Recent Topics

Ads

[Role-Play] The State of RoR Roleplay

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
HoeLeSchitt

[Role-Play] The State of RoR Roleplay

Post#1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Greetings to my fellow roleplayers!

The main purpose of this thread will be to try and gage the current state of RP in RoR, focusing on current activity and potential interest. From what I can tell, aside from the Thunderers who mainly focus on events (tried to make it to the event yesterday, but the timezone threw me off :| ), RP is currently dead in RoR. I've seen on the forums that the Blood Legion on Destro and the Oathsworn on Order have become unactive (please correct me if I am wrong), and other than those three guilds, it doesn't seem as if there was much other activity. If there is another RP guild out there, or players who are currently RPing in RoR, please respond here or shoot me a PM! I want to try and make a network of sorts for those wanting to RP.

Secondly, if you are interested in RPing in RoR (whether light, medium, or heavy in level), please respond to this thread as well! If I see that there is enough interest, I would love to create a new guild that is focused entirely on fostering a healthy RP community in RoR. I'll have more details on my ideas for that once I see what the interest level would be. For now, I'll just say that my thought is to create a community guild either based out of a village/city or one having no in-character purpose at all that will simply function as a means of getting roleplayers in contact with each other. Either way, the goal would be to make it as open as possible and extremely easy to get involved.

Also, if there is anything in particular that you would like to see from said guild, please comment with that below. The more feedback the better.

Thanks.

Ads
Rogue

Re: [Role-Play] The State of RoR Roleplay

Post#2 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello - I did in fact join the server on this very day and I am looking for some means of RP - I'm currently going to roll a witch elf thus that will be the concept I'll try to RP with, if there is anything available.

I am casual up to heavy RP'er, but I usually go with the standards of others players

HoeLeSchitt

Post#3 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:05 pm

First, welcome to RoR!

Second, thank you for responding!

Third, I've been debating in my head about what do for both factions. It would be best (at least at the start) if we were all consolidated on one faction, instead of split between the two. That would enable us to at least establish an RP community foundation and then build from there.

That being said, cross-faction RP may be possible. I know that during RvR it is possible to see what the other faction is saying in /s at the very least, though I'm not sure about emotes. So we may be able to do something with that going forward. For now, if possible, I would like to focus on establishing some sort of presence Order-side and then branch to Destro when the community has some life in it.

Coryphaus

Post#4 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Rogue wrote:Hello - I did in fact join the server on this very day and I am looking for some means of RP - I'm currently going to roll a witch elf thus that will be the concept I'll try to RP with, if there is anything available.

I am casual up to heavy RP'er, but I usually go with the standards of others players

Their is a guild called < The Brides of Khaine > which is dedicated to rping as WE's but they are a small guild so it might be a bit hard finding the guild leader when they are to join

Rping is still being tried by players in the community, their is an rp events being held and stff

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 131#p49131

HoeLeSchitt

Post#5 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 am

Coryphaus wrote:
Rping is still being tried by players in the community, their is an rp events being held and stff

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 131#p49131
I had seen that event and commented on the other thread of it expressing interest in it in the future. It is nice that there is some stuff still going on. My hope is increase activity like it, both in events and unplanned, random RP. Either in the open world or in guild chat.

Glorian

Post#6 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:33 am

Hoi Lad!

First thanks for the interest in the 3rd Bitterstone Engineer Event.
Our plan is to make every week on wednesday an RvR part and every second week an hour of marching and light RP.
Also we made one event so far called Ekrund nights where we run for an hour the dwarf tavern in Ekrund. Some of us used a second character to pose a barmen or waitress and serve beer and food. Main organisator is Kragg (Drengk).

I can think of a similar approach to your mentioned RP Guild. I have heard of an MMO where a Guild set up the crew of an Tavern and had someone at least in mentioned tavern to run spontanious roleplay and such.
I think it was a cantina in Star Wars Online.

The first Tavern that comes to my mind is the Mastivs End in Altdorf. It is very central layed, you can reach it easily by flight master and when you check the auction house it is only two steps into it. I think you might also see the saybubbles when you are at the auction house or on the marketplace.

So what do you think?
If you haven't that much guild members you can send opening hours for the Mastivs End around the /advice channel. I'm sure some people who are in Altdorf to check auctions will stop by and have a drink.

If there is a discount for soldiers the 3rd Bitterstone will stop by regularly. :)

HoeLeSchitt

Post#7 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 am

Greetings, dwarf.

I was hoping one of you guys would respond to this thread. I'll admit, I made an engineer on Monday and spent most of that night and Tuesday leveling him to 11 so I could attend the event. Then come Wednesday, I showed up an hour late because I messed up the timezones. I'm stateside in California on PST, so when I did the math for PST to GMT...I didn't account for the GMT (+1). Anyway, I'd love to drop my dwarf into your guild for future events though. His name is Ruki. An orc cut out his tongue, so there will be no singing for him. He will hum and grumble along though.

Anyway, on to the business at hand.

I do like the idea, but my worry is that it is too far removed and players might not want to make the journey all the way out there. I'd been thinking about setting up some kind of physical base camp somewhere, like you suggested in Mastivs End, but the conclusion I came to is that it should be as close to the T2 RvR action as possible. To that end, Bohsenfels may be the best location. And I believe this for a few reasons.

1. Flight Master: The Ostland flight master is in Bohsenfels, making it very easy to access after one visit and the second you fly in you are within 30 seconds of where ever RP may be held, if done so in the town itself.

2. Proximity to RvR: I want to promote overall activity in RoR as much as I want to promote RP in RoR. And it just so happens that RvR is the single most important and popular activity in RoR. So being close to RvR where people can stop by, RP for a bit, and then leave when the action picks up again would be useful.

3. Location: Not only is it close to T2 RvR and have a flight master, but there are also a lot of cool locations in Ostland and Troll Country that are accessible from here for RP out in the world and potentially for use in RP storylines, if we ever get enough interest to do one of those.

4. Houses: Lots of houses that could potentially be claimed by RPers. You can't get inside any of them...but hey...that's what this is for...
Spoiler:
The downsides of Bohsenfels are (as mentioned above) that you can't get inside of any of its buildings, so there would be no tavern. However, given that your guild already has a tavern event, maybe it is best to keep that as the only community tavern event. Tavern RP is all well and good, but variety is key. You have a tavern event and an ORvR event, so perhaps my focus should be placed elsewhere. Such as providing means of connecting RPers, fostering RP out in the world, and perhaps even a community wide storyline spanning several events.

Thoughts?

And perhaps the 3rd Bitterstone could have an outpost in Bohsenfels. You guys must have a base camp somewhere near T2 if that's where your events are held. ;)

Glorian

Post#8 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 am

@Bitterstone Thunderers:
Show up next Wednesday and you are in. ;)
Lvl 11 is enough. Don't forget to put Necron Abyss as main color on your body armour.

@Travel Master Bug:
How can you fast travel to Bohsenfels?
I can only travel FROM Bohsenfels but not TO it.
Maybe it is only a bug at me. I tried to make a right click and then unlock the flight point. But that doesn't seem to work on any of the not first activated flight points.

@Concerning Bohensfels as a Base camp.
The location is good for the area, doing some scouting in the Woods and so on. Also the bandits and the Tower can make up for some Action and RP.
But what you want is "Laufkundschaft". Meaning people who walk by and don't look in the forum that there is RP going on at a special day on a location they don't visit on their way to the Action. Try to think from the point that you want to open a new Starbucks store. Where would you setup that store? Definitely not in a second row street or Town.

When the Bitterstone is forming a line in the Warcamp near the flightmaster they generate interest. If we form up in Bohsenfels no one would look our way and it would have been harder for us to generate participants in the past.

So there are two Places were every Order player walks by regularly:
Altdorf Flightmaster <-> Action House
Warcampp T2 <-> T2 RvR Area <-> Mandreds Keep.

So if you want to get the people in you have to be on the way of any of these "Laufwege" aka walkways.

Ads
HoeLeSchitt

Post#9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:57 pm

@Bitterstone:

Yess'r. I'll beh reporten fur duteh.

@Travel Master Bug:

When I got there, it was my first time running in, so I've yet to fly in. I'll check next I get on. I hope that's not the case...

@Bohensfels

That is a good point I hadn't considered. There is a chance we'll catch new members joining the community by establishing a presence on the forums, because as an RPer, I can attest that the first thing I look at are forums to check for activity. As for already existing players who may be interested in RP or those who skip over the forums, if we establish in Bohensfels, do you think we could still effectively reach them with a daily /advice blast and then plan some basic RP in those walkways? We won't quite have the pzazz of a group of dwarfs in uniform standing in a line, but any RPer looking for RP who sees some emotes going around should get excited enough to either join or shoot us a whisper.

HoeLeSchitt

Post#10 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:01 pm

So, is there any other interest in establishing a guild focused on fostering RP in RoR?