is my sincere wish to wish you all a success with this.

It was my hope back in Oct/Nov 2014 when we had a small dedicated community here, that something like this would come to pass. The players then exercised role-play freely when there wasn't any RVR hardly at all and that was because I found, most players were also fans of "Warhammer" and despite a much more incomplete alpha game at that time, they were here just for that reason of being in WAR Online! It wasn't just some MMO game that happened to have some great RVR, it was more than that, to them and me.

About me ...
I understand the dedication that RVR players have towards RVR and support it, I also see the neccessity of the dedication in keeping the battle going and support this largely also. I never did "not" support it! ;)
This game for me is about all its riches and wonders, WAR is at its best personally when you play with the right people. I applaud and cutsey towards this effort of role-play planning and wish it success.
For me though ... participation via a role-play thread is something I may not be taking part in though, I'm sorry to say. Role-play via game though is something I would do.

My reason is, time mostly!
When I have spare time, I am somewhat of an amateur writer. I write about my witch elf and feel I won't have much to show on a role-play thread that doesn't otherwise spoil my personal work. In-game though, that isn't really an issue so much. Writing for me is hard to do and takes alot of my spare time, but my personal goal is to one day gain ground with it and write something far more serious. Something that isn't copyright in selling of course! :lol:
My witch is my inspiration too in writing my current efforts, but I will not share ideas or the stories on an open community forum. That reason too is because this is an open forum and will not like to be held responsible for minors reading the themes of sex and violence! I will not do that, nor will I ever.

Regardless, I am the Guild Leader of <Brides> and co-run the Guild with "Naraes". She and <Brides> are interested too in these ideas and are watching with wonder on this progress. It is up to them if any wish to participate via the Role-play threads. With that said, not all <Brides> members are roleplayers either, just simply female druchii who enjoy the themed idea of the Guild and that is fine with us also. Again, each to their own! ;)

P.S. I apologize for the 'wall of text', in reference to WAR Online, this is consistent in my mind. I've always played the game with these thoughts and continue to do so, this thread merely inspired me to relay my consistency.

Thank you for reading. :D

Even tho you are a drug induced man :| Atharti's bitch, I have to agree with this. People trolled me to no avail both on KN and on KA because I played for PvE(stories are really nicely written) and for RP. Hear, hear. It's WARHAMMER!

To everyone, don't let the "Warhammer CS:GO" crowd annoy you. Just ignore them. ;)

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:45 am

Hello,

I like the roleplay idea. I don`t roleplay by my self but for me it is a part of the atmosphere when I see and read Player who roleplay.

If you Need any Support or if i can help you I will try to help. For example supervising Events so that trolls are not able to disrupt you or something like this.

regards
Sigmarpriest

Velxunyrr

Post#17 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:25 am

SigmarPriest wrote:Hello,

I like the roleplay idea. I don`t roleplay by my self but for me it is a part of the atmosphere when I see and read Player who roleplay.

If you Need any Support or if i can help you I will try to help. For example supervising Events so that trolls are not able to disrupt you or something like this.

regards
Sigmarpriest
That's awesome, and greatly appreciated.

NeneEilserv

Post#18 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Velxunyrr wrote:
SigmarPriest wrote:Hello,

regards
Sigmarpriest
That's awesome, and greatly appreciated.
I second that appreciation and I'm sure I won't be the last. :D
Last edited by NeneEilserv on Sat May 09, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stabbing is a great way to burn any unwanted fat off and besides, it's fun!"

Ads
SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello,

I already wrote doombane regarding this Topic. I read some days ago the Suggestion about a roleplay Forum area and my idea was to start with a roleplay Topic. If Feedback is good and People use it a lot so that we see that a whole area for roleplay would be better we can still add a Forum area for roleplay only.

The Problem is i have no knowlege about roleplay. All i know that there are rules you Need to follow if you want interact in a roleplay manner. So first I Need some rules i would add them in the start thread.

The next question is. Should the thread just be a thread who People can write in a roleplay manner or should there be a story or a world behind this thread for example a tavern where Heros & Wanderers meet and rest, eat drink and everbody who write in this thread Need to descripe his behavior in this tavern. But i am not sure if this is even possible because when for example chaos and Imperium come together there is only war? So when a witchhunter enter a tavern and there sit a witch he will try to kill her direct or i am wrong?
Another idea is that we can then an Event out of this. For example after some weeks it Looks like there will be a big brawl between in this tavern chaos and order we can search ig a Location made a date and then the brawl will be fought out ig. (but for Events with fights you Need to know that there will be only fight between destru and order because that is the only way it works at the Moment ig so no fights betweens dwarfs and elves for example).

Maybe some of you have other ideas? If yes let me hear.

regards

Velxunyrr

Post#20 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 pm

General Role-Playing Rules

No God-modding, Power-playing, or Metagaming
This is perhaps the most important rule to be considered. God-modding refers to the practice of creating an insanely overpowered character who cannot be touched or harmed by anything, and it is often seen as a very rude thing to do. Avoid it as it ruins the fun for others and will not be tolerated.

Power-playing is when someone RPs as another person's character to give the themselves an unfair advantage. For example, someone says, "I win because <insert character name here> ran off a cliff!". This is just as bad as god-modding. Don't do it, as it won't be tolerated.

Metagaming is where a player's character makes use of OOC knowledge that the player is aware of but their character is not. A character played by a metagamer does not act in a way that reflects their character's in-game experiences and backstory.

Refrain from Auto-hitting
Automatically hitting means you attack another person's RP character without allowing them a chance to defend or control the actions of their character. Much like God Modding, this practice is frowned upon, considered rude, and will not be tolerated.

Be Respectful
Respect is paramount. It's ok to play a character that isn't the most pleasant to be around, but if you want to join a role-playing campaign, you should respect the people who have taken their own personal time to set it up, as it is for your entertainment as well as theirs. As a result, you should also respect the campaign itself; if it isn't for you, then kindly leave and find another campaign that is more suited to your tastes.

The Moderator and Thread Owner Have the Final Call
If an out of character argument breaks out during the course of a role-playing campaign, then the forum moderator or thread owner always has the final say. You should respect this decision and simply move on.

Don't Abuse Your Power
While moderators and the thread owner hold the most power over what goes on in the thread, this does not mean they can do whatever the please. Be fair to the people in your campaign and they will be fair to you.

Spelling and Grammar
Try your best with your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We're all human and we all make mistakes, and English may not be a person's first language, which is fine. Just be sure to proofread your responses before posting. Misused grammar, capitalization, and spelling can be extremely immersion-breaking for the people involved, so please, do try your hardest.

Terminology
RP - Role-play

OOC - Out of character. This is used to refer to times when role-players speak as themselves in a thread, rather than their character.

IC - In character. Pretty much the opposite of "Out of character."

Bio - Biography. Refers to an in-depth backstory of your character, abilities, weapons, and so on.