Recent Topics

Ads

Swift Assist Guide + Enemy integration

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

Re: Swift Assist Guide + Enemy integration

Post#11 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Spoiler:
hunter4souls wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm slightly updated SwiftAssist in terms of UX:
added more addon messages in chat so now it's clear for any user HOW to set it to broadcast assisted target properly.
shorterned argument from "announcesetassist" to "set"
some other small tweaks

replace code in SwiftAssist.lua in addon folder with this

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/u1Cn251w
there are not that much changes but those should make usage of swiftAssist easier and more pleasant

PS: also i've noticed cases when /assist do not work and don't select target. That's a game problem that can be solved by rotating camera around by 360 degrees or leaving area and coming back, so objects would loaded by game properly
I`d suggest update idrinth website version with new one, also nice point on /assist fix, I know "performance addon" make issues with it after fresh login. Fix itself after sometime, didnt know rotating or swaping zones helps. Thx!

Ads
hunter4souls

Post#12 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:01 pm

further updated SwiftAssit:
added shortcuts for warband(wb), party(p) etc
added option to set /say for Scenarios
fixed broadcast in CitySieges
added separate options for city broadcast
reworked console commands and messages

check new version at https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/swiftassist/
<icon20191> Aktheon : drift masta
<icon20201> Akteon : healer? what healer?
<icon20203> Aktheonus : M.D. on drugs
<icon20181> Aktheonius : deep (Keep) penetration
<icon20197> Aktheonok : as good as kfc

hunter4souls

Post#13 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:25 am

Updated Swift-Assist:
lot of small changes, added 2 new Macroses for easier assist in City fights

darkt1981

Post#14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:07 am

other 2 can work together
3) macros "SwiftAssistMe" : "/script SwiftAssist.AssistMe()" will ask in chat for assist on current target
(useful when you'r a MA and you change your target and you want to announce it)

4) macros "SwiftSmartAssist" : '/script SwiftAssist.Inactive(L"smart")'
if enabled via "/swift smart" will listen to chat and set itself to assist last player that has used "SwiftAssistMe" macro
(usefull in case when MA is dead and someone else announcing new target to focus)

if tryed this but what every i try i cant make the npc say its target in chat or make my alt then target hims, when i press the macro, nothing happens.

tryed this on the bitterstone version of enemy. (working channels) nothing.
also tried this on enemy 2.8.0 - seems to be bugged for me i cant make channels or join channels for some reason, so i have to stick to Bitterstone version, not sure how up to date that one is?

if anybody btw know where to get the updated version of the bitterstone one please share.

here is what i do:

1. Join party/warband
2. In chat type /swift smart wb/p depending on what group type i am in on both characters
3. Press "SwiftAssistMe" button on character 1
4. Press "SwiftSmartAssist" button on character 2 to activate smart assist.

get error: [SwiftAssist] : Smart Assist macro is inactive, please configured it via /swift smart, and make sure someone have used SwiftAssistMe

i already done /swift smart wb/p what am i missing here ?

hunter4souls

Post#15 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:30 am

Some players are experiencing problems with game built-in /assist function. Some players never experienced any problems, some players experience problems pretty often. No clue what's the case to trigger that bug. Bug ticket:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17526

BUT:
1. Join party/warband
2. In chat type /swift smart wb/p depending on what group type i am in on both characters
3. Press "SwiftAssistMe" button on character 1
4. Press "SwiftSmartAssist" button on character 2 to activate smart assist.

get error: [SwiftAssist] : Smart Assist macro is inactive, please configured it via /swift smart, and make sure someone have used SwiftAssistMe
It seems that you'r doing everything OK, but for some reason it refuses to parse chat text properly. I've tested that on both my accounts using PC and laptop and with help of friends..
Yet i have no idea why you'r receiving an error message.

I'll think about script that can find out what's the problem and post it shortly

bisbalien

Post#16 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:58 pm

I am trying viny ui for a couple of weeks and i like it a lot. However my enemy is not communicating with swift assist or smt else with these two addons is mulfuctioning. I do not get the arrow above enemies when my assist is targeting them. Any advice ?

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#17 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:45 am

hunter4souls wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm slightly updated SwiftAssist in terms of UX:
added more addon messages in chat so now it's clear for any user HOW to set it to broadcast assisted target properly.
Would that be worth adding to the default? If yes, do you have a diff/patch for me to upload?(assuming you don't want to upload it yourself)
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Bignusty

Post#18 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm

Hey i have trouble to configure swift assist macro to get the target of my assist . Someone can write the macro to spam it and get the target of my assist please?

Ads
Phantasm

Post#19 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:16 pm

Bignusty wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm Hey i have trouble to configure swift assist macro to get the target of my assist . Someone can write the macro to spam it and get the target of my assist please?

Drag 1st icon macro on a skill bar, click someone you wanna assist, press that macro, then drag 2nd macro to skill bar and press it when you want to see that player`s target (new target must be in your target range). Spam it if you see that player is swaping targets frequently.

Bignusty

Post#20 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:43 am

Phantasm wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Bignusty wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm Hey i have trouble to configure swift assist macro to get the target of my assist . Someone can write the macro to spam it and get the target of my assist please?

Drag 1st icon macro on a skill bar, click someone you wanna assist, press that macro, then drag 2nd macro to skill bar and press it when you want to see that player`s target (new target must be in your target range). Spam it if you see that player is swaping targets frequently.
Do i need to be in a party whit the guy im assisting? Cause i done some test to spam the /assist my assist and i can't get the target of my assist dunno why